Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
And the Colts were incapable of realizing their balls weren't inflated enough for what they were used to?

I believe the allegations are that NE deflated their own balls slightly to provide a better grip, not that anything was done to IND's balls (well, aside from blowing them off in the game).

"A ball"?

If there was a problem wouldn't they be looking at multiple footballs?
the line out there in the media is 'balls" not a 'ball' to which i say bullocks.

I'm surprised nobody is saying that the pump/gauge used was rigged to ensure the balls wouldbe slightly deflated. AND, that the said instruments were artificially intelligent enough to discern the Colt provided footballs to the Patriot provided footballs.

Sadly, this will all go down as a conspiracy/ Goodell is owned by Robert Kraft. It's sickening that we have to put up with this utter BS.

Anything to screw the Patriots I don't see how they can prove anything unless they get a confession from a ball boy or something ridiculous like that.

What the **** is this crap. We win against indy and now the cheating crap comes out again.

W T F

Unfortunately living In the Philly region there are a few people from work I have to try not to punch in the face.

Let the hate come. Embrace it. Remember how the Pats reacted to Spygate? That's right. They went into FU mode. The only problem was that they went into FU mode too early. The one team that is regretting this news is breaking now is Seattle. Some seabirds are about to get destroyed in the ultimate FU game.

Well, then I will patiently wait for the investigation of Aaron Rodgers balls, which he has admitted they over inflate to his liking.

So absurd.

Unfortunately living In the Philly region there are a few people from work I have to try not to punch in the face.
Same thing with me. Philly sports talk bringing back up stolen Super Bowls.

Thanks H Thomas.

The Philly area is brutal to pats fans

Deflated ball!?!!? That explains why Brady threw that wobbly duck to Edelman forcing him to come back for it instead of getting the touchdown. I bet Goodell told the refs to help get indy back in the game...

Has anyone else wondered why the NFL just doesn't buy their own footballs and entrust one of their own employees with the job of inflating the balls to league/team spec, +/- ?

Since they would be buying so many balls they might even get a volume discount. :rolleyes:

Unbelievable. Way to try and damper a huge victory for us. It pisses me off. This is a day to feel great and now there is just a whole bunch of garbage to read about deflated balls.

Unbelievable. Way to try and damper a huge victory for us. It pisses me off.

Because that's what the butthurt/Patriot haters in the media do.

The Patriots NEVER win a game without shenanigans, you should know that by now certain blow hards in the media tell us every week! :rolleyes:

If deflated balls are easier to handle, then it sounds to me like both teams would want the balls inflated to the minimum 12.5 psi. Obviously, inflating them to the minimum that would increase the risk of some balls falling just under that number. Since the refs have two hours to check the balls, one presumes they checked the balls, and those underinflated balls did not enter the field of play. If the refs didn't do their job (and a case can certainly be made for that), then the NFL really does have something to investigate.

I think the worst case for the Pats is their their air pump was not accurately calibrated; I find it hard to believe that the Pats would deflate balls knowing that the refs check them anyhow. It makes no sense.

Further, the delay in the game happened right after halftime and the Pats proceeded to score at will after the problem (if there was one) was corrected.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back