PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Wilcox on Sirius NFL Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear this clown? He was on around 9:15 EST tonight with Jim Miller and Bryan McGovern. Anyway, he basically spent the entire interview b!tching about the refs, saying the Ravens are being targeted because they have a reputation as a "hood, thug team". He also said that every week the refs are against his team, so they're used to getting screwed.

Wilcox said that Billick told the team on Wednesday that they had to play even harder because the refs will be favoring the Pats (he also said that Billick was "fired up" to coach against BB). When asked why the refs favor Pats, Wilcox responded, "Looking at their colors... Red, white, and blue, America's team." I wonder if he's visited that Rams SB conspiracy website. :rolleyes:

Poor Wilcox. It must be hell having to borrow brain cells to form a coherent thought.....

Isnt Wilcox the guy who played like his first game in 2 months last night?

Wilcox said that Billick told the team on Wednesday that they had to play even harder because the refs will be favoring the Pats (he also said that Billick was "fired up" to coach against BB).

Ah, so a seed was planted in their little minds. I knew there was more to this than just what happened on Monday night.

Umm they are a stinkin hoodlum team. I don't think this effects the calls though.

I heard it on my drive home.

A few things bothered my about that interview.

1) He said that the refs should have let the Ben Watson hold go, that they should let the players just play. Just sounds stupid to me, how is cheating defined as "letting the players just play"

2) Prior to the interview, McGovern and Miller were both talking about how Watson was blatantly held for almost 13 yards. But in the inteview, when they questioned Wilcox about it (and he said the above mentioned statement) McGovern responded with, and I quote, "I have seen that call go both ways." Neither one of them took a stand on what they had said just minutes before, as if they were afraid to raise controversy with Wilcox. I have a lot of respect for McGovern and Miller, but they just sounded like push overs in that interview.

Go Pats!

Isnt Wilcox the guy who played like his first game in 2 months last night?

That's the one.

I heard it on my drive home.

A few things bothered my about that interview.

1) He said that the refs should have let the Ben Watson hold go, that they should let the players just play. Just sounds stupid to me, how is cheating defined as "letting the players just play"

2) Prior to the interview, McGovern and Miller were both talking about how Watson was blatantly held for almost 13 yards. But in the inteview, when they questioned Wilcox about it (and he said the above mentioned statement) McGovern responded with, and I quote, "I have seen that call go both ways." Neither one of them took a stand on what they had said just minutes before, as if they were afraid to raise controversy with Wilcox. I have a lot of respect for McGovern and Miller, but they just sounded like push overs in that interview.

Go Pats!

That's the only problem I have with the station. I've never heard one of the co-hosts challenge a player or a coach during a live interview... it's always praise. A Steelers fan called in about 30 minutes after the Wilcox interview and complained that the Ravens are a bunch of crybabies (apparently Billick blamed the rain for one of their losses to Pittsburgh earlier in the season) and Miller and McGovern completely agreed with the caller. Yet back during the Wilcox interview, while they didn't say they thought the refs intentionally screw Baltimore, they never questioned why Wilcox is putting so much of the blame on the officials for his team's struggles. I don't really listen to any other talk radio station, so I bet it's the same on the other channels, where interviews are often ballwashing sessions. Ohh well.

Now when there are only so many teams out there, you don't want to limit the teams that would hire you down the road. It would be hard for me accept Wilcox, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Mason and Rolle on the Patriots.

Now when there are only so many teams out there, you don't want to limit the teams that would hire you down the road. It would be hard for me accept Wilcox, McGahee, Ray Lewis, Mason and Rolle on the Patriots.

Mason almost was... but he listened to his wife instead.

If they want to not call the Watson blatant hold, that is fine with me.....

Because then they would just call the obvious hold on Gafney that happened on the short cross.

Give me a f***ing break. How in God's name anyone can swallow this crap is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back