PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Courtroom sketch artist blames Pats fans for "Hateful....cyber-bullying"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure she probably got some hateful emails cause it's the internet.

But I could really do without the same-brush tarring people like SMY are doing on twitter.

I root for the same football team as Patriots fans and that's where the guaranteed similarities end. I'm a freedom-hating pinko ***, community theater actor, nerd wargamer, network security expert with a big ****. Nothing like the rest of you.

So yeah, **** off with the high and mighty comments about how "patriots fans" should rise above. When a Pats fan does something stupid it doesn't reflect on me. ****'s sake.

Bullygate 2.0? Lol why did they send hatemail? The sketch was epicly bad in a hilarious way.
True, and jokes about a 3rd grader doing a better job, or memes putting the image on The Scream, etc. are equally hilarious and are not what she is talking about (I hope). I think she is probably talking about things like death threats and nasty vile comments that you wouldn't want some shmo in his basement in Billerica sending to your mother, wife, sister, etc. There are some real whack jobs out there.

I'm sure she probably got some hateful emails cause it's the internet.

But I could really do without the same-brush tarring people like SMY are doing on twitter.

I root for the same football team as Patriots fans and that's where the guaranteed similarities end. I'm a freedom-hating pinko ***, community theater actor, nerd wargamer, network security expert with a big ****. Nothing like the rest of you.

So yeah, **** off with the high and mighty comments about how "patriots fans" should rise above. When a Pats fan does something stupid it doesn't reflect on me. ****'s sake.

On a roll fnord, until you lied about the ****

I couldn't bring myself to email her. It feels too much like an invasion of her personal space, plus I know how hard it is to draw well even without a time constraint, and so cut her some slack. Still, that Brady head is so hideously funny I couldn't NOT 'shop it, especially given the possibility she leans Green, or just plain mean.

Did she blame Pats fans as a class of people, or simply refer to the people who were sending her email as Pats fans? If it is the latter, then once again a headline is misleading us all and conclusions are being jumped at.

Also, worth noting that one of the most practiced tactics of bullies is to insist that other people have standards of sensitivity that the bully approves of.

How does she know they're Patriots' fans? The entire football world and then some are mocking her sketches. They're even being trashed on ESPN and NFLN.

Add MMQB to the list of bullies:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/13/ik-enemkpal-buffalo-bills-signing-nfl

3. I think I’ve never understood why we have courtroom renderings instead of, in the very at least, still photography allowed for a portion of every hearing. Courtroom renderings originate back to the Salem Witch Trials. The 1600s, in other words. The one of Tom Brady’s just set the all-time lowest bar.

(1) court sketch "artists" are non essential in this age (2) she did an awful job (3) she shouldn't be surprised at the level of hilarity - there is nothing any normal person can do to avoid laughing at these ridculous pictures

(1) court sketch "artists" are non essential in this age (2) she did an awful job (3) she shouldn't be surprised at the level of hilarity - there is nothing any normal person can do to avoid laughing at these ridculous pictures

Right on the money. Don't forget (5) The small number of folks bullying her does not include all Patriot fans (6) Everyone is having a laugh about it, not just pats fans

Didn't someone here write that she should stop drinking on the job and seek help? Maybe that's what she meant by cyberbulling. :p

If she is being cyberbullied I must say that's totally uncalled for. I hope all who have actually "cyberbullied" her are brought to justice.

Justice? As in would have to sit in a court room in front of a judge while she's drawing you? That's pretty harsh.

Also, worth noting that one of the most practiced tactics of bullies is to insist that other people have standards of sensitivity that the bully approves of.

Really good insight. But it's no coincidence that bullies try to victimize those whose sensitivity make them more vulnerable than others. Bullies know how to smell prey, and the weaker ones are more often than not the first to be targeted.

But I wouldn't lump together entire groups of people into the category of "bullies" - especially when most are just trying to find humor in people and things. In this case, the public was choosing to make fun of her work, and not ridicule her as an individual. There were already memes and jokes being made well before anyone knew who she was.

But yeah, bullying of any kind (esp. harassment and making death threats) is totally unacceptable....

Last edited:
It's one thing to have fun with her work, but anything that even approaches harrassment is as ridiculous as this deflation nonsense and an embarrassment to all patsnation.

I think the enemies list is already long enough without filling it up with crappy rockport street artists.

In her defense she had a short time and the drawing is not of Tom but of the entire courtroom and Tom is not even front and center. She is a fool though as she could ride this baby. T shirt sales etc...

90% of the people doing the photoshop memes and laughing about her hilarious lack of artistic skills are probably NOT Patriots fans. It's a shame if some Pats fans e-mailed her, but then again she might be assuming that the people emailing her are Pats fans instead of ordinary random people on Earth who happened to notice that she is God-awful at her job.

ted wells on line 1.:D

but seriously, pats fans are relentless. best fans on the planet...we are everywhere!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back