Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
The problem is the NFL is not going to blame its refs or itself for this. They will pin it on the Pats because that's the easy thing to do.

That's the big question.

After the Ray Rice debacle......do you go after the league.

Yes the NFL will hand the trophy to the hawks and ruin there most beloved event of the year. Makes total sense.

The brand and its crown jewel "The game in February" are bigger than any coach or team.

The Pats scandal is on every news outlet across the country. No way they want Belichick on TV next Sunday.

I'd like to think that, but with Glazer's report that the NFL set up an ambush, I bet this time they actually really did test the balls. Besides, intentionally submitting underinflated balls will only work some of the time.

I'm going to put my dollar down on inflating with hot air. That sounds like such a BB thing to do. Hell, I can imagine Ernie Adams had a chart made up that says what temperature air to use given the air temperature on the field.

Here's news for you: Air coming out of a compressor is ALWAYS hot. Entirely depends on the level of compression. It is the first law of thermodynamics- dQ = dU + dW. When the heat added (dQ) is 0, any amount of work (dW) done by the compressor will manifest itself as a change in internal energy (dU), otherwise known as temperature.

Now we are getting into thermodynamics when talking about stupid footballs. The simple explanation is there is no "proper" way to inflate a football in the first place. If the NFL is going to enforce this then every team will need a certified lab in their locker room.

`
This is type of idiocy that one believes when one wants to believe idiocy.

"According to the league".......

Burying your head in the sand will not make it go away.

Youre certainly entitled to live in denial if that's what you want.

The Colts were butt hurt from the beat down they took in Indy, where supposedly they first noticed the "light balls." Karma is a ***** Irsay...better be careful what you snort...
cociane 1.jpg

this thing has been shredded so many ways that it is hard to recognize.......every pats hater has fully contradicted themselves or has simply made ridiculous unsubstantiated claims.

the truth is that most of the media detests BB and the way he handles them. they are trying to hang this on his neck even though it is likely he had nothing to do with anything as it is most likely between the QB and the equipment guy. The bottom line is that if the league decided this is punishable, Brady should step up and take responsibility and pay the $25K fine and everyone can be done with it. Of course, the hating media will scream bloody murder because they want BB's head on a stick, but tough sh*t.......this is what we are really talking about.

fact is even if it is punishable, $25k is the relative importance, and a fiar number for someone who muchs with the ball and makes it out of spec.

the other answer would be to go back to the original recipe of either not letting the teams touch the ball at all, or put both teams in one room together and let them both come up with the balls for the game

I never said that I believe the refs are thorough.

The NFL is CENTRALLY at fault here for the insane policy of allowing the individual teams to have custody of their offensive balls DURING the game.

That's like parking your car in the Bronx and leaving the doors unlocked.

We already have stories from Rodgers, Eli manning, Rich Gannon, Boomer Esiason, Brad Johnson, etc. The whole thing is a joke. However, none of THEIR stories involve changing the ball during a game - - only BEFORE a game.

The in-game NFL custody policy MUST be changed before the Super bowl and for the rest of time thereafter.

I think we're talking past each other. What I'm specifically talking about is Rodgers saying the refs are not that thorough in their checks. Then there's the former ballboy who says that the refs perform a squeeze check.

If the Patriots gave under inflated balls and the refs performed a squeeze check, they are not going to find the devious deflater.

You are misinformed and delusional.

The Colts complained to the NFL back in November. If you seriously believe that nothing will become of this because there is not video proof then you must be the most naïve person Ive ever seen.

Get a clue?

Nothing will come of this because no rules were broken. But be my guest and overreact like all mediaheads until the nfl announcement.

It doesn't matter.

So now people are trying to claim that a multi billion dollar league set n up a trap to snare the patriots in a tampering charge but didn't bother to actually document the air pressure in the balls before the game? They document the cleaning times for bathrooms at Mobil station bathrooms by people making minimum wage but the NFL can't document air pressure by highly paid referees? If true then it's time for Kraft to file a lawsuit against the league and fight every one of their practices to the end.

Its one thing to simply claim the refs test air pressure and did so before this game but they can't prove it, it's another altogether to say the whole thing was a set up and they still didn't bother to document it to show proof. I'm calling bulldshit, either the reports are lies or the NFL is the single most incompetent enterprise on the planet.

Last edited:
Burying your head in the sand will not make it go away.

Youre certainly entitled to live in denial if that's what you want.

You have to be certain that this is true because there are elements that are contradictory. For instance, if the NFL knew about all this, and if the Ravens were in on it too, would the NFL let a matter of this much importance occur without:

1. Telling the Patriots
2. Keeping an eye on the balls.

I mean, why not keep an eye on the balls? Why measure them at halftime?

So now people are trying to claim that a multi billion dollar league set n up a trap to share the patriots in a tampering charge but didn't bother to actually document the air pressure in the balls before the game? They document the cleaning times for bathrooms at Mobil station bathrooms by people making minimum wage but the NFL can't document air pressure by highly paid referees? If true then it's time for Kraft to file a lawsuit against the league and fight every one of their practices to the end.

Its one thing to simply claim the refs test sir pressure and did so before this game but they can't prove it, it's another altogether to say the whole thing was a set up and they still didn't bother to document it to show proof. I'm calling bulldshit, either the reports are lies or the NFL is the single most incompetent enterprise on the planet.

I think you may have way too much faith in / respect for the NFL.

Fine, but the Colts had already brought it up to the NFL's attention two months previous. They were already obsessed with it.

So the league warned the Patriots that teams had concerns with their game balls? Because that's what any normal business would do if a concern was raised. If what people are saying is that this was all a set up when in fact they had already warned other teams about such practices then you have a situation of unfair business practice in which some franchises are warned and others set up.

It's not the "weight" of the ball, it's the feel. Makes it softer.
Yeah. I heard something about a 1.5% grip improvement. I don't fully understand WTF that means but it sounds like you'd need the fingers of a safecracker to notice a difference.

You have to be certain that this is true because there are elements that are contradictory. For instance, if the NFL knew about all this, and if the Ravens were in on it too, would the NFL let a matter of this much importance occur without:

1. Telling the Patriots

I mean, why not keep an eye on huge balls? Why measure them at halftime?

This is unconfirmed

Mort and ESPN reporting after Refs found 11/12 balls under inflated at halftime, they were re-inflated BUT Pats took them out of play and used 12 other balls they had on field, ANOTHER violation of rules as these 12 other balls were never inspected by officials.

1. Telling the Patriots

I mean, why not keep an eye on huge balls? Why measure them at halftime?

Yes and were they planning on secretly measuring the football every game until they found them to be out of spec to shout " we got'em this time!" ?

So now people are trying to claim that a multi billion dollar league set n up a trap to snare the patriots in a tampering charge but didn't bother to actually document the air pressure in the balls before the game? They document the cleaning times for bathrooms at Mobil station bathrooms by people making minimum wage but the NFL can't document air pressure by highly paid referees? If true then it's time for Kraft to file a lawsuit against the league and fight every one of their practices to the end.

Its one thing to simply claim the refs test air pressure and did so before this game but they can't prove it, it's another altogether to say the whole thing was a set up and they still didn't bother to document it to show proof. I'm calling bulldshit, either the reports are lies or the NFL is the single most incompetent enterprise on the planet.

Wait a minute. If this is a sting operation as you say, then why bother measuring the balls at all? Why not just keep an eye on them?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back