Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did Troy Brown Deserve A Retirement Press Conference?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by robertweathers, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

For those of us who have followed the Pats closely over the last 15+ years, we can all agree that Troy Brown's statistical accomplishments and contributions to the team's overall success are substantial.

After witnessing the well-deserved send-off Bru received, I can't help but wonder why Troy Brown did not receive the same level of treatment. What was BB and the Kraft's rationale in making the determination that Bru deserved a press-conference and Troy did not. Along that same line, are press-conferences held in greater esteem than "nights"? I know the team had a "Troy Brown Night" last year which was great and all, but heck, Bruce Armstrong and Ted Johnson also had "nights" and IMO both Bru and TB's contributions to the team exceed Armstrong and Johnson's respectfully (IMO).

Obviously, I'm of the opinion that Brown's contributions to the team are pretty darn close to Bru's. What was the deciding factor? Scheduling convienence, marqee status, urgency, ........BB had a greater level of appreciation for Bru (my assumption)?

I'm interested in what others think/feel are the determining factors in deciding who deserves a press conference, a "night" or both. I just think it's interesting...
  2. patman12

patman12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Maybe Troy didn't want one. Tough to say without knowing if it was offered.
  3. Lampshade

Lampshade Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm sure he could have had one if he wanted.
  4. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

5. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +129 / 6 / -12

I'm still trying to figure why Ted Williams has a tunnel named after him ...but Bill Russell has nada
  6. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +76 / 4 / -0

But Troy did have a retirement press conference, and it was similar to Bruschi's, and also very emotional. I'm sure its in the patriots.com archives if you missed it.
  7. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Free Troy Brown!!!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  8. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patsfans.com mods & members,

My apologies. Apparantly I was asleep during Troy Brown's retirement press conference.

robertweathers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.