PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could BB work out CD B4 the Draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
It may be wise to see how dillon's high sprain has recovered and see what type of shape he is in. Could BB bring in Dillon for a workout and draft based upon the results? Even if Dillon were at 75%, there is no way he could tell BB that based upon his passion to play. A verbal communication would not be as forthtelling as a workout.

Digger44 said:
It may be wise to see how dillon's high sprain has recovered and see what type of shape he is in. Could BB bring in Dillon for a workout and draft based upon the results? Even if Dillon were at 75%, there is no way he could tell BB that based upon his passion to play. A verbal communication would not be as forthtelling as a workout.

could he?

yep

will he?

hmmm...Pokey Smith failed the conditioning test every year in NE...and Pokey was no Dillon...

gut says...no test for Dillon and no RB in R1...

I want Dillon to be 100% just as much as everybody here, but it isn't every draft that Deangelo Williams may fall to 21. At least let the doc do a physical on CD.

What is the big deal with Corey Dillon? He was hurt last year. It was obvious watching him. He waved himself off the field after just about every play. He gave the team what he had.

Week after week, Belichick said that Dillon was running hard.

hwc said:
What is the big deal with Corey Dillon? He was hurt last year. It was obvious watching him. He waved himself off the field after just about every play. He gave the team what he had.

Week after week, Belichick said that Dillon was running hard.
How can you not see the big deal? The concern is that a RB with a running style like Dillon has taken much abuse and is now over 30 years old. I do not know what games you were watching, but the Dillon who plays for the Pats simply does not waive himself off the feild. He is a diehard guy who doesn't complain about pain. I don't even know how you can say that. He did give the team what he had. He did run hard, but the question is how much he has left. Some on this board say a few years. Some say it is gone. That is what the big deal is. Nobody truly knows what Dillon has left. Let's assume the worst and say that he is physically spent (I am not saying he is). What the heck do we do for a RB? That is the issue! Yes, Dillon was hurt last year. Older players are injured more easily. NFL stats show that the age of 30 is a point where a RB begins to decline. Was it the injury or was it the wear and tear? That is the big deal. Nobody on the board is opposed to a RB in the draft. The question is when. I say pull in Dillon for a predraft workout and physical to determine the when.

I think its good bet the Patriots and BB know what they have in RB's this year...
They'll draft one fairly high if they are gonna need one.... Relax!

Digger44 said:
How can you not see the big deal?

How can you not see that with $7.9 million in unamortized bonus, the Pats have already made the decision that Dillon is the guy in 2006? If there is competition for a RB spot on the roster, it will be for Patrick Pass' #3 spot. You can't carry two #1 RB paychecks on an NFL roster these days.

IMO, the Pats have decided that they can get a couple more solid years from Dillon in the power back role. They don't need him to gain 1500 yards. I'm guessing that they would prefer to cut back on his carries, platooning him with Faulk and Pass (or whoever has Pass' roster spot).

It didn't work out in 2005 because a) Dillon was hurt and b) the makeshift O-line couldn't have blocked the weak sisters of the poor down at the orphanage.

I thought offseason workouts were in full swing, and even if not players had to check in periodically to see how their conditioning program is going?? I would be very surprised if BB & crew did not know how Corey was progressing with his ankle problems.

One would think the Pats have been keeping tabs on all their players, from Brady on down. Especially the injured ones. There was a thread here yesterday that said Dillon had hired a personal trainer and was in the best shape he has been in a long time. I cant recall if it said he's working out here or elsewhere. I am quite confident the Pats know exactly what Dillon's status is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes