Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
If the NFL controls the balls then WHY THE **** aren't they quashing this now and informing the public??????

Why are they letting the Patriots/Krafts/BB/Fans fly in the wind like a piñata.

Because this lunacy sells newspapers and the drama sells the NFL. Kraft does like to make money so I'm sure he is happy to play "Mr. Bob Krafty" as long as there are no real consequences.

If the NFL controls the balls then WHY THE **** aren't they quashing this now and informing the public??????

Why are they letting the Patriots/Krafts/BB/Fans fly in the wind like a piñata.

Because the NFL doesn't control the balls.

This **** has got to stop, one D Bag "Kravitz' says this and now its all over the internet, in some cases the opening headline. If someone makes and allegation that proves false the Krafts should sue, if your going to accuse the team of cheating. then you had better have prof or you'll have to pay. Having to fight this kind of BS every time we're in a SB takes away from preperation and concentration.
Defamation of character? Sounds good to me. Kraft needs to put an end to this bull

The fans deserve better.

The *NFL* deserves better -- you think the NFL wants constant unfounded smear campaigns undermining the integrity of the game?

It's all sour grapes, my friends.......their savior basically came out and looked like Ryan Leaf and they're pissed

Didn't they say during a game once that Rodgers has his footballs OVER-inflated? Is that not illegal!?

The *NFL* deserves better -- you think the NFL wants constant unfounded smear campaigns undermining the integrity of the game?

Yes. Yes I do.

Because they have made it very clear over the past five Goodell-besmirched years that they don't give a damn about game integrity. Money is king and this kind of crap sells. So let it rain.

Because this lunacy sells newspapers and the drama sells the NFL. Kraft does like to make money so I'm sure he is happy to play "Mr. Bob Krafty" as long as there are no real consequences.

I don't believe that. If that were true then screw Bob Kraft.

actually, they do......the home team provides the balls, the referee is supposed to check the balls and secure them once checked
The process appears to be :

- Balls provided to Referee with pressure gauge and pump.
- Balls kept by Referee.
- At game time, balls provided to Ball Attendant.

So the only possibilities for misdoing are :

- underinflated balls provided to Referee who didn't check them.
- balls taken from Ball Attendant and deflated or replaced.

Both seem unlikely.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...atriots-tampering-with-game-balls-ridiculous/

Patriots deflated the footballs,” Kravitz said. “I thought it was outlandish, but this particular source has never steered me wrong before.”

Added Kravitz: “When I heard it, I thought, man, that’s outlandish, do I really want to go with this? And then I thought, well, everybody thought the idea of them taping practice was outlandish. So, at the end, it’s a source that I trust implicitly, and I’ve never been steered wrong before.”

This is Stupid and I expect a league statement this afternoon shutting this **** down.

Don't know if this was linked to yet in this thread but Peter King spent a week with Gene Steratore's crew during the 2013 season and he has a snippet in the article about how the balls are done before the game.
The Kicking Ball Coordinator (every game has one) walks in and sees Mackie. “Got the ‘K’ balls?” he says, and Mackie hands him the six balls that one team rep from both Baltimore and Chicago will be able to condition for the next 45 minutes; the proviso is they’re only allowed to use brushes, towels and water to get the sheen and wax and new-football feel off for the game.

“Got the game balls yet?” Mackie says to the locker-room attendant, and as if on cue an orange bag of 24 game balls arrives from a Bears equipment man. Minutes later the Ravens’ bag of 24 shows up. Usually it’s 12 per team, but with the threat of bad weather each team conditioned 24 balls during the week—the Chicago balls will be used when the Bears are on offense, Baltimore’s when the Ravens have the ball—and now Mackie, Waggoner and Paganelli go to work to get the balls prepared. One by one, as if on an assembly line, Mackie checks with a pressure gauge to see if the balls are filled to 12.5 to 13.5 pounds per square inch of pressure. Those that aren’t get taken to the bathroom. There Paganelli uses an electric pump to fill up the balls, Mackie checks the pressure, and Waggoner puts the good ones in the sink, until all are perfect. Then Waggoner marks each by silver Sharpie with an “L” below the NFL shield, Steratore’s branding of each ball so they’re not confused with other balls found on the sidelines. The “L” is in honor of Steratore’s fiancée.
So the Pats would have to deflate them on the sideline during the game then, yes?

Source

The process appears to be :

- Balls provided to Referee with pressure gauge and pump.
- Balls kept by Referee.
- At game time, balls provided to Ball Attendant.

So the only possibilities for misdoing are :

- underinflated balls provided to Referee who didn't check them.
- balls taken from Ball Attendant and deflated or replaced.

Both seem unlikely.

Boomer Esiason said this is all garbage......the NFL used to use the balls straight out of the box until Manning complained about deflating them some in order to improve the passing game in inclement weather.......he doesn't believe it would be possible for a team to control the situation to their advantage.

This is all stemming from the early game ball change that happened because they had mistakenly left the kickoff ball on the field for 1st down

• Agree
Reactions: SVN

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST