PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Conflicting Reports on Dillon

Status
Not open for further replies.
mgcolby said:
I used to be skeptical of people who posted "inside" info but now through a friend at work his nephew is as good as a source a fan could ask for, he happens to be trying to make a hated rival but it is cool to hear the info about the Colts nonetheless. It is how I heard Addai is a dumbass and is not understanding the playbook. But if I explained exactly who that person is then it could get back to team and maybe create an unneeded problem. Sounds corny but the as we all know some players view the boards.
Wonderful news about Addai. The fact he scored a sub-10 Wonderlic was a clue the Colts seem to have missed.

PATRIOTSRULE:

Let's take Digger's advice and ignore his stupid crap!

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
PATRIOTSRULE:

Let's take Digger's advice and ignore his stupid crap!

Great, thanks for the advice newbie. Glad to see you stick you nose where it doesn't belong.

PonyExpress said:
Wonderful news about Addai. The fact he scored a sub-10 Wonderlic was a clue the Colts seem to have missed.

Did he really get a less than a ten? I had not heard that, guess it makes sense.

I was excited about the news because he said the playbook and that doesn't include the audibles and line of scrimmage terminology. He will have to pick up blitzes off an audible and if doesn't get it or know that he needs to adjust, then we all know what the end result of that will be.

I am trying to be a good fan here...but...lets just say they had some protection issues today

:D

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
Did he really get a less than a ten? I had not heard that, guess it makes sense.

I was excited about the news because he said the playbook and that doesn't include the audibles and line of scrimmage terminology. He will have to pick up blitzes off an audible and if doesn't get it or know that he needs to adjust, then we all know what the end result of that will be.

I am trying to be a good fan here...but...lets just say they had some protection issues today

:D

Well his name is hard to spell.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry for the on-topic post... but tomase looks a lot fatter than dillon... still dont understand how a few years writing minor league crap about the red sox qualifies one to write about the pats.. but that's the herald's problem.... why dont they hire some real pats fans; say, i dunno, miguel, for example, instead of a typical fat, overweight ex-sox reporter? who gets more cred on here, miguel (a god), or tomase (a slob)?

PatsWorldChamps said:
sorry for the on-topic post... but tomase looks a lot fatter than dillon... still dont understand how a few years writing minor league crap about the red sox qualifies one to write about the pats.. but that's the herald's problem.... why dont they hire some real pats fans; say, i dunno, miguel, for example, instead of a typical fat, overweight ex-sox reporter? who gets more cred on here, miguel (a god), or tomase (a slob)?

Let's see if Miguel wants a job and then petition the Globe or Herald to hire him!

What do you say Miguel? Any interest in doing that full time? Or do I recall you're still in college?

Still, it'd be in their best interest to pay you to do for them what you do for free.

Say the word and we'll get right on it (and don't forget to comp me some tickets when you make it big)

Last edited:
Picture worth a thousand opinions

There is a picture in THIS thread, and I agree he looks pretty much the same.

There is a picture in this other thread..
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=36915

and yup, maybe he looks maybe a TINY bit pudgy in that one ,which I also agree is not bad for a guy coming back from injury and with a couple months until full training camp, Jeesh, I lost about 10 pounds in month and I am by no means a professional athlete. To say he is Fat though... my own eyes say that is a flat out exageration... probably with all the alterior motives many people already mentioned. I think Mr. Brady and Mr. Harrison will and/or would be all over him privately if they think otherwise and that alone is more than enough to put my mind at ease.

Maybe someone more saavy could post some comparison pics...

Joe_n99 said:
There is a picture in THIS thread, and I agree he looks pretty much the same.

There is a picture in this other thread..
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=36915

and yup, maybe he looks maybe a TINY bit pudgy in that one ,which I also agree is not bad for a guy coming back from injury and with a couple months until full training camp, Jeesh, I lost about 10 pounds in month and I am by no means a professional athlete. To say he is Fat though... my own eyes say that is a flat out exageration... probably with all the alterior motives many people already mentioned. I think Mr. Brady and Mr. Harrison will and/or would be all over him privately if they think otherwise and that alone is more than enough to put my mind at ease.

Maybe someone more saavy could post some comparison pics...

I'm not sure that is the best picture to post to show that Dillon isn't overweight. :D

PatsWickedPissah said:
Right. And we as adults can evaluate the credibility over time, rembering that nobody's omniscient.

Here's an interesting point of view that may help with the "source" argument. My freshman year at UM, my first practice, I saw 2 guys competing for the starting QB job. I had seen Tom Brady the year before (97) on the sidelines and warming up during games. We practiced in t-shirts and shorts, no pads, no helmets (more of a conditioning workout.) Brady was scrawny. Drew Henson, a freshman, was bigger and stronger. I told my friends, "Henson will start. Brady's lost a lot of weight." Because I didn't know any better. When we put the pads on, and started playing, I could tell right away I was wrong. But, if you think about the little time spent by outsiders and media members (I'm assuming BB's practices are locked down like ours were at UM) around the team, it's easy to make those incorrect assumptions. I take very little from people saying a player is "fat" or "skinny" now, knowing that they may also be on a new conditioning program, or have adjusted weight for a reason. Sorry for digressing. Just my $.02.

Patjew said:
I agree with that. I enjoy the first- (and second-) hand accounts of Patriot sightings. It's easy enough to take them with a grain of salt, and there's often validity there.

My only question would be has his friend seen Dillion in person before to make a fair judgement on the subject. If it's the first time he's seen the Dillion in person, it may just be the way Dillion always looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This just shows the total lack of integrity of the Boston Media.

I think Dillon looks pretty good for an older RB that probably had to keep off his feet a couple months to heal before working out.

Zero credibility for anything Tomase says about Dillon. You'd think the one thing Tomase would be an expert on would be FAT.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• oly_full.getty-71180132ab021_new_england_p_1_36_16_pm.jpg
    oly_full.getty-71180132ab021_new_england_p_1_36_16_pm.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
RayClay said:
You'd think the one thing Tomase would be an expert on would be FAT.:rolleyes:

How does anyone know what Tomase looks like???

I keep going to his blog and for some reason there's a picture of Penn from Penn and Teller.

It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back