Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
If the league mandates 12.5 to 13.5 at measurement then the pats complied with that. If colder air lowered pressure then that's on the league.

Either tell the refs to re inflate in cold temp games or perhaps the 12.5 already takes into account that balls lose a little pressure in cold air and that's ok. Either way the pats did absolutely nothing wrong if it's only slightly lower due to temps.

Here's a question. Do they measure pressure of the balls in other cold air games? How do we know all those balls are equally soft? Maybe that's why the refs didnt notice it. It's not unusual.

There's no standard to measure against. Indy is a dome team. Of course it seems soft to them, they don't play in the cold.

The steelers might have played with lower inflated balls all December in their home games then that ball. It's just that the refs weren't told to check it.

Sour grape whiners, to me they're making themselves look like petty fools and I find it amusing, you can tell the character of people when something like this happens by their reaction, if they want to make public spectacles of themselves and reveal to the world they're whiny crybaby brats, have at it.

I'm in Chicago this week & someone asked me my opinion on this & I told him "of course we cheated, we're the Patriots and no one can do anything about it!"

The guy looked at me & started laughing. He got my point and said he thinks it's a joke too.

Honestly, to all the haters, "FU!! Sit on it til it hurts!".

how accurate is the gauge?
when was it last calibrated?
who signed off on the calibration

The NFL if they're competent has to look at these kinds of things if they're not too busy laughing over the ludicrousness of the ***** loser Colts assertions

+ edit: use of word associated with kittens deleted. Patsfans hates kittens!!!

No, you're right...they are all a bunch of slimy kittens!

Mort:
Chris Mortensen✔ @mortreport
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

:confused:

Mort:
NFL has found that 11 of the Patriots footballs used in Sunday’s AFC title game were under-inflated by 2 lbs each, per league sources.

Oy. I guess this isn't going away...

Mort:

Question: how does that compare to footballs at the end of a game played in a similar temperature?

Without that baseline of comparison, this information is useless.

how accurate is the gauge?
when was it last calibrated?
who signed off on the calibration

The NFL if they're competent has to look at these kinds of things if they're not too busy laughing over the ludicrousness of the ***** loser Colts assertions

+ edit: use of word associated with kittens deleted. Patsfans hates kittens!!!
No, Im just saying that would give you an idea if the cold would cause the ball to deflate, seems that was what the discussion was about.

I think it's ridiculous, but if Belichick is found to be responsible he deserves to lose a 1st round pick for being so dumb.

Period. There was no reason to pull out this tactic vs. the Colts when pretty much everyone knew coming in that we were going to blow them out.

Dumb.

Question: how does that compare to footballs at the end of a game played in a similar temperature?

They should have grabbed some from the Colts, for comparison. I've not seen any reports on whether they did that, or not.

This, of course balls being pounded and spiked for the duration of a game are going to be under inflated. They need the measurements of the balls just before the opening kickoff to compare them too.

Without that (not saying they DIDN'T do that) this investigation is incomplete.

This is not going to end well..:mad:

It also makes NO sense to self deflate all but one ball you're going to use. Why make it so painfully obvious?

Exactly. As calculations in this very thread have indicated, going from 72F to 50F would drop the pressure of a ball at a gauge pressure of 12.5 PSI by about 1.5 PSI.

Fair enough.

I'm inclined to believe it is about scoring touchdowns and celebrating touchdowns, but I can certainly see your point.

However, I will say that in my opinion Florio took a giant leap in regards to the same quote and his headline and blog entry. To me PFT intentionally misled readers, in the name of more page views. Not that their doing so should be the least bit surprising.

You're inclined to believe one way. He's inclined to believe the other. Again, that's the point. It's misleading for either side to claim they've got the definitive answer there.

Dont the official check all the balls before the start of the game themselves?

So much for watching the draft... eh, we usually trade down anyway....

Well there goes my theory.. hopefully this is inline with the weather change calculations otherwise we are ****ed. The draft pick is not what concerns me. The concern is public perception, the NFL will not allow a team that everyone thinks "cheated" to win the super bowl. Expect a ton of one sided calls in the Super Bowl. Our chances of winning this are very slim now, it is not going to be a level playing field.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back