Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Disliking for my posts for no apparent reason whatsoever will get you ignored also. Two can play that can, and I can play it with the best of them if people want to act Silly. Not everyone is going to be a homer, and wave their blue and white Pom poms. I'm going to praise the Patriots when they do something right, and I'm going to disagree and call them out when they do something wrong. If some Patriots homers can't handle that, don't read my posts or put me on ignore. I really don't care. Believe me.

This is similar to a hockey player using a slightly longer or more curved stick. Minor issue. Where is your proof that they did something wrong? As soon as the officials noticed the balls needed replacement the team immediately replaced them and using the so called standard balls the Pats scored more pts and had more success.

There is zero proof thus far that the team did anything conniving yet you just found them guilty.

You young man have a lot to learn about the world.

This is similar to a hockey player using a slightly longer or more curved stick. Minor issue. Where is your proof that they did something wrong? As soon as the officials noticed the balls needed replacement the team immediately replaced them and using the so called standard balls the Pats scored more pts and had more success.

There is zero proof thus far that the team did anything conniving yet you just found them guilty.

You young man have a lot to learn about the world.

I never said they cheated, Instead I said if they cheated, they should be punished that's all. I also said that spygate and DeflateGate has tarnished our team and our legacy. Has it not ? . People in the media are calling the team I root for Cheaters and cheatriots and I'm supposed to be happy about it. Cmon.

@RUSSLANDE: Rumor from @seniorbowl (don't know if true), small group of team exec's saying Patriots will lose 2nd Rd Pick for "deflated ball scandal."

My guess for the PSIgate penalty.

1. Financial loss
2. Draft pick taken
3. Suspension

Knowing that Indy was basically setting the pats up for a fall, I wonder if they really pumped up there balls so much as to make sure they were over and if that ended up harming their team!

Second, if the ref re-filled the balls at halftime, how come nobody knew about it? BB said he knew nothing about under-inflated balls on Monday.

Did the refs not fill them up but just checked them?

Generally the balls don't go inside during half-time, but rather stay outside with the ball boys. Were did the refs check them? Outside and with what sort of a gauge? Remember, a gauge measures pressure by transferring air into the gauge, so each time you check, you loose pressure. Did they check the pressure 2-3 times outside during the game without re-filling? If so, I could see how this would impact this.

So many questions that need to be answered but won't be.

I think it's maybe because they are dead sure someone tampered, but they can't figure out how.

It's gotta be one of 3 things:

1. Weather
2. Refs' Laxity
3. Patriots Tampering

#3 seems the most likely BUT why in the world is this a mystery. If they tampered they should have it dead to rights.

Which brings us to #2. If the refs didn't even notice the deflated balls during the first half, how can we have any confidence in them at all?

The funny thing is that it could be #1 (as the BU professor explained). If the people saying the balls were 2 PSI under were using 13.5 as the baseline, the patriots balls could have been at 11.5 PSI. Many of us here read the original article that said the balls were at 11 PSI, which is only 1.5 under the threshold. If it was the weather, then this controversy will go on into perpetuity.

Yeah

This sums it up.

What will be interesting is if the league tries to institute a punishment without any "proof".

At that point, it's time to question the league's front office integrity into question.

One wonders the reaction in the other fan bases if the Patriots go after our wonderful Roger.

Either what you say is true or there's another possibility. They were never inflated.

Nope.

The balls were properly inflated pregame when given to the refs for inspection.

By the way, did the authorities raid any other locker rooms to test balls? If not, how do we know they complied with the standards?

Under-inflated, deflated, it's a word that makes no difference @shmessy. The intimation is exactly the same.

The TIMING is everything, though, Ausbacker. And that is what you are ignoring.

The balls were PROTOCOL pregame - - both the Colts and the Patriots balls.

The Colts balls were still protocol at halftime. 11 of 12 Patriots balls weren't.

I hope there is a good reason.

I never said they cheated, Instead I said if they cheated, they should be punished that's all. I also said that spygate and DeflateGate has tarnished our team and our legacy. Has it not ? . People in the media are calling the team I root for Cheaters and cheatriots and I'm supposed to be happy about it. Cmon.

Why do you care what other fans say?

Media? Really? Talk about true trolls.

My true concern is only that the league knew about it and told all 32 teams to cease messing with balls and NE ignored them. Then it's material. Not for "cheating" but for saying F U to the league. Otherwise not sure what the league can do or how they prove anything.

In the 2nd half NE used legit balls and scored most of their pts.

True Trolls. Who ?

Double TE, and several others, are trying to ignore the world outside their house and the small community on this board.

It's understandable, but unrealistic.

It's the equivalent of putting one's hands over their ears and yelling "lalalalala".

Believe me, I'm sympathetic to it. I can understand it from an emotional standpoint, hell I want to do it too, but it's not realistic.

Yeah

This sums it up.

What will be interesting is if the league tries to institute a punishment without any "proof".

At that point, it's time to question the league's front office integrity into question.

One wonders the reaction in the other fan bases if the Patriots go after our wonderful Roger.

The 11 NE Patriots underinflated balls are not proof?

12 NE Patriots balls were properly inflated before the game but somehow 11 were approximately underinflated by 2 psi after the game.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back