PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

David Thomas suffers Broken Foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
A "broken foot" can mean a lot of things, while I believe it is the Pats Business and should be kept quiet, wonder if this will effect how we draft.

A "broken foot" can mean a lot of things, while I believe it is the Pats Business and should be kept quiet, wonder if this will effect how we draft.

I think the Pats were thinking about another TE early anyway, so I don't think it will change much.

Shoot! Hope it is nothing serious.

I liked Thomas; hope this is nothing big.
Please; no TE in the 1st

Broken foot can be a hariline fracture to a broken bone which shatteres into many pieces.

withouth knowing what it is it is hard to even speculate.but a broken bone should heal fast.

If Greg Olsen falls in their laps, I'll bet money that they use one of their first round picks on him.

I see Olsen going to the Jets in a lot of Mocks.........hmmmmmmmmm

They've also brought in two tightends for a visit to Foxboro: Ben Patrick and Joe Newton.

Olsen is a pure receiving TE...meaning a non blocking TE i can see BB taking him as he loves TE who cannot block .yeah right!

Olsen is a pure receiving TE...meaning a non blocking TE i can see BB taking him as he loves TE who cannot block .yeah right!

"IF" they take a tightend "I think" that it will be Ben Patrick. He can block, run routes and catch. Damn, I was so hoping for an all defense draft. The D needs some young reinforcements, IMO. :mad:

I'm not inside Piolichick's head, but I don't see an injury (that may be minor) to a guy who's a valuable asset but not at the top of the depth chart affecting the Draft Strategy at this late stage.

I'm not inside Piolichick's head, but I don't see an injury (that may be minor) to a guy who's a valuable asset but not at the top of the depth chart affecting the Draft Strategy at this late stage.

Don't forget, though, that Thomas is a TE. That, of course, changes everything. :eek:

Seriously, though, my hope/guess is that it's probably minor. In the article the OP linked to, it says Thomas thinks he can work on adding some strength in his upper body. Now's his chance. :)

Typical Pats... Players get injured long before the season starts!

You are probably right. :)
Thanks man, now I can go back to my hope and dream of seeing us draft a DB and a LB in the first round.

If an injury like this has to happen the offseason is as good a time as any.

If an injury like this has to happen the offseason is as good a time as any.
theres about 11 weeks until training camp plenty of time for anything broken to heal

ding ding ding idng

With the 24th selection in the 2007 draft, the New England Patriots select..Greg Olsen, TE Miami.

ding ding ding idng

With the 24th selection in the 2007 draft, the New England Patriots select..Greg Olsen, TE Miami.
wouldnt be the worst pick, their philosophy is to pick good football players not need, so if they feel olsen will be a star, and all the linebackers they arent that sure, they will pick the tight end

ding ding ding idng

Let's not get carried away here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick