PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver's TJ Ward a man of his word, goes low on 87 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you tackle gronk? I would definitely go for his legs.

How would you tackle gronk? I would definitely go for his legs.

You wrap up his legs or hit him in his hip or thigh.

Spearing his knee with your helmet is done for one reason and it isn't to just make a tackle.

You

You play football to win you won by stoping the hug in front of you if you go high and he will win you would go low. I'd do the same it no different than a running back cutting a LB who is rushing through at the QB.

So isn't going low at the knees a personal foul?

Ayers hit Manning in the knee
Deus - put the drugs down. Ayers hit Manning in the THIGH.

JMC00 posted a very CLEAR picture of this in the Post-Game Thread. A thread every noticed you've stayed out of.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...post-game-thread.1113168/page-12#post-3973477

xGeL0E8.jpg

Tell me again how he hit Manning in the KNEEs?

BTW - You people who don't think it's classless to wish injury upon someone clearly have never played a sport in your life. Do yourselves a favor and talk to someone who actually HAS. You never wish injury upon another player. Never.

The evidence doesn't contradict me. That's why I suggested glasses for you. His helmet is above the bended knee. His shoulder is hitting said knee.

Ayers head is in line with his shoulders. Which ARE above Manning's knees. It sure as hell DOES contradict you. YOU are the one who needs glasses.

Deus is gonna argue and not admit defeat, even when he clearly has lost the battle.

DI, how about that kid collins???

Ayers tackle was a great tackle, that other clown could learn a lesson from him.

I am gonna make it simple for some to understand and wrap up my thoughts on this thread using some Trent Dilfer logic, maybe that will work...

...until they admit it is a problem, they have yet to acknowledge the issue...

Ayers head is in line with his shoulders. Which ARE above Manning's knees. It sure as hell DOES contradict you. YOU are the one who needs glasses.
How anyone can look at that photo and not see that Ayers' shoulders are firmly aimed and planted at Manning's mid-thigh region is beyond me. In real time, it looked low. In slow motion and in frame, it is a text book tackle.

How anyone can look at that photo and not see that Ayers' shoulders are firmly aimed and planted at Manning's mid-thigh region is beyond me.

It's probably just because they understand anatomy.

When I look at human detritus like Ward, I think of Malone's quote to Ness in The Untouchables.

It's probably just because they understand anatomy.
Deus go home, go to bed and forget this. Your done on this subject, they have already stuck a fork in you. You're roasted. Stop digging a deeper hole. The head and shoulders were above the knees. You're using the grey area of the rule book to try and support your cause, and it isn't working

Amateur biomechanics breakdown I'll admit, but I simply can't see how it can be argued that Ayers hit Manning in the knee. It's quads and hips.

opo51f.jpg

Deus go home, go to bed and forget this. Your done on this subject, they have already stuck a fork in you. You're roasted. Stop digging a deeper hole. The head and shoulders were above the knees. You're using the grey area of the rule book to try and support your cause, and it isn't working

Yeah, the rule must be lying. I said that the call could have gone either way. A former official who was a guest on one of the talk shows today said the same thing, long before I'd posted about it.

Another one for the ignore list.

Amateur biomechanics breakdown I'll admit, but I simply can't see how it can be argued that Ayers hit Manning in the knee. It's quads and hips.

It can be argued simply by looking at where the shoulder pad is located.

I'll wager my experience with biomechanics extends further than yours Deus. Whilst not an expert, I've been involved in elite sports for over 20 years, was formerly a professional sportsman and was subjected to rigorous biomechanical and physiological testing. I am not arguing your point with you; I am flat out discrediting your opinion on the matter. Ayers, including his shoulder pad, hit Manning in the thigh. If you want to complain about anything, complain about his arms sliding down during the tackle.

Now that I am done, the ignore list has been reactivated.

Yeah, the rule must be lying. I said that the call could have gone either way. A former official who was a guest on one of the talk shows today said the same thing, long before I'd posted about it.

Another one for the ignore list.

"Flagrant" is probably the call of the official on the play. It did not seem like he lunged at him. It was more or a wrap from what I remember albeit it was low. Officials did not see it as flagrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST