PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could there be reprecussions beyond the Herald...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The rift now will never be repaired by the Pats or the Herald.. Could this affect the pats in the media??

Could Weei - which is the only radio station in boston.. Espn radio rumor has it is about to fold in Boston, not have any pats appear on the radio?? I dont know if entercom is affiliated with the Herald, but just a thought...

Also the reporting going on, will Tommose be allowed to cover the Pats now?? I think John always had a axe to grind against Belichick, if you ever notice his press confrence, Belichik usually gives him the cold shoulder, Im sure he and john wont be breaking down film together???

Lots of other questions, but the main thing is , we can as fans move on , let espn , and whoever else keep talking nonsense...

WEEI about to fold ... that's nonsense ... it's a cash cow for Entercom.

Are you guys kidding? Companies like Clear Channel and Greater media could only hope that Entercom didn't cover the pats. Do you know how much money the pats generate? The Herald and Entercom would be hurt FAR worse than the pats if they stopped covering them. Money drives everything, and the pats/weei are cows. Not to mention papers like the Globe wold be dancing in the streets.

I mean honestly people, come on.

Last edited:
WEEI about to fold ... that's nonsense ... it's a cash cow for Entercom.

No Espn Boston I hear is or close to folding, WEEI, is a strong staple and a pillar in Boston media..

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys kidding? Companies like Clear Channel and Greater media could only hope that Entercom didn't cover the pats. Do you know how much money the pats generate? The Herald and Entercom would be hurt FAR worse than the pats if they stopped covering them. Money drives everything, and the pats/weei are cows. Not to mention papers like the Globe wold be dancing in the streets.

I mean honestly people, come on.

Its just some food for thought, I agree with you ,but I thought eei and herald were part of some deal...

Last edited by a moderator:
No Espn Boston I hear is or close to folding, WEEI, is a strong staple and a pillar in Boston media..

Yeah, PFW in Progress seems to suggest that as well -- and Casale and Hart were both on Felger's show last season.

What they said is that the station's lease is apparently up (or was up on April 1), and they won't renew it. Casale also said today that there won't be Felger on Patriots Fridays, or something to that effect.

Its just some food for thought, I agree with you ,but I thought eei and herald were part of some deal...

I don't think the Herald is in some kind of deal. WEEI just employs a lot of Herald writers since the Globe forbids any of their writers to appear on the Big Show so WEEI banned the Globe from all shows.

What they said is that the station's lease is apparently up (or was up on April 1), and they won't renew it. Casale also said today that there won't be Felger on Patriots Fridays, or something to that effect.

How Felger ever got a show I'll never know, he must have got down on his kneew to someone. He's the biggest ***** on the air.

If espn radio in Boston did fold, somebody else would jump in very quickly. The market for sports in Boston is one of the largest in the country, there's no way it would be left to just EEI. Picking up the pieces in second place would still be more profitable than a lot of other formats. The new station could go with their own people (e.g., Bob Lobel) and use Sporting News Radio at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back