PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Wetzel :Roger Goodell's manipulation of Tom Brady's testimony leaves NFL on slippery slope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing. Anybody catch the Wells testimony where he said the Ideal Gas Law was a theory? What a dipshit. It's a scientific law because it's been proven and there is no disagreement (at all). That's like saying 1 + 1 = 2 is a theory or that H2O is a theoretical formula for water.

I don't expect everyone to be a scientist but scientists have to know how to know something about other subjects. Is it really too much to ask for an educated man like him to understand what constitutes a scientific law or scientific theory? It's the entire basis for science. It's like asking a non-English major to understand what a comma is.

I think Roger needs to be in a comma. :eek:

Unfortunately, Goodell was playing hooky during that particular civics lesson.
I think he was in the classroom. He was just too dumb to absorb the material.

Observing the tide really turning against Goodell, not just with this article but plenty of others, including one on the front page of the Washington Post; wouldn't it be an act of supreme irony if Goodell resigned as a result of this scandal?

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens.

Observing the tide really turning against Goodell, not just with this article but plenty of others, including one on the front page of the Washington Post; wouldn't it be an act of supreme irony if Goodell resigned as a result of this scandal?

I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens.
He's pulling in $45M a year as commissioner. I bet he would force the owners to pry his ill-gotten cash out of his filthy goblin hands before committing career seppuku to preserve his honor.

I thought this was a great point.
So the league created fake duress for Brady via false evidence and then found him guilty for reacting to it in an understandable fashion. This is a rather aggressive interrogation tactic generally reserved for murder investigations, terrorist questionings and "Law & Order" reruns. It isn't how anyone would normally expect the league office to act when trying to determine the inflation levels of footballs.

The disgusting part is that ESPN and NFLN both which are the biggest media outlets for football have not a single opinion piece yet on the transcript release.

He's pulling in $45M a year as commissioner. I bet he would force the owners to pry his ill-gotten cash out of his filthy goblin hands before committing career seppuku to preserve his honor.

No doubt.

However, he has now been caught in a bald-face lie, not to mention shameless manipulation of fact, which is very hard to look past, and something I believe would make it easier to get 20 of the 32 votes from the Executive Commission to terminate his contract. This comes on the heel of the Rice fiasco and the AP disaster, and is arguably the worst of either as far as the "moral conduct" of the NFL front office.

Why does Wells report ideal gas law as a theory after he wrote in exists in his report? This is one of the worst schemes I've ever seen. No planning at all.

The last line,
"Perhaps more importantly, how does anyone in the NFL – owner, coach, player or fan – possibly trust the league office to investigate and rule on anything ever again?​
is why Roger Goodell can not remain as Commissioner.

This. Said in those terms and getting major distribution through the interwebs. Roger Goodell is a dead man walking. If his resignation is not dated August 2015, the NFL owners are collectively clueless.

Edit: d%#*!@t wrong thread

I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. Still can't figure out how the Commissioner justifies a 1st round pick as a penalty for doing everything possible to comply and the league finding no proof of actual tampering with the footballs.
It doesn't matter if the owner of the team caves and gives it up with a whimper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes