PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DE Chris Long signs one-year contract with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still curious what his contract number will be?

i really hope this turns out well for us. get long a ring, we need number 5!!!

...sheard/ninko and long sounds good. maybe we can get some extra production from grissom/flowers but im not counting on it.

I'm with that but signing a starting probowl level LB seems like overkill.
If he comes cheap, there's no such thing as overkill. Has he made a lot of money in his career already?

Something like:

70% Sheard
70% Ninkovich
30% Long
30% Flowers

could be a heck of a edge rush group. Welcome to the team Chris. Based off his twitter account he's hungry to prove people wrong. Hopefully we get Andre Carter 2.0!

I like, but for me this is the year that we see a drop off from Nink (IMO saw glimpses last year), would not surprise me to see Flowers and Nink swap and have the two 30+ vets play 30%

I also do not mind the 1 year deal as the three younger players will all be one year older and wiser. I want Nink to retire a Patriot, his value in salary to production probably keeps him on the team over trading him before others realise the decline.

He's not that. He's a very durable, reliable player, but he's not a Pro Bowl level player.

Welcome Chris Long

I'm about 95% sure that the Pats had already agreed to a deal with Long before they traded Jones. Obviously no inside info, it just makes a lot more sense that way. You can be a lot more comfortable in dealing away someone like Jones if you know his replacement is there for the taking

Something like:

70% Sheard
70% Ninkovich
30% Long
30% Flowers

could be a heck of a edge rush group. Welcome to the team Chris. Based off his twitter account he's hungry to prove people wrong. Hopefully we get Andre Carter 2.0!

I think we could see a bit more of Long and a bit less of Ninkovich than that breakdown suggests, but in general I think it's about right. And ultimately, it usually ends up being injuries that sort this stuff out. Someone will get hurt at some point, and when it happens we'll need to have as stacked a rotation as possible.

Would like the chances better if he said something like bro bring me in or hmm should I.
I dont think hes signing in the near future but would love it.
I have a feeling Colt or Packer.

Depth. His starts are beginning to decline the older he gets. in 2-3 years he won't be much but he is very durable which is a huge plus

I think long will thrive under belichick and patricia.

His father must have pushed the pats on him pretty hard.

Still expext the pats to draft a young DE year.

I read a blurb sent by his brother- who plays for the Bears -that he'll look great in a NEP uniform. And why wouldn't New England be an environment that Chris Long thrives in? :confused:

Camp fodder... Jag:D
No this sounds like a decent move... Just hope Long can play at least 12 games plus playoffs (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick