PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did I have a bad fever dream or did...

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Cris Collinsworth really say Deatrich "Not so" Wise is our best defender? What in the world? One of the most bizarre and insane things I've ever heard on a broadcast and I've been listening to Marv Albert mistake players for guys that last played in 1993 these last few years.

Not sure Wise is even a top ten defender on this team. Thought this was so insane it deserved it's own thread.

Collinsworth is horrible. I do think at one time he was decent but hes done. Hopefully he goes with Al.

Collinsworth is horrible. I do think at one time he was decent but hes done. Hopefully he goes with Al.
I think he's one of the best in the biz, but my god was that bizarre. CTE or old age setting in.

Al Michaels hard carries that team.

You are not imagining things and many caught that last night.

Collinsworth is a bizarre announcer and I’ve noticed for many years he takes one player a week and either says he’s the best on the team or best in the league.

This however, was the most bizarre I’ve ever seen.

Al is the last iconic voice in football, but I’ve noticed for many years he either gets bored easily or side tracked.

It seems like he got successful and stop doing the prep work required to stay that way.

How many defenders are better than Wise? 12?

It seems like he got successful and stop doing the prep work required to stay that way.

How many defenders are better than Wise? 12?
I'd say at minimum:

Gilmore
Jackson
Mills
J Jones
Guy
Judon (the best)
Bentley
Barmore
Phillips
Dmac

Maybe: Hightower, not a great start to the year though

Last edited:
Ya I got no clue how you can be watching that game and think Wise is the best DL let alone defender especially when Judon and Barmore were eating the Bucs OL up and were the primary reasons Brady at times wasn't comfortable in the pocket

It’s a hard job to have to pretend you follow all 32 teams closely enough to know the insides and out.

Something to the effect of "best all around defensive player on the team"

36wpec.gif

I thought I heard him say that. I just assumed that I heard him wrong, guess not :confused:

I'd say at minimum:

Gilmore
Jackson
Mills
J Jones
Guy
Judon (the best)
Bentley
Phillips
Dmac
No love for Hightower?

That's why I listen to music or to a podcast while watching games not announced by Tony Romo.

Cris Collinsworth really say Deatrich "Not so" Wise is our best defender? What in the world? One of the most bizarre and insane things I've ever heard on a broadcast and I've been listening to Marv Albert mistake players for guys that last played in 1993 these last few years.

Not sure Wise is even a top ten defender on this team. Thought this was so insane it deserved it's own thread.

I heard that......but it didn't register because nothing Collingsworth says registers

I've been saying Collinsworth is a goose neck annoying weasel for years! I laughed at that one too. Get rid of this clown!!!

You are not imagining things and many caught that last night.

Collinsworth is a bizarre announcer and I’ve noticed for many years he takes one player a week and either says he’s the best on the team or best in the league.

This however, was the most bizarre I’ve ever seen.

CC get's a lot of slack for (IMHO) for one of the best reaction calls in Patriot's history - "You've got to be kidding me" - but this statement just cost him all those points.

He does that stuff often... we'll see a player make a good play, and all of a sudden that player is an underrated great contributor to the d or the o... its just announcer fluff... ask him next week about Wise and he will most likely say "who?"

Maybe he meant to say let’s go Brandon

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back