PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard hearing today

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is that Dennard's attorney negotiated a deal for him not to miss any time in the season.

The good news is that if he does, Arrington has been playing very well thus far this season and could hold his own with Dennard gone for a few games.

You mean in that Slot and not outside?

Judge DENIED motion for a continuance on sentencing, per various tweets.

Reiss re-tweet:

State objects to continuance; Judge Stacy denies #Dennard's motion to continue sentencing on probation violation.

uh-oh

Judge extends #Dennard's probation a year, adds 100 hours of community service, adds no-alcohol condition. #Patriots #Huskers

https://twitter.com/LJSpilger/status/408687034912354304

I can't believe anyone actually thought that Dennard would get immediate jail time. I think think this is a harsher sentence than I expected. I figured he would gotten a no alcohol sentence and either an extended probation or more community service, but not both. This judge must be a hanging judge.

Even though he isn't serving jail time atm, this is still ****. He's in jail for 2 months and he still has another case tomorrow.

does this mean things are settled with dennard?

or does he have any other hearings scheduled?

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Even though he isn't serving jail time atm, this is still ****. He's in jail for 2 months and he still has another case tomorrow.

A first offense DUI? I looked it up. Kansas has a 48 hour jail time or 100 hours of community service standard for a first offense along with a fine and a license revocation.

In theory he could get up to six months, but without any hard evidence of him being drunk and no damage to person or property I don't see him getting worse than the standard sentence.

If I was him i'd see if I could report to jail end of Feb/early March. That way with good behavior he's out early April and is there for the start of the off-season program.

But even if he doesn't report until March 31st, if he doesn't have any problems in there he'd be out in time for the start of OTAs

I'm wondering if he'll also face some type of discipline from the team/league.

Just updated: Will start March 1st not 31st.

Now the question is what will Goodell do.

I think the team know he's been screwed, for some reason Nebraska hates him.

Well seeing is how his probation is from a case that happened before he was in the NFL and it was a DUI that caused the violation, I'd say no.

But Lord and Ruler goodell does whatever he wants.

But I recall braylon edwards who was on probation in cleveland for aggravated disorderly conduct getting a dui in new york and then pleading guilty and only being fined $50k by the league 2 years ago when he was with the 49ers but never was suspended.

Now the question is what will Goodell do.

He should do nothing. goodell already set an example with braylon edwards. The fact that Dennard just got more time in jail should have no effect as the jail time was for a case that happened before he was in the NFL.

Will he do nothing? Who knows he does whatever he wants it seems.

I think the team know he's been screwed, for some reason Nebraska hates him.

I'm sure they've talked to him; while the transgressions are minor and the repercussions severe he needs to grow up, accept responsibility, and make better decisions.

He should do nothing. goodell already set an example with braylon edwards. The fact that Dennard just got more time in jail should have no effect as the jail time was for a case that happened before he was in the NFL.

Will he do nothing? Who knows he does whatever he wants it seems.

This is for the probation violation, so it will be very intesting to see what he does. I have a feeling he will get suspended. The commish will look at this as 2 different situations. I hope I am wrong.

Is it wrong that when I read this I thought "thank god it looks like we will have him for the rest of the season/playoffs"?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes