PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dante's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know, I know, it's ESPN. But I think Reiss is great.

Dante Scarnecchia makes 'tough decision' to return to Patriots' staff

“It wasn’t like I was glued to it. If it was on, and I was in there, I’d watch it. Quite honestly, the night games, I ain’t making it past the second quarter,” he said Monday. “There’s no way -- starts too late and goes too long. I can’t do that.”​

FYI, we've got 5 night games in the regular season. Might need a backup if Dante goes to bed early.

But thrilled to have him back. Might be the most important free agent signing this year.

Also cracked up at this:

“But we talked about it, my wife and I, and decided that this would be a good thing on a lot of different levels -- as far as the grandkids being able to come to the game for free, and just be part of it all."​

Maybe just a slip, maybe reading too much into it, but the "free" part seems to indicate he's not ****ing paying that much for some tickets, are you kidding me???

“It wasn’t like I was glued to it. If it was on, and I was in there, I’d watch it. Quite honestly, the night games, I ain’t making it past the second quarter,” he said Monday. “There’s no way -- starts too late and goes too long. I can’t do that.”​

FYI, we've got 5 night games in the regular season. Might need a backup if Dante goes to bed early.

But thrilled to have him back. Might be the most important free agent signing this year.

Also cracked up at this:

“But we talked about it, my wife and I, and decided that this would be a good thing on a lot of different levels -- as far as the grandkids being able to come to the game for free, and just be part of it all."​

Maybe just a slip, maybe reading too much into it, but the "free" part seems to indicate he's not ****ing paying that much for some tickets, are you kidding me???
Heck, if free tickets for his grandkids are what it takes to get Dante back coaching for us, I hope Kraft gives them a lifetime pass.

That has to be a red herring right? Dante and his family needed to pay to watch games in Foxboro? Not even Kraft can be that greedy..

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I saw Dante walking down the field one day, many years ago and this was a little guy taking big steps, talking with a big voice. When I saw that, I thought "This is a big man trapped in a small body."

This guy knows exactly how big men move, feel, think, and see the field. I expect nothing less than a radical transformation of the OL. He coaches techniques specific to each big man, and puts them in a position to excel, unlike Goog, and you'll remember how hard it was for Solder to adapt to Goog's techniques; ended up with some bad habits, focusing too much on pad level, than launching from optimal preset.

I read the article and thought that Scarnecchia was yanking Reiss' chain and Reiss was playing along...either that or he was lobbying for a La-Z-Boy on the sidelines during night games...

As his retirement gift, Bob did give Dante the free lifetime membership to the "Jelly of the Month" club

That's the gift that keeps on giving all year long.

Also cracked up at this:

On another show he reminded me of old Clint Eastwood.
He reminded me that great guys are still around ...

The Patriots Brass should have couple of Learners behind him learning all they can from one of the best.

I read the article and thought that Scarnecchia was yanking Reiss' chain and Reiss was playing along...either that or he was lobbying for a La-Z-Boy on the sidelines during night games...

Impossible. Written words are literal translations of the speaker's intention; if it was a joke or a bribe request, he would have explicitly stated so.

Respectfully submitted,
Theodore V. Wells, Jr.

The Patriots Brass should have couple of Learners behind him learning all they can from one of the best.

Or at least this time stick with the plan and don't make the guy who was shadowing Dante suddenly a TE coach like 3 years ago. Like you said.. just put multiple people there and let them absorb everything. But am not sure if Kraft would be able to survive the financial hit of multiple coaches earning a few thousand dollars a month.

I'll pay for the espressos for night games to keep him awake...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I saw Dante walking down the field one day, many years ago and this was a little guy taking big steps, talking with a big voice. When I saw that, I thought "This is a big man trapped in a small body."

Didn't realize how little he was... until I saw this...

cd02dante.jpg

o_O;)

Dante's Return sounds like a low budget horror flick.

Dante's Return sounds like a low budget horror flick.

IIRC there was a volcano movie named, "Dantes Peak". with Linda Hamilton and Pierce Brosnan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes