PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could Kaepernik Invalidate the CBA?

Ok, when I say is better I'm talking about present so let me correct that, what Kaep did in those 2 years with Harbaugh was much better than what Mariota has ever done and possibly will do in the NFL.

Ok, after Harbaugh he stunk, lost a ton of muscle with that **** vegan diet, got some injuries, and lost his mind out of football completely, but I'm a believer that someone who did once can do it again. I was watching one of those ESPN Greatest SB shows one of these days and the show was covering the Ravens x 49ers SB and he was playing out of his mind back then.

I'm not sure he will ever get his **** together, he says he will stand for the anthem if given another chance but that bridge is burned to the ground, I think he is a lost cause but at least he can do what many QB's can't in the NFL, win games, he proved that for 2 years. So for the main question, I think he still does have a place in the league, from a football standpoint only. There are many teams that would improve with even 50% of that Kaepernick. The whole package is the problem.
His team won often in spite of his play. He was carried by a defense and a pistol scheme that wasnt figured out yet.
Once his defense became average and the gimmick scheme was figured out he lost, a lot, and sucked. He was exposed as an inaccurate QB who can't read a defense.
No team would be better with him at QB.

Ok, when I say is better I'm talking about present so let me correct that, what Kaep did in those 2 years with Harbaugh was much better than what Mariota has ever done and possibly will do in the NFL.

Ok, after Harbaugh he stunk, lost a ton of muscle with that **** vegan diet, got some injuries, and lost his mind out of football completely, but I'm a believer that someone who did once can do it again. I was watching one of those ESPN Greatest SB shows one of these days and the show was covering the Ravens x 49ers SB and he was playing out of his mind back then.

I'm not sure he will ever get his **** together, he says he will stand for the anthem if given another chance but that bridge is burned to the ground, I think he is a lost cause but at least he can do what many QB's can't in the NFL, win games, he proved that for 2 years. So for the main question, I think he still does have a place in the league, from a football standpoint only. There are many teams that would improve with even 50% of that Kaepernick. The whole package is the problem.

Harbaugh covered Kaepernick's weaknesses. He was able to do that because that 49ers group was loaded. Kaepernick is a lousy pocket QB. He's always been a lousy pocket QB. That limits his upside, and limits every other offensive player on my team.

1. If I were a coach, I'd never take him on my team, unless it was on an easy cut contract, and he knew he was strictly a backup to a mobile QB (i.e. those I mentioned earlier).
  2. If I were an owner, I'd fire any coach who wanted him on my team as a starter.
It's not politics. It's football.

Good luck proving collusion, they can just point to your last few years where you stunk and people like Manziel are were out of the league after a year or two.
My thoughts exactly. It will be difficult to prove that no one wants to hire you because you knelt, rather than you can't play. Besides, with Brady's bogus punishment over and done with, I am not sure I want the CBA thrown out and the league thrown into turmoil at this point.

You are calling the owners dumb for what reason? Writing emails you have no proof exist?

What's truly dumb, besides Dr. Pain's post, is Kaepernik's insistance that he deserves a different outcome than what has transpired
Yikes, you know I hear decaf coffee tastes just as good.

The owners don't have a say in who they want (working) playing for them?

"but at least he can do what many QB's can't in the NFL, win games, he proved that for 2 years."

In his last 24 starts, he has 4 wins and 20 losses. That's no winning games. Mariota is a promising 23 year old QB while Kaepernick has been on the decline and almost 30. He was benched last preseason for Blaine Gabbert (prior to taking a knee) because of his lack of work ethic and poor attitude.

Wow!

Report about Kaep on the halftime show just now said he is suing the league for collusion based on his inability to even get a try-out. Interesting aspect is that there reportedly is a provision in the CBA that invalidates it if teams are guilty of collusion.

This could get interesting, especially if his legal team is savvy about electronic discovery review. Email archives will be an interesting aspect of this. I don't give him lots of chances for success, but it's not out of the question either.
He will settle and go into politics.

agree 100%...obvious

Let’s see their cell phones. Turn them over!

You don't want to see Jerry Jones, Robert Kraft, and John Mara's **** pics.

I guess Kaep doesn't have any interest in the CFL? I would think he could get on a team there if he wanted to.

Well, duh. The CFL is in Canada -- where the police don't less frequently kill black people.

Kaepernick opted out of his own contract. I don't know if that will factor but I can't see how one can quit your contract and then claim your lack of contract is the fault of the team you quit and the other 31.

Last edited:
The Giants owner was explicit when he said that he wasn't going to give Kaepernick a shot because of the controversy. It wasn't based on his play. The Ravens owner also brought up the protest.

This doesn't mean collusion. Only that he is being blackballed by some owner because of the protest, and not because of his ability.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kaepernick is better than Beathard and Hoyer.

I wouldn't say that's being backballed because of the politics; it's simply not wanting a huge distraction in the locker room. Akin to cutting a "locker room cancer". It's a legitimate business decision.

Didn't CK turn down a veteran minimum contract ($900,000+) from one team? That would really torpedo his collusion claim.
Anyone else remember this?

During his Super Bowl year, Kaepernick passed for 3,200 yards with TD-INT of 21-8. Mariota has already had a better season statistically when he threw for 3,400 yards with 26-9. Kaepernick had about 150 more rushing yards that season.

To call Kaepernick "much better" is absurd. Those stats are a wash. SF went to the Super Bowl on the strength of their stellar defense. Kaepernick certainly had a good year, but he was a game manager, not a game winner.
Any team that signed Kaepernick would be subject to a MAJOR media distraction. Media distractions are like poison in the NFL. His backup level talent just doesn't justify the hassle.

His team won often in spite of his play. He was carried by a defense and a pistol scheme that wasnt figured out yet.
Once his defense became average and the gimmick scheme was figured out he lost, a lot, and sucked. He was exposed as an inaccurate QB who can't read a defense.
No team would be better with him at QB.

Agreed. A lot of gimmicky, running quarterbacks are initial sensations, right up until defenses figure out their scheme and get tape on them.

This is beyond shallow sad, stupid.......

Its OK to hire someone who beats his wife/kid/gf, is so drunk they pass out in the middle of road, shoot themselves, serve time, kill dogs, lie to police, rape, but not someone who dares to protest. Make a choice we don't care what someone does once they put on a helmet or EVERYONE gets held to a higher standard

This is beyond shallow sad, stupid.......

Its OK to hire someone who beats his wife/kid/gf, is so drunk they pass out in the middle of road, shoot themselves, serve time, kill dogs, lie to police, rape, but not someone who dares to protest. Make a choice we don't care what someone does once they put on a helmet or EVERYONE gets held to a higher standard

It's a business decision. Teams are trying to win a Superbowl and don't need a circus distracting them from that goal. What kind of circus that happens to be is immaterial--Tim Tebow was rejected just the same as Kaepernick.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that's being backballed because of the politics; it's simply not wanting a huge distraction in the locker room. Akin to cutting a "locker room cancer". It's a legitimate business decision.

He's never been a locker room cancer and the rest of the players are dealing with this already.

It's because a certain part of the fan base does not like protests from African-Americans, and I say this especially because players are being booed for doing things like kneeling BEFORE the national anthem.

It's a business decision. Teams are trying to win a Superbowl and don't need a circus distracting them from that goal. What kind of circus that happens to be is immaterial--Tim Tebow was rejected just the same as Kaepernick.

Then just say that shooting guns in crowded bars, beating women, killing dogs, or whipping kids is acceptable as long as u can help us win.

He's never been a locker room cancer and the rest of the players are dealing with this already.

It's because a certain part of the fan base does not like protests from African-Americans, and I say this especially because players are being booed for doing things like kneeling BEFORE the national anthem.

Huh? The FANS are keeping Kaepernik from a job in the NFL? Exactly HOW does THAT work?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back