Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Bob Kravitz is backtracking a little bit on twitter while remaining defiant with the Patriots are cheaters angle (and linking to the now infamous SI article).

P.S. I can investigate whether Tom Brady is a Martian, doesn't make it true and you shouldn't skewer someone based on an investigation.

What does this even mean?

So he "reported an investigation" that may go "nowhere" big effing deal.

Backtrack all he wants, but this tool should not, however, be let off the hook for ignitng this miasma of sensationalism.

Bob Kravitz is backtracking a little bit on twitter while remaining defiant with the Patriots are cheaters angle (and linking to the now infamous SI article).

P.S. I can investigate whether Tom Brady is a Martian, doesn't make it true and you shouldn't skewer someone based on an investigation.
It seems he is changing his story from the Patriots are being investigated for cheating to the league is investigating the football. Irsay must have gotten embarassed and ordered him to change the story.

Is it true that Kravitz beat his mistress?

I love it.........the more these haters get pissed the better.......

I love these pundits who say "Multiple time cheater". Aside from Cameragate, name me one other instance of proven "cheating" that the Patriots have been punished for. Everything other than that has been baseless and unproven speculation.
Spygate was not cheating. It was breaking a rule of where the completely legal action they were doing was supposed to be done from due to misunderstanding the application of the rule.

If we actually get in trouble over this while Green Bay can admit on national TV and have it joked about gets nothing, I'm done with NFL. **** this joke of a story. Anyone who thinks this can change the outcome is ******ed and deserves to be steralized and flogged.

All Green Bay "admitted" to was that they submit overpressure balls to the refs and essentially hope the refs miss them. That doesn't break any rules. The rule penalizes messing with the balls after they are submitted to the ref.

If NE submitted underpressure balls to the refs nothing is going to happen to NE, either.

If (which I very much doubt!) NE messed with the balls after submission, that is a clear violation of the rules and there should be some punishment. And it is completely different from what that GB game clip that's going around is talking about, so saying it's a double-standard that nothing happened to GB but something happened to NE wouldn't be valid.

Theory I have.

Colts cried, league is forced to investigate, Irsay leaks it to his media stooge creating this uproar.

League now has to handle this while public is watching, after having royally screwed up the Ray Rice situation. So to appear as though the investigation is thorough the weighing of a ball and talking to a handful of people is dragged out for 4 days.

League has already told Kraft that nothing is going to come of it, he agrees not to publicly castrate them, and now the league can act as though they are doing a thorough job and take this seriously.

Super Bowl gets hyped because of this controversy, League gets to show its "seriousness", Patriots don't get in trouble.

Everyone wins except us fans being miserable for a week.

Edit: this is also why Gronk has not taken down his twitter picture mocking the scenario, if this was an "ongoing" investigation and there was any chance we get burned, Belichick would have made Gronk take down the tweet as we have seen other tweets get taken down. Also why Brady burst out laughing. They know the results of the investigation already.
I'll buy it.

All Green Bay "admitted" to was that they submit overpressure balls to the refs and essentially hope the refs miss them. That doesn't break any rules. The rule penalizes messing with the balls after they are submitted to the ref.

If NE submitted underpressure balls to the refs nothing is going to happen to NE, either.

If (which I very much doubt!) NE messed with the balls after submission, that is a clear violation of the rules and there should be some punishment. And it is completely different from what that GB game clip that's going around is talking about, so saying it's a double-standard that nothing happened to GB but something happened to NE wouldn't be valid.
I want GB investigated for "inflategate"

Well, the Vikings we're warming up balls during a game which is on tape. This of course is a clear violation of the rules. Who knows what it did to the pressure of the balls. Apparently no one checked those balls.

This is very much an apples-to-apples comparison.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-v...of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

Look everyone, another whiner here: http://nesn.com/2015/01/michael-wil...ose-super-bowl-spot-if-guilty-in-deflategate/

“The Patriots franchise is on probation as far as I’m concerned, from Spygate,” Wilbon said on Monday’s show, according to Boston.com. “If you’re a cheater, and you’re a multiple time cheater, I would say to the New England Patriots, ‘You know what we’re going to do? If this is found to be true, like today, tomorrow, the next 72 hours, the next three days, you know what? You’re forfeiting your spot in the Super Bowl. We’re vacating it. Get out! You’re a cheater, you’re a lying franchise.'”

What a fool.

Won't be watching PTI anymore. What a f*cking idiot. Seriously, how can people be so STUPID? Labeling them as certified former cheaters is the most cringeworthy, ignorant thing to begin with.

