PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Laurence Maroney get hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a matter of running the ball, it's having a coherent game plan, mixing it up to keep the defense spread and guessing, and taking a shot once in a while when it's there.

Since Weis is in the news, maybe go back and look at what a game plan is like (with a lot less talent).

I include McDaniels in the beautiful design, but no game plan, category. Any beautiful design can be defended. A game plan that constantly seeks to change and make the defense react, really can't. Charlie weis would use plays in the first quarter that were unsuccessful, to play off a similar look and sucker the defense in the fourth quarter.

Notice how we still look to go up by 3-4 touchdowns and hope we can hang on. That should tell you something about what has happened to our offense. When you have the perfect play in the second half and you keep coming up with them, it is no accident.

We have as much or more talent on offense as we had in the SB years.

That is a bold statement. We're lacking the depth at WR that we had with the Gaffney's and the Caldwell's. That is one of the reasons why we lost last night. They Saints took away Welker and Moss and basically were saying to Brady and the Pats beat us with your 3rd and 4th WR's and TE's. Clearly we couldnt do that. Yeah, Aiken had a good game but is he as good as Gaffney and Caldwell, no I dont think so.

I disagree you saw maroney out their in wr screens for the first time today he was picking up blitz and ran real good.

I said that he ran real well. Maroney has problems picking up the blitz, thats why Faulk comes in on 3rd downs. You saw him in on one WR screen and he made a good block, that doesnt mean that he was in there a lot.

Huh???? At the 9:00 mark, we get the kickoff from saints after they went up 14. By the way, thats the 3rd qtr. That, in my book, is not panic time. They could have run the ball all they wanted. Plenty of time left.

NFL Game Center: New England Patriots at New Orleans Saints - 2009 Week 12

Completely agree. Kon and I were talkin bout this in the game chat. Balanced offense got us our easiest score and best drive of the night. You have to make the saints stop the run after you ram in down their throat the way we did.

9min in the 3rd is about right that is plenty of time against the saints seeing as they were scoring in under 2min every drive

LoMo has been running harder- and that is great to see. The problem is that he has fumbled in 3 consecutive games. That can't continue.

Completely agree. Kon and I were talkin bout this in the game chat. Balanced offense got us our easiest score and best drive of the night. You have to make the saints stop the run after you ram in down their throat the way we did.

9min in the 3rd is about right that is plenty of time against the saints seeing as they were scoring in under 2min every drive

We ran it 3 times for 26 yards and threw it 6 for 26 yards and then the end around to Welker (not really a run or pass). The big play on that drive was the personal foul at the beginning of the drive. The best drive of the game was obviously the 1st drive.

When your down by 14 points to the Saints you cant run the ball down their throats, its a good game plan in the 1st quarter or when its a 1 possesion game, not when your down by 14 in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News