Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Semi-serious question:

Will the Aaron Rodgers point get national discussion?

there will be discussion how the aaron rodgers situation is different than this one. haha what a joke this whole thing is

The rodgers bit will only fuel the media to infer that the pats also did it. they will ignore the rodgers part.

That's nice, but it's also not exactly apples to apples. There's a (IMHO) a big difference between submitting some overinflated balls to the refs and hoping they miss them when they do the pre-game testing (which that clip would appear to refer to) and screwing with the balls after they've been submitted to the refs (which is what NE has been accused of doing).

(And I say that's what they've been accused of doing because it's only screwing with the balls after submitting them that's subject to a penalty, so there's not any point to investigating NE for submitting underinflated balls to the refs -- it's the refs' job to inflate to spec any submitted underinflated balls during pre-game prep.)

I disgree here.
The league is RESPONDING TO A COMPLAINT by Irsay. So they are required to investigate.
No one with credibility and knowledge of the investigation has stated that it has reached the point where the NFL suspects the Patriots of taking air out of the ball.
What has been stated is that they are investigating the entire process from whether the referees handled the balls properly pre-game up through whether the ball was not regulation and how that occurred.
People are jumping to conclusions that it is an investigation of whether the Patriots cheated, because that is the viable news story.
To say that the NFL is investigating if the referees did not properly check the air pressure in the balls before the game which clearly is the first point of the investigation, doesn't earn clicks.
The fringe media and the Patriot haters have escalated this to already concluding facts that are not confirmed, including:
-The refs properly handled the balls, pregame. (The NFL is on record saying they are checking into that)
-The ball actually was deflated below the allowable limit
-The weather was not the cause
-The Patriots had an employee who had access to removing air from the ball without scrutiny
Let's not help the haters, and believe the conclusions they are jumping to.

the investigation is ongoing...

im_just_looking_around__-funny_animation_gif_5761386435.gif

the conclusion will be that there was no evidence of wrongdoing and any problems with the balls will be deemed unintentional

-The weather was not the cause

And that Boston Herald article is a useless piece of crap, because it says absolutely nothing that can be used to verify what he says. Moreover, what little he does say makes absolutely no sense. (Removing two-thirds of the air from the football? Seriously?).

I'm hearing that the interception Brady threw is what "sparked NFL inquiry into whether Patriots deflated balls"

But I can't find the source. Anybody hear anything about this?

And that Boston Herald article is a useless piece of crap, because it says absolutely nothing that can be used to verify what he says. Moreover, what little he does say makes absolutely no sense. (Removing two-thirds of the air from the football? Seriously?).
Wait, what article are you referring to? Can you link it?

Guys and Gals

Most all fans in Football HATE US.

I used the hate the Cowboys and 49ers way back when they won ALL THE TIME.

We are the gorgeous rich girl with the great body who also gets straight A's

OF COURSE she is sleeping with the teachers, OF COURSE her father made his money illegally, OF COURSE she had a ton of plastic surgery to look so good.

NO ONE will like that girl until she is broke, old, beat up looking, and basically broken.

AND EVEN THEN at best some may have pity on her, but at best some will be indifferent, and many will feel rightfully triumphant.

So be it. It comes with the territory.

Last edited:
Unlock my phone, go into Flipboard to get my news, and under the "Sports" heading, the very first story from Al Jazeera is about DeflateGate.

On a different note, I did see Andy Dalton is replacing Aaron Rodgers in the Pro Bowl. Is anyone going to watch that silly game?

What I'm having a hard time understanding is why this is a story? It's fine though last time some BS story blew up the Pats went undefeated for 18 games this time they only need to win one let it be an FU game of epic proportions

Yeah it was fine until being threatened with a potential Congressional investigation, for an ultimately disproven charge. That may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back for the Pats quest to make NFL history.

This year, if the NFL delays on ruling on this, it's like Pats get to play the game with 5 pound weights attached to their feet, but with a promise from the league that they will let the Pats know, some time in the future, if it was actually necessary for them to do so.

Yeah it was fine until being threatened with a potential Congressional investigation, for an ultimately disproven charge. That may have just been the straw that broke the camel's back for the Pats quest to make NFL history.

This year, if the NFL delays on ruling on this, it's like Pats get to play the game with 5 pound weights attached to their feet, but with a promise from the league that they will let the Pats know, some time in the future, if it was actually necessary for them to do so.

GRONK, Edelman, and Brady don't seem fazed by this one bit.

We have some of the most sensitive fans in professional sports.

Our fan base wins this by a LANDSLIDE.

I think it's rooted in losing for so long. Once we started to win (especially the first one) it was almost so unbelievable, that our base became insecure about it and felt compelled to defend it as being "legit". I don't think that feeling ever really went away. Then "Spygate" hit and forget it. People lost their minds.

Our golden era will forever have cloud of suspicion over it to any non Patriots fans. People should learn to embrace it. Other fans (also insecure) will use the *cheating excuse to make themselves feel better. Who cares.

In 20 years BB wont be remembered as a Cheater. He will be remembered as one of the greatest coaches of all time. And feelings in the media about the Brady Era wont be remembered with a "cloud of suspicion" but a "mystique". Our place in sports history is secured. Id urge our fans to stop worrying about defending it, and enjoy the end of the ride. It's not going to last forever. Stop letting people ruin it for you.

GRONK, Edelman, and Brady don't seem fazed by this one bit.
I think the fans have the 5 pound weights.

The players, likely, have a "Deflate This MFer" attitude based on the quotes from Bruschi earlier.

This was in Curran's article:

It’s not a question of how the officials -- with one ref on hand solely to keep track of the footballs -- could have allowed a not-suitable-for-play football into the game. It’s not even a question of how many balls -- if any -- were actually under-inflated.

Does anyone know the details of this? Is there actually an NFL official there with the sole responsibility of watching the footballs?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back