And no, it's not that I'm just biased and want to dismiss this cause I'm a Patriots fan. For example, I think it's stupid and annoying when people joke about the Seahawks on steroids and adderall. I thought the Saints' Bountygate was overblown and exaggerated. I scoff at the fact people think Goodell favors the Jets cause he used to have some petty job with them.

I'd just be embarrassed to start throwing around whiny, CHILDISH excuses like that. It's nothing more than childish ********.

Spygate was not cheating. It was breaking a rule of where the completely legal action they were doing was supposed to be done from due to misunderstanding the application of the rule.
The problem is that your interpretation of the exact set of circumstances surrounding spygate is too complex for the media to articulate to their audience. They are better served to spoon feed the notion of shouting at the rain instead.

Idiots...

Theory I have.

Colts cried, league is forced to investigate, Irsay leaks it to his media stooge creating this uproar.
Check

League now has to handle this while public is watching, after having royally screwed up the Ray Rice situation. So to appear as though the investigation is thorough the weighing of a ball and talking to a handful of people is dragged out for 4 days.
check

League has already told Kraft that nothing is going to come of it, he agrees not to publicly castrate them, and now the league can act as though they are doing a thorough job and take this seriously.
Reasonable

Super Bowl gets hyped because of this controversy, League gets to show its "seriousness", Patriots don't get in trouble.

Everyone wins except us fans being miserable for a week.
check

[Edit: this is also why Gronk has not taken down his twitter picture mocking the scenario, if this was an "ongoing" investigation and there was any chance we get burned, Belichick would have made Gronk take down the tweet as we have seen other tweets get taken down. Also why Brady burst out laughing. They know the results of the investigation already.
I think you are probably spot on.

The problem is that your interpretation of the exact set of circumstances surrounding spygate is too complex for the media to articulate to their audience. They are better served to spoon feed the notion of shouting at the rain instead.

Idiots...
Does not change the fact that it was not cheating and no self-respecting Patriot fan should make a comment such as 'everyone believes it because we already got caught cheating once'

I'll buy it.

Let's hope I'm right, it still sucks that Mr. Kraft is leaving us fans out to dry for the good of the "shield".

It hopefully works out in the teams favor, where it pisses them off but it isnt a serious enough allegation to stress them out like the BS Ram's walkthrough taping lie.

I despise the NFL, the Pats are the only reason I still watch this WWE circus.

Theory I have.
I'm not too confident in your theory. If there was nothing to see then this :

“We’re hoping to wrap that up in the next two or three days,” Vincent said. “The team is in place in New England now interviewing staff members.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vestigation-to-be-concluded-in-next-2-3-days/

probably wouldn't be happening. I think it's safe to say, unfortunately, that the ball they took was below the required level. Otherwise I'm not sure why they'd be in NE talking to staff members. I'm not trying to be a downer, it's just how my logic sees it. I get all the "physics" arguments, again, them being in NE leaves me lacking in confidence over this.

I'm not too confident in your theory. If there was nothing to see then this :

“We’re hoping to wrap that up in the next two or three days,” Vincent said. “The team is in place in New England now interviewing staff members.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...vestigation-to-be-concluded-in-next-2-3-days/

Probably wouldn't be happening. I think it's safe to say, unfortunately, that the ball they took was below the required level. Otherwise I'm not sure why they'd be in NE talking to staff members. I'm not trying to be a downer, it's just how my logic sees it.

Well to appear as though you're seriously investiagting something you need to actually send people to investigate. The ball probably was below official requirements due to them inflating to the minimum in a hot room and then letting the ball naturally deflate due to weather, simple gamesmanship and physics. Not against the rules in any fashion.

Imagine if the NFL clears this in 3 days, and a "source" leaks that no one even interviewed anyone in New England about this? The uproar would be thunderous.

Does not change the fact that it was not cheating and no self-respecting Patriot fan should make a comment such as 'everyone believes it because we already got caught cheating once'
Agree 100%.

I disagree that Kraft is leaving the fans out to dry.

No one is asking the fans to defend the Patriots against what is, at this point, a media fabricated scandal. The only stress right now is created by folks who go on NFL messageboards and get wigged out when trolls from other fan bases trot out things like "Spygate" just for the reaction.

The NFL is looking into the whole thing, and while that process is ongoing there's no reason for Kraft to acknowledge anything about it. He's not going to issue a public statement just so the fans don't have to be insecure about "allegations". The players aren't wringing their hands about it, and neither should the fans. If you can't ignore the trolls and media pundits looking to fill a two week space with Super Bowl coverage, that's not Kraft's problem.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back