PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Couple funnies from FSNE Path to Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone see the short Maroney interview ? The dude was wearing a cap with the Kool Aid guy (like the necklace he has) with Cherries around it. Maroney is serious about this Kool Aid stuff :D

They interviewed Merriman. What a dork. First he says the Chargers are gaining on the Patriots; I guess he didn't notice we handled them a lot better this year than last. Then he talks about the rivalry and says something about how the want to beat us because we're the current dynasty (fine) and they're, get this, the up and coming dynasty. His team wins one playoff game (Tennessee doesn't count, they weren't a real playoff team) and now they're about to be a dynasty :bricks:

Wow. Merriman and the Chargers are pathetic.

Chargers have more work to do to become the Patriots top rival, that's still the Colts as far as I'm concerned.

I don't mind him thinking his team is the up and coming dynasty, they need another head coach for that to happen though. Norv's decision to punt in the 4th Qtr of that game displayed absolutely no balls to me.

I still can´t decide what is more indicative of the Pats´ greatness: their ability to blow out good teams or their ability to make players on good teams publicly admit that they are proud of themselves for ALMOST winning, or for losing by less than last time.

I still can´t decide what is more indicative of the Pats´ greatness: their ability to blow out good teams or their ability to make players on good teams publicly admit that they are proud of themselves for ALMOST winning, or for losing by less than last time.

One of my favs, the "we participated banner", just like the trophy my kids got for "playing" T ball......

Attachments

• indy colt banner.jpg
    indy colt banner.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 272
One of my favs, the "we participated banner", just like the trophy my kids got for "playing" T ball......

That never gets old. That banner is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I should add, btw, Merriman wasn't trying to be an ass, he got off to a good start and was very genuine. That's the funniest part of the whole thing regarding his "up and coming dynasty" thing - he wasn't being a d!ck, he actually believes it.

LOL! I have Madden '08 for the Nintendo DS and I was wondering what those banners were for! All you can see is blue rectangles and you can't read them. Now I will laugh every time I play in the RCA dome.

They interviewed Merriman. What a dork. First he says the Chargers are gaining on the Patriots; I guess he didn't notice we handled them a lot better this year than last. Then he talks about the rivalry and says something about how the want to beat us because we're the current dynasty (fine) and they're, get this, the up and coming dynasty. His team wins one playoff game (Tennessee doesn't count, they weren't a real playoff team) and now they're about to be a dynasty :bricks:

I think I heard that same interview on Felger's radio show on the afternoon drive home...man, that was insufferable. Felger was really just feeding into Merriman, it was pathetic.

My favorite part of the interview was when asked about the Patriots doing the Lights Out dance on their field last season, Merriman said "it's easy enough to just win and walk off the field". Apparently it's not that easy to record a sack and walk back to the line of scrimmage. Some of these guys are so dumb it's frightening.

And as for his "the Chargers are the next dynasty" crap. You have to win SOMETHING to be a dynasty. Does anyone see the Chargers getting considerably better? They have a boatload of talent, I don't know what their contracts are like, but it's hard to imagine them being able to retain everybody - and if they can't win with them now, they're screwed. PS, Merriman, LT ain't getting any younger.

I really think it'll just continue to be Colts & Patriots as long as Manning and Brady are healthy.

Does anyone see the Chargers getting considerably better?

They did get better in the second half of the season. Twards the end there they were almost as good as their 2006 team. :D

Chargers have more work to do to become the Patriots top rival, that's still the Colts as far as I'm concerned.

If we're talking about rivals for this decade, I would still rank the Steelers above them also. You might even want to count the Broncos for "most consistently maddening". The Chargers are gaining fast though (in terms of bitter opponents, not actual "rivals" in terms of talent or success), I'll give them that.

Oh, we play all four of those teams next year. :D

Last edited:
PS, Merriman, LT ain't getting any younger.

I really think it'll just continue to be Colts & Patriots as long as Manning and Brady are healthy.
Tomlinson does, indeed, have a lot of touches. In fact he has about as many as Corey Dillon; admittedly Dillon took a lot more contact but Tomlinson at this rate will have as many touches as Curtis Martin in just four years. And we all know Martin's longevity was legendary. At most the Chargers have 4 more years of "this" Tomlinson, more likely about 2. As as you said, with Brady and Manning in their prime it's unlikely SD will get to a single SB in that time.

I think that the best thing out of htat MAroney interview was now he understands that he can't make every play a big play. He said that he has to put his head down and go for the short gain instead of looking too long for the big opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST