PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Denver is ready to make a serious run

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Denver Broncos | Season Schedule

Their toughest games were all within the first 6 weeks (Steelers, Falcons, Texans, Patriots).

There rest of the schedule is easy and very winnable for them (Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, Saints, Injured Ravens).

Plus Peyton Manning is getting his confidence back and is still an elite QB. Every week his controls and chemistry with that Denver offense looks stronger.

These Broncos are going to be a real contender in the playoffs.

9-7 and fights for the West with SD....nothing more

manning doesn't get the same protection he had in indy

and their defense is very suspect

and their defense is very suspect

How can you say that when they seem to shut everyone in the 4th quater and give the ball back to manning to win the games.

I do not think there defense is so bad if they can shut teams in the fourth quaters consistently.

I rather had a defense can do that , then one that holds the offense in check for 3 quaters and let them loss in the 4th quater.

Denver Broncos | Season Schedule

Their toughest games were all within the first 6 weeks (Steelers, Falcons, Texans, Patriots).

There rest of the schedule is easy and very winnable for them (Browns, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, Panthers, Bucs, Saints, Injured Ravens).

Plus Peyton Manning is getting his confidence back and is still an elite QB. Every week his controls and chemistry with that Denver offense looks stronger.

These Broncos are going to be a real contender in the playoffs.

The Browns are no longer a pushover, the Chargers could win if Rivers doesn't choke, the Saints could be trying to play spoiler by that point and have the offense to score on Denver, and the Ravens game could go either way. The Raiders, Chiefs, Bucs, and Panthers games look like gimmes.

Denver will only get better as the year goes on.

Other than @Carolina and @Oakland he's going to be playing outside for the first time in his career on a weekly basis in November and December. Throw in a little less arm strength and we'll see how he does with the elements. I hope Denver has the anti-global-warming winter. He will luck out this Sunday in Cincinnati where it's projected to hit the low 70's with winds topping out at 10MPH.

That win for them on MNF was huge. Everything came together for them in the 2nd half - defense, offense, special teams. They realized how good they can be, and they have very good talent on both sides of the ball.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them reel off 6-7 wins now. The way some of the other teams in the AFC are playing, I can definitely see them getting one of the top 2 seeds.

I can see them doing great until the snow comes and Manning will wonder why he didn't sign with a team that played in a dome.

That win for them on MNF was huge. Everything came together for them in the 2nd half - defense, offense, special teams. They realized how good they can be, and they have very good talent on both sides of the ball.

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see them reel off 6-7 wins now. The way some of the other teams in the AFC are playing, I can definitely see them getting one of the top 2 seeds.

yes it was a big game, had they lost the game they would be 2-4 and 2.5 games out of first place with 10 to play, and perhaps as no WC is coming out of the AFC west, they would of had a big hill to climb . . .now at 3-3 they have controll of thier own destiny and we will see if they can come through . .. it should be interesting .

I can see them doing great until the snow comes and Manning will wonder why he didn't sign with a team that played in a dome.

With the exception of Arizona, I don't think that was an option for him.

I won't be shocked if Peyton wins his 5th MVP this year... and promptly loses in the second round of the playoffs.

The Bengals, Ravens, and Chargers are good teams. I think the Broncos could lose two of those three rather easily. There are several other teams they can lose to. I still think they could be 9-7 when all is said and done.

I wouldn't mark down the Chiefs as a win for Denver just yet, Manning doesn't play well against Crennel defenses, even the past few years that Manning has won he hasn't played well. The last 4 times Manning has faced Crennel that he hasn't thrown a touchdown.

I wish we still had Crennel as our DC...

I agree that Manning is back , almost, but it will be next year before you see the BRoncos do anything of note

yes it was a big game, had they lost the game they would be 2-4 and 2.5 games out of first place with 10 to play, and perhaps as no WC is coming out of the AFC west, they would of had a big hill to climb . . .now at 3-3 they have controll of thier own destiny and we will see if they can come through . .. it should be interesting .

Yup, big game on national television so all the fantasy fans witnessed it although they apparently missed the critical part Rivers played in Manning's return to greatness. Most of them had written Manning off out of the gate and had Rivers not turtled as he is so increasingly prone to they'd be writing Manning and Denver off today and mocking Bronco fans for taking the QB cheese again...

KC is a hot mess, the Bolts are the talented frauds they've been for as long as AJ's been managing them, Carson Palmer is who I said he is. Denver should win the division by default. Won't mean a thing. Kinda like those times when the JETS or Dolfins make the playoffs by default.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mark down the Chiefs as a win for Denver just yet, Manning doesn't play well against Crennel defenses, even the past few years that Manning has won he hasn't played well. The last 4 times Manning has faced Crennel that he hasn't thrown a touchdown.

But unless Crennel's defense was playing behind Brady...Manning's team did manage to, you know, win. RAC and Pioli are fighting for their NFL lives in KC in 2012 and it's not looking good.

I agree that Manning is back , almost, but it will be next year before you see the BRoncos do anything of note

It will be hard to get over the hump in round 2 when you're his age and only have a couple of shots left. It took him 9 years to get over the hump the first time. He'll probably lose a couple of his veteran binky's after this season and the hard part will be adding much needed weapons to his arsenal. Takes time for him to assimilate them, similar in a way to here. I was surprised they didn't make more of an effort to back fill the offense with his guys this year, but I think his own timing probably cost them some opportunities to.

Do you guys want me to bump this on January?

A lot of you will look like hypocrites when the inevitable doom and gloom threads about the Broncos start piling in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST