Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Two interesting threads to add to this deep pool of useful information. ;)

I think that the first like (NFL) has a separate thread by itself, but worth another read for the guys here because convinced me that there is some kind of conspiracy going on to smear the Pats and not make them win the SB.

It is too late to make the haters see sense, but I hope the Pats win this SB AND a few more just to rub salt on every moronic hater, moronic ex-QBs, and moronic columnists.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ckson-i-didnt-know-football-had-less-pressure

And this by boston.com's Wilbur Smith to put things in a perspective:

http://www.boston.com/sports/column...ity_has_reached_its_fever_pitch.html#comments

I still think the NFL has to prove that Walt actually measured the PSI and weighed each ball (24 of them) before the start of the game, I still believe if there is no documentation there is a problem in proving anything. Im sure the NFL is trying to figure out if it was a real measurement or a squeeze of the football, Im sure they know already.

I still think the NFL has to prove that Walt actually measured the PSI and weighed each ball (24 of them) before the start of the game, I still believe if there is no documentation there is a problem in proving anything. Im sure the NFL is trying to figure out if it was a real measurement or a squeeze of the football, Im sure they know already.
My belief is that this is the biggest part of the problem - the refs never did what they were supposed to do and the NFL doesn't want to admit it. I highly doubt they put a gauge in ALL 24 balls!

I have a slightly different view.

If they had deflated the balls, or if they had pumped them to 12.5 with hot air, knowing they'd likely drop below outside later on and that was it, then I would not care. It's such a minuscule thing. However.... If after explicitly denying that they knew anything about balls being deflated, it is found that Tom (especially) and Bill had any involvement or knowledge of a practice by which the inflation of the balls would intentionally drop below regulation during the game, then I will seriously question my status as a fan for either of these guys. Doing it is one thing, lying about it is another. Lying about it makes the infraction legitimate, because to them it was worth the lie. (This is coming from a guy who named his son Brady)

Now with that said, I can't fathom why either of these guys would jump out ahead of ANY info from the NFL and flat out deny any knowledge or wrong doing if they are in any way guilty. It makes no logical sense. So either, "gee, maybe they didn't do anything" or "my god they are setting up an underling to take the fall". The latter would be insanely stupid on their part and an obvious charade. However, the truth is not something journalists (or those that pose as journalists) strive for. They are in search of stories and ad revenue from clicks. So conspiracy sells for now. Nauseating....

My belief is that this is the biggest part of the problem - the refs never did what they were supposed to do and the NFL doesn't want to admit it. I highly doubt they put a gauge in ALL 24 balls!

If the refs didn't gauge them before the game, how would we ever find out? Would Goodell throw them under the bus? Wouldn't we know by now.

I have a slightly different view.

If they had deflated the balls, or if they had pumped them to 12.5 with hot air, knowing they'd likely drop below outside later on and that was it, then I would not care. .

I agree completely. There's only one thing the Patriots could do in this situation to piss me off - lie about it. I couldn't have given two ****s about them deflating balls, if that was true. Lying about it though would radically change the way I view these guys. I tend to think they are too smart to risk lying.

I think behind the scenes that is the Pats contention. You have the Colts, you have the officials, you have the ballboys...too many chefs in the kitchen and nothing is documented to say this person did X at Y time.

Because the Pats are supremely confident that there is enough FUD, they came out yesterday and said that they have no idea what happened.

If the refs didn't gauge them before the game, how would we ever find out? Would Goodell throw them under the bus? Wouldn't we know by now.
I would be shocked if Goodell threw them under the bus, so my guess is we'd never find out! As Peter King stated, the balls were tested before the game and found to be in the acceptable PSI range, but King

I would be shocked if Goodell threw them under the bus, so my guess is we'd never find out!
It’s really interesting that Peter King’s comments state that “All 24 footballs were checked by pressure gauge at halftime”, but he goes on to say that “the 12 footballs used in the first half for New England, and the 12 footballs used by the Colts, all left the officials’ locker room before the game at the prescribed pressure level of between 12.5 pounds per square inch and 13.5 PSI. NO MENTION OF GAUGED BEING USED TO CHECK THE FOOTBALLS BEFORE THE GAME!!!!!

But none of Tom Brady as of yesterday?

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 25s26 seconds ago
NFL says evidence supports conclusion that the balls were underinflated in the first half but properly inflated in the second half.
VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back