PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

D. J. Foster: The Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He shows good speed and quickness; watch him run away from cornerbacks. He is a threat to go all the way every time he gets through the line (he had a good line). He seems a bit too small and delicate to play RB full time in the NFL, but I could see him more as a WR that could occasionally run for the Patriots.

His Combine numbers were ridiculous. He was number one, by a long shot, in the 3-cone for RBs (6.75) and number 4 among WRs. He was number one in the 20-yard shuttle for WRs and number 4 in the 60-yard shuttle. Can he translate that into on-field performance? I did not see Barry Sanders out there, but it seems like he has potential and is yet another great prospect for the Patriots among the UDFAs.

BTW, he was a teammate of Devin Lucien at AZ State. I wonder what Teddy Bruschi thinks of that?

So basically all of our draft picks are going to be future Hall of Famers with what you've seen on tape thus far? ;)

So basically all of our draft picks are going to be future Hall of Famers with what you've seen on tape thus far? ;)
Heheheh, not quite, only Leblanc, ha. Wouldn't it be funny if they all get cut except Elandon Roberts?

Catchy tune...

Little bit a dat
Little bit a dis
Turn the music up
Take another hit
Be legendary, be legendary
Be great my nigga, be great my nigga

Hopefully between he and Lewis we can get a full season of dynamic play from our 3d down backs.

Foster was a highly recruited athlete who didn't quite live up to his College billing which included a position change . I think Foster's only hope of making it on the Patriots active roster will be his running ability. That is if he runs better than James White if not: well you see where I'm going. If he's James White 2.0 well I hope he makes it on our taxi squad. That said in Foster's case if you have less than 3:00 minutes of positive College Highlights in a four year College stint you simple weren't that good...kid's got a steep up-hill battle.

Catchy tune...

Little bit a dat
Little bit a dis
Turn the music up
Take another hit

Hated it at the beginning, couldn't get it out of my head by the 5th touchdown.

Hated it at the beginning, couldn't get it out of my head by the 5th touchdown.

"Silly Love Songs" is my earworm of choice to drive out crap I don't like. Not that I like Silly Love Songs but at this point I can tolerate it playing endlessly in my brain better than 180054GIANT CALL GIANT GLASS

"Silly Love Songs" is my earworm of choice to drive out crap I don't like. Not that I like Silly Love Songs but at this point I can tolerate it playing endlessly in my brain better than 180054GIANT CALL GIANT GLASS

OR the infamous:

Dun du dun du du du du

1 800 cars for kids

k-i-d-s cars for kids

Catchy tune...

Little bit a dat
Little bit a dis
Turn the music up
Take another hit

Agreed. It's a masterpiece. I'd put it right up there with Mozart's "Symphony No. 40 in G Minor".

That is the worst...but Bob's Furniture is pretty bad also--so bad that I will never, ever step foot in that place.

Both my kids heard it while we were in the car and started singing the damn thing. I asked them, "I wonder if they would give me a car for a couple of kids?"

So the little buttheads starting singing it in reverse. 1 800 cars for kids ......C-A-R-S cars for kids. hahaha

Both my kids heard it while we were in the car and started singing the damn thing. I asked them, "I wonder if they would give me a car for a couple of kids?"

So the little buttheads starting singing it in reverse. 1 800 cars for kids ......C-A-R-S cars for kids. hahaha

1877-kars4kids K-A-R-S kars for kiiiiids. 1877-Kars4Kids... donate your car toddaaaaaaayyyy.

Damn you for getting that stuck in my head.

Agreed. It's a masterpiece. I'd put it right up there with Mozart's "Symphony No. 40 in G Minor".

First I just realized I screwed that up. So not only it's stuck in my head I'm singing it incorrectly. haha

1877-kars4kids K-A-R-S kars for kiiiiids. 1877-Kars4Kids... donate your car toddaaaaaaayyyy.

Damn you for getting that stuck in my head.

I saw an interesting explanation of why those things work so well. It might have been on the show Brain Games, but I'm not sure. By using a tune and a message together it forces our brain to activate two separate parts of the brain and makes us remember both. It's almost unfair the way that ad people can use it against us.

wow, mozart in play here
well, here's your 40

conducted by 'BB of conductors' Nikolaus Harnoncourt (just passed away/on recently)

I enjoy cranking this in residential areas

Sepultura "Dead Embryonic Cells". A song title you don't soon forget.

Foster was a highly recruited athlete who didn't quite live up to his College billing which included a position change . I think Foster's only hope of making it on the Patriots active roster will be his running ability. That is if he runs better than James White if not: well you see where I'm going. If he's James White 2.0 well I hope he makes it on our taxi squad. That said in Foster's case if you have less than 3:00 minutes of positive College Highlights in a four year College stint you simple weren't that good...kid's got a steep up-hill battle.
I'd hope he can run better than James White. (And break tackles better than him as well.)

If he can translate that play to the NFL I think he is great Dion insurance and is a legit threat to displace White.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News