PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan Bazuin

Status
Not open for further replies.

harveyw

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I hope others from this board are watching the Motor City Bowl between CMU and Middle Tenn. St. This kid Bazuin is a beast with a constant motor. I do not know much about his measureable other than what he is listed at (6'3" 272#), but he could be the DE/OLB that we are looking for. I know many will say "but he is playing Mid Tenn St"; however, he made an impact against Boston College, who boosts a huge OL, earlier in the year.

Does anyone here know what he runs? He looks pretty quick, but would he be able to drop in coverage if necessary? I am truly intrigued by this prospect.

I hope others from this board are watching the Motor City Bowl between CMU and Middle Tenn. St. This kid Bazuin is a beast with a constant motor. I do not know much about his measureable other than what he is listed at (6'3" 272#), but he could be the DE/OLB that we are looking for. I know many will say "but he is playing Mid Tenn St"; however, he made an impact against Boston College, who boosts a huge OL, earlier in the year.

Does anyone here know what he runs? He looks pretty quick, but would he be able to drop in coverage if necessary? I am truly intrigued by this prospect.

Bazuin is very fast, like 4.6.

We'll have to keep an eye out and see if he does LB drills on any pro-days or at the Combine, that will give us a better idea of what he and his agent think he's capable of doing - not to mention the Scouts who are testing him...

I know many will say "but he is playing Mid Tenn St"; however, he made an impact against Boston College, who boosts a huge OL, earlier in the year.

Keep in mind that our DC, Dean Pees, coached in the MAC at Kent St...so maybe he's a bit familiar with Bazuin.

Closer to 4.7 than 4.6 -- but he's still a speed rusher. Doubt he has any LB experience at the college level -- but he was a LB/TE in high school (30 lbs lighter). Remains to be seen if he can play in space...we'll know more from his workouts. Seems to have the intangibles of a BB-type player though. A prospect worthy to consider...

We'll have to keep an eye out and see if he does LB drills on any pro-days or at the Combine, that will give us a better idea of what he and his agent think he's capable of doing - not to mention the Scouts who are testing him...

I have read a lot about him, first time I saw him play was last night. He looked good but he is a whole lot bigger than I expected, he maybe more of a 4-3 end than a 3-4 OLB. Looking forward to studying him more as the draft approaches.

I think he got hurt last night, I saw him take a helmet square on his right knee and it bent in a way your knee is not supposed to bend.

I was watching him a little before that, and he got man handled on several occassions by the left tackle, I saw him pancaked at least once. They had him listed as 6'3" and 273 lbs, so he would most likely have to drop a few to play OLB, and he just didn't seem to want to stick his nose into the action enought for me to project him to be an inside LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3