PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense gets into the stadium tunes moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Anyone see this?
in stadium in 3rd Q at a break, Gillette started blasting some edgy sound (maybe the beginning of some rap tune before the lyrics), Merriweather, Hobbs, Oneal start dancing around all tough in the backfield getting the crowd into it.

the crowd gets on their feet and starts screaming and dancing.
then Seymour, Big Vince and Ty started moving their big bodies to the music.
the rest of the crowd gets up and starts howling....
the whole stadium and the team are jamming to the tune...

they then get in stances, snap the ball, and mash em....

it was cool to see the team loose and into the tunes, riffing off the crowd.

(what song was that?)

They started doing that in the Denver game when Belichick told them during the week they needed to have more fun while playing.

Hobbs is the one who starts it. It looks pretty silly from the stands.

I didn't think so and neither did anyone else that I could see and hear.

Too funny...so many here have complained ad nauseum how the team wasn't fired up, the crowd hasn't been fired up....:blahblah:

I was there and I'm glad to see the guys doing exactly what BB encouraged them to do-have fun. And it's also nice to see some of the fanbase put down their wine and cheese and become engaged in what's happening on the field.

I love it it was awesome. Loved it vs Denver too.

Yeah, I saw that on TV. Good to see the uptight NE fans getting a little loose and having fun.

Yeah, except for those four guys wearing khaki pants and polo shirts..... :rolleyes:

I would have rather seen the 2 girls kissing again

hahahahahahah my reputation preceeds me. the two girls kissing was funny. sadly polo shirt season is over now. Thursday will be rocking I cant wait the crowd has been good every game I have been to this year since KC (Denver and Buffalo). But I was looking at the Stadium because I sat in the 300's for the second time yesterday and I was reflecting on how poorly designed it is. What is up with all the open spaces in the 200 Bowl they should seriously fill those in not just in the middle of the field but in the end zone too because those would be great seats. I keep hearing rumors Kraft wants to fill in those blanks so we'll see.

Come on Tune....get into it man, you are showing your age!!!

In the Denver game it was awesome as the entire crowd was fired up by the "D". Yesterday, a bit more subdued, we needed a longer time out...

Anything that can get our crowd fired up and LOUD is needed.

Bruschi was pretty funny doing his little arm shake things....seemed like a combo between loosening up and dancin.

OHMM....OHMM

Forget about what it does to the crowd which is an added bonus. The key here is that the de as unit feeds off it as all of them are having fun with it. Not like the phil collins they used to play that was fun to watch Vince dance too this one builds team cohesion. (not saying the Phil Collins wasn't fun too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft