PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Connecticut cable question

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldEnglandPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
So I finally know for sure that I'm moving to Connecticut - Stamford, to be precise - this summer. I lost patience after two Google searches and so I'm asking here: Will I be able to get NFL Network there.

(This assumes I can afford it after paying twice as much rent for 2/3 the apartment size...!)

I go to school in Fairfield, and though I don't have it, I know it is available.

(After consulting map to see where Fairfield is) Thanks for the info :)

Forget about NFL Network, you are now in JETSland!! Between the mandatory showings of both the Jets and Giants, the only Pats games you will be able to get are the primetime ones! I used to live on Long Island and I was able to get the Patriots over the air from the Hartford stations (it's a long story but it includes me on the roof of my garage and a large antenna). But I'm almost positive that in Stamford you will be stuck with the New York stations. I highly sugguest DirectTV, I finally got it and the Sunday ticket is fantastic! You will get the NFL Network, and if you pony up the @$200, all of the games.

BTW, you do know that Stamford is the home of the WWE (Nee WWF), are you going to work for Vince?

You looking at me? huh? you lookin' at me?Im the only one here you must be looking at me.So to answer your question(and hopefully get you to look the other way cause frankly you are ka...reeping me out)Heres what ya do...walk over to your cable box unhook all the lines going to it ..lightly toss it into the air..and go Jackie Chan on that sum*****...Pick up the phone(wait a minute Bruce dont get froggy we need that telephone for the next step)Dial 1-800-DIRECTV..Tell em you want the basic package and maybe playboy..Sit back and within minutes a local tech will be in your house and making all your pigskin dreams a reality...I never thought that I could see all of these games on my TV!Because everyone said it couldnt be done!...oh it can be done!Its mine Peyton!

Ooooookay, nice to get more input. I'm pretty sure the apartment building I'm moving into has both cable and satellite hookups, so I'll just have to see which is the better option. Obviously 'Sunday Ticket' is a must, but I'd reeeeally like to get NFL Network too if possible.

It would be ironic if I could get better NFL coverage here in Canada than when I move to the States, don't you think?

OldEnglandPatriot said:
Ooooookay, nice to get more input. I'm pretty sure the apartment building I'm moving into has both cable and satellite hookups, so I'll just have to see which is the better option. Obviously 'Sunday Ticket' is a must, but I'd reeeeally like to get NFL Network too if possible.

It would be ironic if I could get better NFL coverage here in Canada than when I move to the States, don't you think?

There is no option - the only way you can get Sunday Ticket ids with Direct TV, then yo uwill have NFL Newtwork.
One last suggestion - get TIVO with your Direct TV, I cannot live without it. All you need to do is program in Keyword "PATRIOTS" and all Patriot material is nicely recorded for you!!

All I need now is to be able to stop working as I need these hours to watch all my football recorded material.

fgssand said:
There is no option - the only way you can get Sunday Ticket ids with Direct TV, then yo uwill have NFL Newtwork.

Ahhhh, I'm learning here. In Ontario I get a Sunday Ticket type of deal with Rogers Cable, eg. I can watch every single NFL game.

Thanks for the clarification.

If you are lucky, you will get both the CT and NYC stations. That means that you will get th Pats CBS games on WFSB from Hartford and the Jets games (or other national games) on the NY CBS affiliate. My in-laws live in the New Haven area and get both the Hartford and NY channels. Very handy!

As for Fox games, you are SOL unless the Giants are on in primetime or have a bye week. Fox 61 is Giants first and foremost. This was awful when i was at UConn and the Pats were fresh off of a super bowl (31) and the Giants were bumbling their way to 5-11 or something like that.

I live in CT now and i was able to watch most of the pats games on the local CT stations via my Dish Network satellite. You will miss the pats game that airs on fox each year though (unless it's a bye week for the giants).

Last edited:
With cable I believe you will be a Cablevision customer and therefore will get both the NY and CT local channels. Channel 3 WFSB out of Hartford carries the Pats while WCBS out of NY carries the Jets. Fox 5 and 61 carry the Giants. As already stated if the Pats have a visiting team from the NFC then the game is televised on Fox, however if the Giants are on at the same time as the Pats, 61 will carry the Giants. They cover most of western Mass. therefore they claim they are a Giant station first and foremost. If they are not on at the same time you may get to see the Pats if it is a Fox Doubleheader weekend, if not and its a CBS doubleheader weekend, again you will not see the Pats.

I actually have DirectTV and the NFL Sunday Ticket just for that very reason, so I never miss a game because of the quirky scheduling. Issue Direct TV only is that my local channels with them are considered NY. So I also have the basic cable package which gives me the aformentioned Channel 3 WFSB out of Hartford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft