PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DirectTV drops cost of NFL Sunday Ticket to under $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI. There was a thread in our forum where one of the guys called Direct TV and wanted to cancel his subscription because it was $120 more than he could afford. Direct TV reduced the price for him, and allowed him to keep the Sunday Ticket.
Everyone in that thread called in after that, and around 60% of us got discounted. $200 is not bad.

Last edited:
I wonder what the price of it will be for those of us w/o DirectTV?

I paid $350 last year, which was a little on the high side at first, but by the end of the year I felt like I got my money's worth.

I got it for free last year because when I saw that new customers were getting it free I called them up and complained that I had been a loyal customer for years and was not offered this deal. Took 3 calls but I eventually got a guy on the phone who helped me out. I was going to do it again this year and still might but $200 is not bad and right in line with what I pay for the Bruins and Red Sox.

I wonder what the price of it will be for those of us w/o DirectTV?

I paid $350 last year, which was a little on the high side at first, but by the end of the year I felt like I got my money's worth.

I think its 200 on the playstation app. As far as I know DirecTV is still charging 299 for mobile access and I'm assuming that includes watching on the internet from their site but I could be wrong.

I hope NFl follow suit and the NFL game pass drops in price too.

Love my Sunday ticket. My guess is that with everyone calling up for thier 'discount' they felt if was best to just drop the price. My guess is that calling up won't work as well this year.

If you have the PS3 do you have the ability to pause the game?

That's my biggest concern.

I called Directv last year and told them another cable company wanted to buy me out of my direct tv contract and the only reason I had direct tv was for the Sunday ticket but the $335 price for 2011 was too much for me. Direct tv said they would give me a one time credit of $200 and a $10 credit for 12 months and give me the to go package for free. So the total deal for Sunday ticket with the to go package last year for me was $15.

I will be calling this year too but if they don't budge then $200 isn't bad.

However, from what I heard the $200 is for the Sunday ticket only. To have the Sunday ticket, the to go package and the red zone it is going to cost $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back