Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should QBs get to throw the ball any way they like it?

• Yes

Votes: 82 70.1%
  • No the ball should be one way for everybody

Votes: 35 29.9%

• Total voters
Does anyone here think this will distract them for the SB? Because i dont.

Only the fans are being distracted, thankfully. We could be in the middle of an Alien Invasion and the Pats still wouldn't be distracted.

No offense, but how do you know this? After all, if this really is the Patriots doing, it's not certain that this was the first time it was done.

If it was intentional:

I feel like it may have been done specifically for this Colts game only, considering we fumbled 2 or 3 times against the Ravens and this next game was going to be played in heavy rain...increasing the likelihood for just as many fumbles, if not more.

Bob kravitz is quoting anonymous sources saying the reason vinatieri missed that field goal is because the patriots put rocks in the ball

If I've learned anything in the past 36 hours, it's that the colts supply their own balls.

Now tell me how we could accomplish this.

There's free press and then there is slander.

@BillSimmons: Fine, we'll give the Colts 3 free points for every deflated football. We still win by 5. ONTO SEATTLE!

Then you have a leak. Also, 11 balls at 2 psi ? You're grasping and ignoring science.

Also, 2psi is 15% change. If your car tires lost 15% air, you have a significant leak.
It's 1.5 psi below minimum of 12.5.

Still a big decrease.

If it was intentional:

I feel like it may have been done specifically for this Colts game only, considering we fumbled 2 or 3 times against the Ravens and this next game was going to be played in heavy rain...increasing the likelihood for just as many fumbles, if not more.

You may be right, but we'd just be guessing. The poster I quoted went a bit further than that.

In and around November/December of 1999 there were actually a small slice of people pulling their money out of the bank. There were a small slice of people buying up general supplies. This was due a meme out there to be prepared, even worried, the moment January 1, 2000 hit. It was the dreaded "Y2K" bug.

It's simply amazing what some people will believe (and run with in their mind) when a media does the 'rinse and repeat' of the same story/theme. And when the story is simple, fits the emotional square peg in the confirmation bias square hole and has an easily identifiable villain?? It's the sensational jackpot.

Except for the usual loudmouth suspects, this story is very likely to be irrelevant sooner rather than later. It would have quickly dropped into irrelevance if the team wasn't the Patriots. So embrace it...:) (and anyone considering themselves a Patriot fan who actually says something to the effect of 'I just don't think I can enjoy the Super Bowl now' greatly needs to take inventory of their life and consider making changes).

Now Jerry Rice getting in on the hate-a-thon on Twitter...

If, and I mean IF, there is an explanation for all of this and the Pats are acquitted...it won't mean a damn thing. Damage is done. This "cheating" label is something that the Pats will never be able to shake off as long as Bill is the coach.

Spygate, Bountygate, whatever-gate is bad ONCE. But TWICE is pretty damning.

Worst part is, you know the colts fans will troll.

They won't even have a articulate, no biased convo about how in the second half, with proper inflated balls the pats were actually BETTER and scored enough points to best the colts several times over.

May I ask how we know that the balls were properly inflated for the second half?

Does anyone here think this will distract them for the SB? Because i dont.

This level of distraction is determined by the amount of innocence or guilt that our players and coaches have. If our team knows it is innocent, this isn't a distraction at all. If our team knows it is guilty, this is a huge distraction.

Then you have a leak. Also, 11 balls at 2 psi ? You're grasping and ignoring science.

Also, 2psi is 15% change. If your car tires lost 15% air, you have a significant leak.

Again, do not confuse gauge pressure with absolute pressure.

If the pressure inside the ball dropped 2 PSI, that means the actual pressure inside the ball fell by something like (2)/(13 + 14.7) = 2/27.7 = 7.2%, not 15%.

I still don't understand how if the refs FIXED the problem at halftime, how on the VERY FIRST PLAY from scrimmage they removed a ball for apparently not being properly inflated.

Nothing makes sense.

The refs simply must measure the balls. I find it shocking that Rodgers said that. It would provide one team an advantage. If that happened, I could see why the NFL was distraught.

A couple examples would be that I've read that we've already been found guilty and 1/3 of the air in the ball was removed. These have both been corrected as more info has leaked from the league (we aren't guilty *yet* and the balls were 1.5 PSI below required minimum).

If you think this forum thread is bad, go do a search for DeflateGate on Twitter.

If you're speaking of the misinformation that comes from social media idiots, then yes--I agree. It's ridiculous.

I don't necessarily agree that there's been that much misinformation spread by news reports that I've seen as of yet though.

I still think this is bogus and if anything both teams should be forced to use the same balls. I feel the league has no one to blame but themselves. Lastly, it seems the label of cheater is something we will never be rid of.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back