PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Felger and Borges et. al. hasten Moss' exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I cannot help but think that the "unappreciated" feeling that Moss felt here in New England was in large part due to the dopes in the media. Felger and Borges and Callahan were on his case from the moment he arrived and some weak minded among the fans actually believed them.

And if the Patriots offense starts to sputter these same cry babies in the media will never admit they were wrong just like you never hear how bad the Red Sox bats have become because Manny left; of course Moss was a boy scout compared to Manny. And Moss was a boyscout compared to almost every other big WR in the league although this seems to have been conveniently forgotten by the local media; I half expect Borges to start slamming the Patriots for not trading for Jackson.

Isn't it time we stop this endless speculation, turn the page and move on?

I am getting jitters about the upcoming Ravens game and am praying for a payback. Would be a sweet W considering that the Ravens seemed to have a solid win against the Broncos yesterday and are on the high now.

I blame it on Fred from Dartmouth stalking him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot help but think that the "unappreciated" feeling that Moss felt here in New England was in large part due to the dopes in the media. Felger and Borges and Callahan were on his case from the moment he arrived and some weak minded among the fans actually believed them.

And if the Patriots offense starts to sputter these same cry babies in the media will never admit they were wrong just like you never hear how bad the Red Sox bats have become because Manny left; of course Moss was a boy scout compared to Manny. And Moss was a boyscout compared to almost every other big WR in the league although this seems to have been conveniently forgotten by the local media; I half expect Borges to start slamming the Patriots for not trading for Jackson.

What? They scored the second most runs in the league.

When the whole story comes out, if it does, then you may have a different opinion, I doubt the mediots had anything to do with it.

You're seriously over-rating the impact the media has on the players. I'm sure Moss knew those guys hated him, but if BB gave him a shiny new contract, all that "unappreciated" talk would have died real fast.

are you really trying to ask if the media had an effect on BB's decisions regarding the team and what is best for it?????

im pretty sure you know the answer to that

Well no on the Moss thing, if they gave him the money he would have been fine. Also on the Red Sox the last full yr the Red Sox had Manny the avg 5.3 rpg, this year 5.1 rpg. Red Sox problem has been pitching not hitting. Didn't mean to go to baseball but hate when this is said about the Red Sox,

You can put Tanguay and Zolak in that group too...........

Can I get an Amen!

OK...but no more presents until Christmas,young man...(and eat your broccoli..:D

amen.jpg

Last edited:
are you really trying to ask if the media had an effect on BB's decisions regarding the team and what is best for it?????

Of course not! That's not what I said; read it again. What I asked was if the Media had an effect on Randy and his feeling of under appreciation. I think so. I think that the negative media had a large influence on the public perception of Randy.

Oh and add DA to that list. About the only media guy in town who did appreciate Moss was the Barstool sports guy. Felgie used to have in on now and then and was amazed at his positive attitude toward Moss and the ownership.

As far as moving on to the Ravens...we have all week to speculate what will happen. The Moss story is a real one. And I also suspect that all the Big-WR-Fanatics will come out of the woodwork and dream up unrealistic trades for unobtainable (and headcase) WRs; would you prefer that?

98.5 sportshub sucks balls. I'll leave it at that.

We all know that the media's only agenda is to stir up controversy and hits. So it's not far-fetched to say that they played their role in at least turning the fans against him, as they revel in the aftermath of the trade.

Knowing this, nothing--I mean nothing--these mediots pull out of their asses regarding arguments with coaches, pouting, haircut fights, etc. should be given any credibility whatsoever, and those who are using these stories to partly back up their contention that Moss is the one to blame for all of this, are guilty of some serious hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3