Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson implicated in same HGH investigation; suspended 5 games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Sep 1, 2007.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

2. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson implicated in same HGH investigation

Since Wilson is a coach..I wonder if they will investigate to see who took them?? Seems fair enough..I think this is only the start of things...HGH is nOT easily discovered in tests...and I would bet many take it knowing that...so the only way it can be found out was through some outlet of distribution...Wasn't there a team doctor also involved??

3. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Re: Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson implicated in same HGH investigation; suspended 5 ga

Wilson has been suspended:

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

That's 1 more game than Rodney got, for those keeping score at home. At least Goodell is sticking by "coaches and other employees will be held to a higher standard than players."

4. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Re: Cowboys QB coach Wade Wilson implicated in same HGH investigation; suspended 5 ga

So common sense would say that Bears are likely to be involved in this.

Hello Tommie Harris and Mike Brown

5. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I remember Grossman getting injured a lot.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder if Rex is involved.

That means he sucks a lot more than we thought he did.

6. pats1

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

More on the investigation (the article has been updated above this portion to name this assistant - Wilson, as we know):

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2999994

7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

"Evidence supports his statements that he used the substances for personal use only, did not distribute the substances to other people, and has stopped using those substances. He is eligible to be reinstated Oct. 9."

Gee, that was fast. He must have told them straight up he took it all to help his coaching assisting performance and then stopped cold turkey when he got a less demanding gig as a QB coach... Guess the commish won't have to pull the special forces off the dog fighting trail... :rolleyes:

Read over on KFFL that a Steelers team physician has been let go as well.

8. bbabin

bbabin On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me but I'm glad it was a Patriots player and NOT a coach that was busted. If a coach is tied to illegal PEDs it casts a shadow on the entire organization and every player.

9. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Sounds like this might be the tip of the iceberg and after Vick lied to the commisioner, no one is going to go that route. I'm thinking with all the power Goodell is wheeling, and the lack of a strong union, that the NFL may be the first league to test for HGH.

10. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I can't believe I'm the first one to say this, but...HOLY CRAP!

11. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

That "HOLY CRAP," by the way, was from back in the time when I stupidly thought this was about Wade Philips.

12. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Goodell could care less if Grossman took anything illegal or not. He sucks anyways and hes a disgrace to the NFL enough as it is.