PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coronavirus RESPECTFUL Discussion Only! (Mod edit: Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I officially hate this forkin' virus.
I'm divorced with 15 year old twins. They're pretty much what I live for. They live with my ex-wife in the same city.
I used to see them 3x a week but they're honors students so both of our schedules cut it down to Sundays.
Now I can't see them at all.
My ex is a cancer survivor and it's in remission. She's at very high risk. So they're now isolated in their house, no visitors, no friends,nothing. They're not going out for any reason. Pretty devastating to me, may be weeks or months b4 I see them.
But we gotta do it. It sucks.
Can you at least Skype?

I would like to make the best of this as long as it lasts.

Now I officially hate this forkin' virus.
I'm divorced with 15 year old twins. They're pretty much what I live for. They live with my ex-wife in the same city.
I used to see them 3x a week but they're honors students so both of our schedules cut it down to Sundays.
Now I can't see them at all.
My ex is a cancer survivor and it's in remission. She's at very high risk. So they're now isolated in their house, no visitors, no friends,nothing. They're not going out for any reason. Pretty devastating to me, may be weeks or months b4 I see them.
But we gotta do it. It sucks.

I’m really sorry to hear about this. It’s terrible.

I think they just announced that if you even get a mild case of this, it could result in longterm lung disease.

If that's true, for those not taking this seriously because it likely wouldn't affect you personally much... may want to reconsider.

There was a study from China that said people who recover may have severely decreased lung function but that doesn't mean a "mild case" and is in line with other forms of severe pneumonia.

That would be horrid. But we’ve yet to see any increased fatality rate yet, not even anecdotal accounts.

It’s possible that due to the infamy of the virus, more people are now running to the hospitals, including many younger people, whereas they would have just stayed home with a flu prior to this global outbreak. Just saying there are other explanations.
Someone want to help me read this, I'm being an idiot on purpose because I do not want to overstate:

fullsizeoutput_b29.jpeg

What, you think we're at steady state? Just getting started. Stay tuned.
What, you think it just started (in the US) a few weeks ago?

Also, for people bringing up testing, I cannot believe that doctors, with all their experience and medical knowledge, are SO solely dependent on testing devices to provide treatment to their patients. Are they not able to diagnose symptoms and base on their highly educated guess, determine what to do?

I’m really sorry to hear about this. It’s terrible.

Yeah, but there's probably thousands of people in the US in the same boat.
As bad as it sucks for me, if my ex got the virus, her immune system is compromised. And there's no cure.
Could be fatal.
And what I'm reading about in Italy is horrific.

Don’t know but I just read some data from main lab in NYC. Re

Someone want to help me read this, I'm being an idiot on purpose because I do not want to overstate:

View attachment 26336

Honestly not very well versed in this, but I’ll take a stab at it. Are the two spikes representing the peak times of the Coronavirus in the news forefront, and is the point that people are reporting their symptoms more out of fear of the virus? Or am I missing it?

Honestly not very well versed in this, but I’ll take a stab at it. Are the two spikes representing the peak times of the Coronavirus in the news forefront, and is the point that people are reporting their symptoms more out of fear of the virus? Or am I missing it?
The black line indicator is for ages 18-64 being treated for clinical signs of influenza vs all other ages groups.

Also, for people bringing up testing, I cannot believe that doctors, with all their experience and medical knowledge, are SO solely dependent on testing devices to provide treatment to their patients. Are they not able to diagnose symptoms and base on their highly educated guess, determine what to do?
Well coronavirus doesn't cause blue spots on infected people for easier detection. People with the flu ahev the same symptoms. Anyway they dont have a cure for it they just treat the sypmtoms so hopefully they can keep the fever down and lungs clear

Watching "The Mummy" with Tom Cruise.

Jesus this sucks.

They need testing because they have to determine whether to isolate and then trace back points of contact. It also prepares them for knowing what they might need to treat the patient going forward.

Even postulating that Obama failed, Trump promised to do better. FAIL!
Can someone explain why we decided not to use the WHO test?

The FDA likely required a more stringent test, one that would ensure accuracy. I have heard that the WHO test had a 50% false negative rate, which means that half of the people tested will get the wrong result. In other words, their testing kits could be useless.

Last edited:

View attachment 26336

These are ED visits for flu-like symptoms in 18-64 range. Could represent spike in COVID but is also likely a result of fear-based visits. People get a sniffle and think they're going to die. It's difficult because you have to balance hospital capacity with the potential for negative outcomes, and not sure anyone can successfully put their thumb on that scale.

States are starting to take initatives, that's a good sign:

The black line indicator is for ages 18-64 being treated for clinical signs of influenza vs all other ages groups.

Do you think it’s due to actual problems or more worrying?

Do you think it’s due to actual problems or more worrying?
I don't know. I think the federal guidelines are going to suggest a widespread shutdown of everything though. I think if you can work from home, work from home. I expect I'll have the virus in 3-5 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST