Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
With all the media explosion, it is in the best interest of the NFL that they finish the investigation and release the report as quickly as possible.

If as Curran think, Kraft fires Belichick over disinflated balls, then I will seriously have to rethink my options on Sunday afternoons.
If you are the Raiders owner and you just hired Jack Del Rio as the coach and suddenly Belichick is available. Would you fire Del Rio without him having coached a single game, eat his salary and hire Belichick? I would, in an instant.
I would root for the Raiders if this happened.

I'm not sure if you people in New England have any idea, but this is a HUGE story outside of New England. How it has managed to gain a life of its own like this is crazy.

I live in LA, and no less than 4 different people brought it up: a bank teller, grocery guy, boss, etc. And it's not "hey did you hear about the deflated balls?" but "Can you believe the Patriots cheated to get into the superbowl?"

There is a near universal assumption at this point that (a) the Patriots are guilty of a most heinous crime, and (b) they should not be in the super bowl at all.

What do you expect from people in a city without an NFL team for two decades?

Agree 100%. This game is ruined before it ever started. The entire experience as you say has been destroyed. What should be a celebrated and monumentally impressive feat is destroyed and smeared over the slight PSI of a ****ing football. I hate the NFL, I hate the media, and I hate humanity. **** this whole thing.
Well I agree about the media. Everyone needs to realize how damaging the media has become in all facets of life. Harmful misinformation is blended in with facts on a daily basis (sometimes straight lies) and the public willingly eats it all up. The truth does not matter in the media. It is half truths/half lies at best.

I'm not sure if you people in New England have any idea, but this is a HUGE story outside of New England. How it has managed to gain a life of its own like this is crazy.

I live in LA, and no less than 4 different people brought it up: a bank teller, grocery guy, boss, etc. And it's not "hey did you hear about the deflated balls?" but "Can you believe the Patriots cheated to get into the superbowl?"

There is a near universal assumption at this point that (a) the Patriots are guilty of a most heinous crime, and (b) they should not be in the super bowl at all.

Its a joke when people say they dont belong in the superbowl.You kidding me? Over the ball being deflated by two pounds?Lets put the lousy colts who showed up to the game lol

Under-inflated, deflated, it's a word that makes no difference @shmessy. The intimation is exactly the same.
Well that is what is still in contention: were they under-inflated and refs didn't care, or were they willfully deflated?

Part of the delay in this could be that if the refs are at fault for bad inspection, Goodell and the league really need to plan their own damage control. For them it's easy to just hang BB and the Pats.

I was thinking in a hypothetical world where this led to a punishment of epic proportions, like being kicked out of the league or dq for a few years. Who would I choose as a team if I didn't just leave all together.

I came up with the bills for afc and the niners for the nfc.

Who cares now anyways.
This Superbowl has been tarnished, and the experience that I was so looking forward to has been destroyed.
Any credibility this team had, whether the allegations prove true or not, have been shot thanks to this story being overblown.

-Jamman

Huh? Credibility is something you determine, others don't do it for you. Imo the Patriots and Belichick have total credibility and I don't give a **** what the haters think. What would cost the Patriots credibility would be siding with the league over their own, them I would be done with them.

Again, people are talking without knowing the math. PSI is not weight. 2 pounds is 16% but pressure is parabolic. You have to use a different equation to measure how much less it is.

We've had people that said it's 7% less pressure, and Sports Science on ESPN said the difference in weight is about as much as a dollar bill, and that the fingers dig into the ball less than a millimeter more.

The weight of a football at 10.5 psi, vs the weight of a football at 13.5 psi, is essentially the same - i.e. at most differing in weight by an amount equal to the weight of a dollar bill.

I swear, if the NFL goes nuclear on the Pats over this, after giving the Vikings and Panthers nothing more than a memo earlier this year, I might just be done with the NFL altogether. Any punishment beyond a small fine and maybe a mid-late round draft pick is just a straight up smear job under PR pressure, and if Goodell makes such a deliberate effort to ruin my favorite team after 10 years of ruining the sport itself, I don't think there would be any reason to continue supporting this league.
Same here. If punishment is greater than you describe, I'm never watching an NFL game again. I love the Pats, and wish them the best over my lifetime but this league can go suck a bag of ****s. I'll finally have time to do stuff in the fall too.

Try being here in Indy. They are all but making their travel plans to Arizona.

The best thing I heard today was, "What a great example for the kids." All I said was, "Yes, I'd much rather my kids follow in Irsay's footsteps."

Idiots.

I was thinking in a hypothetical world where this led to a punishment of epic proportions, like being kicked out of the league or dq for a few years. Who would I choose as a team if I didn't just leave all together.

I came up with the Bruins. I can live without football.

Err I couldn't root for any team. I have loved the Pats so much throughout my life. It's the Pats or I'm not watching the NFL again.

With all the media explosion, it is in the best interest of the NFL that they finish the investigation and release the report as quickly as possible.

With these two thoughts, I have to say, what's in the best interest for the league here? Because we all know, with the Ray Rice situation, that the truth, if it hurts the NFL, will get buried for what makes the league look not guilty.

So what's best? (1) To put blame on the Patriots over a popcorn fart and soil not only the league but a team in the freakin' Super Bowl? Or (2) Say there was no wrong done by the Pats, sweep this under the rug as quick as possible and move on to talk about the game?

I have to believe option 2 is in their best interest, whether this fiasco is true or not.

With these two thoughts, I have to say, what's in the best interest in the league here? Because we all know, with the Ray Rice situation, that the truth, if it hurts the NFL, will get buried for what makes the league exonerated.

So what's best? (1) To put blame on the Patriots over a popcorn fart and soil not only the league but a team in the freakin' Super Bowl? Or (2) Say there was no wrong done by the Pats, sweep this under the rug as quick as possible and move on to talk about the game?

I have to believe option 2 is in their best interest, whether this fiasco is true or not.
No one will buy option 2, because everyone in America hates the New England Patriots. Believe it or not, most people in America think Goodell let the New England Patriots off lightly for Spygate. Therefore, this may be an opportunity for Goodell to flex his moral **** before America by making an example out of the New England Patriots, the HC of the NEP in particular.

EDIT: A moral ****, I might add, that has been questioned since his lame response to the scandals back in September. Roger has to prove his ethical manhood, fast.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but the issue is that there is gauge pressure and absolute pressure; the gauge reads only the gauge pressure (i.e., the extra pressure of inflation), while calculations generally require the absolute pressure (i.e., all the pressure within the ball).

I'm saying that an 11 PSI ball is not 16% less inflated than a 13 PSI ball.

But, really, I don't know what I'm talking about.

I hope this ends tomorrow.I want the pats to fight this if they get a stiff penalty

You are leaving some stuff out there conveniently. They weren't "under inflated". They were DE flated". Someone or some condition DEflated those balls between the time they left the officials pregame and halftime on Sunday.

They just didn't magically show up under inflated.

You are correct, they have not been found guilty of anything at this point, but let's try to keep it somehow truthful also.

Either what you say is true or there's another possibility. They were never inflated.

More reading between the lines, always dangerous - but one read on it: if the NFL was tipped off in November, didn't tell the Patriots anything and then measured the balls at half-time in the AFCCG - that's not an investigation, that's an ambush. Sheriff Goodell will have his guns blazing. If this is the case, this also flies in the face of the "this is bad for the NFL, the NFL doesn't want this to be an issue" stuff (yes, @Rob0729 ) I'm looking at you again. They could've settled this in November, or told the Pats to knock it off at the time.

That's a lot of conjecture right there, but a million pages in, figured what difference does it make.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back