Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
If we get docked a pick or worse i will be livid.
All quiet on the tampergate front where we have visual and audio evidence.
And has the ability to impact us for years.

From rulebook, deflated ball fine 25k to the team.

That it.....

Goodell is the rule book I have a bad feeling he will nail us to the wall somehow.
Its bad enough almost everybody here in Philly immediately says cheaters when Patriots are brought up its gut wrenching.

That it.....

Pretty sure the ball rule actually says "not limited to" with respect to its statements of both discipline and fines, so no, $25K fine is not the max possible penalty.

Yup. I have an old football that I leave outside literally all year. When I'm out in the yard once in a while I'll just pick it up and toss it across the yard; an Uncle Rico thing, you know? ;) Anyway, I have NEVER put a pump to that ball since I bought it. But its internal air pressure varies immensely according to the weather. On a warm day that thing is bulging, tight. In the colder weather just a little grip is enough to get an indent.

That may be true but I am sending over my security team to confiscate it and check it. In all likelihood the Patriots would have lost by 3 touchdowns had it been properly inflated.

My concern is how can they prove the Colts didnt alter the ball.

Without video evidence there should be no punishment.

Only 1300+ posts and 76,000+ veiws in 44 hours? I guess this topic doesn't mean that much to you people.;)

The members of this message board take their balls very seriously.
There is a chain of custody aspect to this. So the Colts keep the ball. Who knows what they did to the ball in their custody.

Correct. The chan of custody begins with the referee who spotted the ball, then Ryan Wendell who snapped it, then Brady who threw the pass, then the Colts. I think Wendell did it. He's always looked a little shifty to me.

500x305-wendell-press-20130116.jpg

BB realized we would kill the colts...so he tried to provide us a disadvantage and make ours flat...alas it was nowhere nearly enough to even the playing field

Actually the stadium renovations are scheduled for this off season, so the field tilting mechanism won't be ready until next season.

Guilty Guilty Guilty off with his head.

Besides interviewing the ball boy or equipment people on the pats, how can you even prove that the pats did this? It could easily be the cold weather.

You know some fans have lost it when they are here doing their chemistry homework to make themselves feel better.

Get over it and start talking about the Super Bowl and not a ******** excuse by a team we just manhandled. Geez.

OK, how do you think Belichick is going to cheat Seattle out of the Lombardi?

That it.....
Yet on the crawl on the bottom of the television screen, espn is claiming that the Patriots could lose multiple draft picks if the NFL decides they did something wrong.

Based on past history you know the world wide leader is frothing at the mouth and plans to make this into something bigger than it is.

Actually the stadium renovations are scheduled for this off season, so the field tilting mechanism won't be ready until next season.

Do you knows if the the pats will launch the secret satellite as planned?

My concern is how can they prove the Colts didnt alter the ball.

Without video evidence there should be no punishment.
What I fear the most is the scenario where the league finds no evidence that the Patriots altered any balls and the Patriots in actuality did not commit any wrongdoing. In this scenario, the league comes out and announces they could not find any evidence of foul play on the Patriots part. This will not alleviate the perception from the media and other fans that they still committed the act, but they just weren't nailed for it. As a result, the Patriots will again be seen as Goodell's "favored" franchise. It will be the same situation as the allegations of taping the Ram's walkthrough almost a decade earlier. While there is no proof that ever happened, it has entered our popular culture as a "fact." This would be extremely unfair to the team, players, fans and ownership.

Scouring Twitter, FB and some message boards and the consensus seems to be more along the lines of "laughable."

Tons of memes and things of that nature out there. A small minority might actually believe the Pats cheated to gain an advantage, but most of it is humor and/or poking fun at the Patriots in a non-serious matter.

so true

Attachments

• M.jpg
    M.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 11
I don't want to reread all the previous posts, but I have a quick question. If Jackson from the Colts did notice something, who is to say he or another Colt did not do something to the ball?

If the media is going to go conspiracy theorist on everything, wouldn't the Colts need am extra edge? Wouldn't the deflated ball be easier to intercept?

I believe none of what I just wrote, but I was just curious if it was brought up earlier in the thread.

Pretty sure the ball rule actually says "not limited to" with respect to its statements of both discipline and fines, so no, $25K fine is not the max possible penalty.
That is correct Captain Avatar. There are no limits or guidelines that Goodell follows. He can meter out one punishment, change his mind later and issue another.

There is no "max possible penalty" in The Emporers world.

Yet on the crawl on the bottom of the television screen, espn is claiming that the Patriots could lose multiple draft picks if the NFL decides they did something wrong.

Based on past history you know the world wide leader is frothing at the mouth and plans to make this into something bigger than it is.

Leave ESPN alone. You will feel better.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back