PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darius Walker leaving Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Walker but it's too early so spend a draft choice on Faulk's replacement IMO. For what we ask of him, Faulk is not slowing down. He's signed for three more year and next year we would have no cap savings by cutting or trading him (we'd save something like $400K on Salary - Accelerated signing bonus but the replacement player would cost that).

I assume Walker will be a 3rd round pick, or thereabouts, and I wouldn't be going in that direction. He's a good fit in terms of his skill set, though.

Former Buford High School Wolf

Along with PK Sam I might add.

Real tiny guy, but tough as titanium. Uber quick twitch. Hardly ever fumbles, even in practice.

i dont see much of a future for him as a RB..maybe a 3rd down type of back..could be like Kevin Faulk maybe with less flash

i like his vision and hands but he isnt very fast nor is he very strong but his patience, vision and hands could make him a good 3rd down or situational back

I never thought much of Walker until I watched him play. In the college game (and trying to visualize them in the league), it is easy to get caught up in pomp and circumstance, flash and bluster. Walker is a sort of master-of-none, jack-of-all types. A workingman back in a sea of burners and slashers. Yet, everytime I watch him play I'll be damned if he doesn't get the most of what is available. His hype as a youngin' preternaturally turned me off to him, but he won be back by his steady play.

At worst, I expect him to fully be able to fill a role played by our Faulk. Faulk was a monster at LSU and found a niche in the league because he would never be a monster there, too. Walker will never wow a casual fan, but his preformance in college absolutely translates to effectiveness in the NFL. An early-mid draft round will get someone a reliable ground game warrior. Personally, I would prefer Walker over Faulk at this point (considering age, $, hands), though it is nary a chance to occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes