PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Carter/Ron Jaworski: Believe the Patriots can go 16-0 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see @Buffalo, Arizona, Pittsburgh, @Seattle, @SD, @Miami, @NYJ, @Indy as possible losses. Pick 5 of those 8 out of a hat. Obviously I'm a die hard fan, but it's best to tone down expectations when a team comes off a SB loss. Losses like that usually have consequences that linger.

So, given that list, am I right in thinking that it's more a matter of you thinking that the team will come back to the pack than that other teams have improved?

So, given that list, am I right in thinking that it's more a matter of you thinking that the team will come back to the pack than that other teams have improved?

I would say it's a combination. I think that Parcells should get the Phins to play tough football again, and that usually means the Miami game in Florida is a battle. The Pats face the Jets in NY at the worst time, early, when the Jets will still believe in themselves and their coach; Arizona has a very physical philosophy, some excellent Dbs and good coaching. If they draft a rb like Mendenhall, to go with Fitzgerald and Boldin, that will be a test late in the year. Pittsburgh i don't fear that much, because the coach IMO is second rate, but Roethlesberger is an elite Qb (IMO) so you never know. Buffalo should improve, because IMO their Qb can be a franchise Qb and make the 2nd year leap. Once a team starts believing in its Qb all the other players try harder and become more committed, so I see Buffalo as the Pats biggest division challenge (with a major chip after those 2 blowouts last season).

Plus we don't know yet where the pats will be mentally after last season. That probably aged them the equivalent of 2+ years for an average team, , in terms of the combined toll of intense week to week pressure, exhaustion and ultimate disappointment. If they can energize themselves with a good draft, and inject youth, I will feel better about predicting my usual 14-2.

Improvements from Maroney, the emergence of Cjackson and Dave Thomas, Meriweather making strides, a dominant tone setting defensive player from the draft, such as C. Long or Gholston; those types of developments would energize the whole team again and change my outlook. But without some changes IMO the '08 team won't be nearly the dominant force it was in '07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back