PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cris Carter/Ron Jaworski: Believe the Patriots can go 16-0 again

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the schedules being released today one of the topics on NFL Live was - Will Patriots repeat 16-0 regular season?

Cris Carter
"I would not be surprised at all. I believe it's easier to bounce back now than if they had won it. The schedule is mapped out for them and their big time games are spread out over the course of the season."

"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

Well the schedule is set up pretty well for it. There are only really 5 traditionally tough games: Chargers, Broncos, Colts, Steelers, Seahawks. The Broncos follow the Chargers, but it's a home game. The Seahawks do follow the Steelers and it's an away game, but I'm not sure how much of a game the Steelers will be able to give this team to wear New England down. The Colts are going to be coming off a physical battle against the Titans while the Patriots will be coming off a game against a soft team in the Rams.

It's too early to even know what the Patriots lineup will be, but I don't think the schedule is one that would prevent 14 or more wins, and I don't think 16 is out of the question just based upon the schedule.

I dont think Denver is tough this yr, I would be worried about Pitt before Denver.. Colts San Diego and Seattle are all games that would worry me and would consider them potential losses..

Undefeated. Maybe. I would settle for 14 and 2. Sweep the payoffs, and adda big fat 4th ring. I agree though, we are primed up now. The guys have something to prove now. For me at this point the biggest game to watch is the August 28th, Pre-Season game against the GIANTS. Tell me BB doesn't let TB an dthe gang run the score up and crucify those sanctimonious self agrandizing morons. BEAT DOWN COMETH!!!!! YEAH BABY! GO PATS GO PATS!!!!

At this point, all I care about is winning is the Super Bowl. I will settle for a 10-6 season on the way we achieve that goal. I have experienced a 16-0 season without a Super Bowl win and quite frankly it was pretty hollow.

Screw them, it's all hype.

Best believe if the Pats lost to the Chiefs in week 1, ESPN would be the first to tell us why they wont win the superbowl. screw undefeated, I just want the super bowl.

Undefeated. Maybe. I would settle for 14 and 2. Sweep the payoffs, and adda big fat 4th ring. I agree though, we are primed up now. The guys have something to prove now. For me at this point the biggest game to watch is the August 28th, Pre-Season game against the GIANTS. Tell me BB doesn't let TB an dthe gang run the score up and crucify those sanctimonious self agrandizing morons. BEAT DOWN COMETH!!!!! YEAH BABY! GO PATS GO PATS!!!!

The guys had something to prove last year and still lost the big game. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

All that matters... win the next game.

Theoretically possible, but unlikely unless the defense comes up huge. I'll wait to make a prediction until I see the results of the draft. The easy schedule does give BB a chance to gradually work in his rookies.

I'm not a big fan of the early bye.

i would love to see the team go 19-0 but it is going to be almost impossible, even more so than last year.

"on any given sunday anybody can beat anyone, accept in 1972." Mercury Morris

of course he forgets that the 85 bears one loss came on MONDAY NIGHT

When the summer ends, the roster will be set and the team will have a new goal: get to 1-0.

HELL YEAH!!! last season ended horribly, but there aint a Pats fan out their that didn't enjoy the ride. I would love to see them make another run at an undefeated season.

For you folks that want a loss early...remember that the Pats are on pace to break their own consecutive regular season win streak.

Can anyone say, "build them up before you tear them down"? I knew you could.:D

Seriously, if Jaworski did not work for the Mickey Mouse Sports Network, he'd be OK. (Jaws is cool, but ESPN is a tough stain to ignore.)

If the pats win the division, at any record, IMO it will be a successful season. Just eye-balling it I see 11-5. If they do better, great, but they're not superheroes and alot of teams have talent and carry less scrutiny and pressure into next season. Bouncing back from a brutal SB loss is a tremendous challenge, by itself.

Yeah , We are going 16-0 again and I am the king of Scotland

Now bow down all ye to the king.......

Just be glad if we are 11-5 or 12-4 and win the division then hope for the best after that

Enough of this 16-0 crap - Puhleeze

2007 said Hi....

all i want is a first seed in the AFC, and a SB win

if it goes 16-0, then thats just gravy on top

but let the casters talk about undefeated....brings on more hate, and i can deal with it

but by no means do i want the pats to lose ANY games simply to end the undefeated talk on shows

If the pats win the division, at any record, IMO it will be a successful season. Just eye-balling it I see 11-5. If they do better, great, but they're not superheroes and alot of teams have talent and carry less scrutiny and pressure into next season. Bouncing back from a brutal SB loss is a tremendous challenge, by itself.

I'm curious about your number here. Where do you see 5 games they can lose, other than the obvious "any given Sunday"?

HELL YEAH!!! last season ended horribly, but there aint a Pats fan out their that didn't enjoy the ride. I would love to see them make another run at an undefeated season.

For you folks that want a loss early...remember that the Pats are on pace to break their own consecutive regular season win streak.

Actually, they did that when they won the Giants game (they won their last three regular season games of 2006, too); the record they have in their sights now (in the sense of "this is something they could break", not "this is something we want to break") is most consecutive games without defeat, which stands at, IIRC, 25.

Last edited:
all i want is a first seed in the AFC, and a SB win

if it goes 16-0, then thats just gravy on top

but let the casters talk about undefeated....brings on more hate, and i can deal with it

but by no means do i want the pats to lose ANY games simply to end the undefeated talk on shows

If it means preventing another media circuis like last year, then yeah. I would almost rather see them tank a game then go undefeated. To save pride, we can put Matt Cassell in and switch out Randy Moss for Mike Vrabel.

I'm curious about your number here. Where do you see 5 games they can lose, other than the obvious "any given Sunday"?

I could see @Buffalo, Arizona, Pittsburgh, @Seattle, @SD, @Miami, @NYJ, @Indy as possible losses. Pick 5 of those 8 out of a hat. Obviously I'm a die hard fan, but it's best to tone down expectations when a team comes off a SB loss. Losses like that usually have consequences that linger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back