Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Folks:

The Ravens kickers claiming that the balls they kicked in the playoff game were under-inflated HELPS the Patriots' cause here.

Kicking balls are only handled by the league officials. They cannot be handled by the teams. There is no way for Patriots sideline personnel to have come in any contact with those game kicking balls.

If the Raven kickers' claims are true, then that is smoking gun proof that footballs do indeed lose pressure in a cold damp game atmosphere - - without the influence of any team ballboys.

I'm also under the impression that each team provides their own balls.

So if your point wasn't already true, tel me how the pats get a hold of the ravens balls to deflate them.

Jesus.

I haven't heard any evidence suggesting the Pats did either. It would be bad if they did, but that isn't how it is looking to me.

The point was about the "if". "If" they are found to have done this...

For the record, I'm not sure how Kraft would be able to justify keeping Belichick on. Given his stance on player actions, BB would pretty much have to go, and the question would be whether it was something like a year-long suspension or an outright firing.

For my money I expect the Pats to beat the rap, but the haters will be as unconvinced as ever.

No the point is he slipped them by the refs. Balls slightly off make it through apparently.

But that's not on him. The refs are supposed to catch that. And there's this:

"You can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-v...of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

Assuming the league followed up, BB would have done this post-notice, and we're looking at cameragate, redux.

I'm also under the impression that each team provides their own balls.

So if your point wasn't already true, tel me how the pats get a hold of the ravens balls to deflate them.

Jesus.

Kicking balls aren't prepared or handled by either team, as has been stated in the thread. Shipped from factory to league, container seal broken by officials.

The point was about the "if". "If" they are found to have done this...

For the record, I'm not sure how Kraft would be able to justify keeping Belichick on. Given his stance on player actions, BB would pretty much have to go, and the question would be whether it was something like a year-long suspension or an outright firing.

That's assuming BB is responsible, he'd never be made a scapegoat without absolute proof. Proof of his knowledge or his orders would be required, anything less would make Kraft a fool for letting him go.

"They" and "BB" are different entities.

If somebody is going down it will be Goodell.

If somebody is going down it will be Goodell.

I don't see that happening in a thousand years, however, Blandino could be made a scapegoat if its found that his officials do not perform their pregame jobs to the letter of the rule book.

I've made that point repeatedly.

You have, but everyone is currently taking a side, I wanted to make that crystal clear. My post was not in disagreement, just further clarification, for your support.

Kicking balls aren't prepared or handled by either team, as has been stated in the thread. Shipped from factory to league, container seal broken by officials.

That's my point though.

Even if they was, how does a ball in the ravens possession become deflated through the patriots hands, as apparently alleged by the Ravens

You have, but everyone is currently taking a side, I wanted to make that crystal clear. My post was not in disagreement, just further clarification, for your support.

No worries. I'm all for calm about this for as long as possible.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-v...of-game-ball-incident-during-panthers-vikings

Assuming the league followed up, BB would have done this post-notice, and we're looking
But that's not on him. The refs are supposed to catch that. And there's this:

Assuming the league followed up, BB would have done this post-notice, and we're looking at cameragate, redux.
Right well if the pats similarly put through some soft balls that didn't get caught it's the same as Rodgers situation.

That's my point though.

Even if they was, how does a ball in the ravens possession become deflated through the patriots hands, as apparently alleged by the Ravens

The ball isn't in the Ravens' possession (I believe), this has already been discussed. Kicking balls are actually handled properly, shipped to, prepared by, and watched over by the officials. They are, in theory, untouchable. As every other ball used during a game should be.

In "fair play", variables should not be allowed. Teams should not be allowed to prepare their own balls or choose the level of inflation.

If anything comes of this, the rule will be changed and the league will now provide all balls used on gameday and ball handlers will be appointed by the NFL and not the teams playing.

I can't believe I'm up at 2:30 am reading this awful thread.

I'm going in the bedroom, waking the wife up, and getting laid.

EDIT: well, I'm back--30 seconds later, so either way it didn't work out too well

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back