BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tomase says :
"Corey Dillon looks big. There’s no nice way to say it."
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

and Curran says :

"Running back Corey Dillon, who played last year despite a series of nagging injuries that hampered his effectiveness, has been impressive in the early going, running hard and, in contrast to last season, running well to his left."
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2006/06/report_from_min.html

Well, I guess they don't have to be conflicting, Dillon could be big but still run hard and run well to his left. But Tomase didn't appear impressed with him whereas Curran did.

BelichickFan said:
Tomase says :
"Corey Dillon looks big. There’s no nice way to say it."
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

and Curran says :

"Running back Corey Dillon, who played last year despite a series of nagging injuries that hampered his effectiveness, has been impressive in the early going, running hard and, in contrast to last season, running well to his left."
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2006/06/report_from_min.html

Well, I guess they don't have to be conflicting, Dillon could be big but still run hard and run well to his left. But Tomase didn't appear impressed with him whereas Curran did.

Maybe Tomase was using the urinal next to Corey.

Who cares if hes big, Curran says he was running hard and well, Tomase only said hes big. Nice report Tomase..

Last edited by a moderator:
Kdo5 said:
Who cares if hes big, Curran says he was running hard and well, Tomase only said hes big. Nice report Tomase.
By saying "there's no nice way to say it", he was clearly intimating Dillon had too many pounds on him.

I don't trust Tomase's football judgment yet. This is his first minicamp (or 2nd) and he doesn't have a reservoir of credibility yet. Curran's been around for years and if he says Dillon's moving well, he's seen Dillon (and Antowain) every year and he knows.

I thought Dillon spent the off season doing a tough condition routinue that included running up sand dunes etc.. Wasn't that posted here a few months ago.

So is he fat or bulked up?

he doesnt look fat to me,he looks, well.....THE SAME.

ImgDyn.cfm

PATSNUTme said:
Maybe Tomase was using the urinal next to Corey.

That is f*cking funny. :rofl:

Dillon looks almost svelte in that picture.

Tomase is likely just trying to stir the pot, make a name for himself. Next thing you know, he will be on EEI with all of the other negative clowns.

BelichickFan said:
Tomase says :
Curran says :

Good to see specific mention of his ability to run to the left.

Whenver folks would write off Dillon they always seemed to ignore that he was playing injured.

So many people seemed to question whether he was really injured and had lost his stuff, but yet they'd look at me like I had two heads when I noted his inability to cut to his left.

Good to hear Curran acknowledging that publically so I don't feel so alone out here.

re

This is good news, consistent with reports that Corey has been busting his ass this off-season.

Corey will be good this year.

Tomase is a fatboy baseball writer covering football because the baseball people got sick and tired of his increasingly off the wall anti Manny ranting a few years back. Kind of wore out his welcome on that beat with players and management. Remember his early jabs at BB during the owners meetings? Then how almost sheepishly he reported that people at the meetings seemed to genuinely like and respect this Belichick guy? He's feeling out his audience and trying to figure out how to best position his chubby butt in a new environment.

I take everything John says about football with a grain of salt (and a dollup of butter if it's handy)...

The only report I need to see is the Brady Q +A

Q: Did Corey [Dillon] look different out there to you? Is this the first time you've seen him this offseason?

TB: He's been here some, so we've seen him.

Q: Did he look more giddy-up-ish?

TB: Corey always looks good to me. He's a big powerful man. I'd hate to be on the other side of the ball with him coming at me. I'm not worried about Corey. Corey's got a great attitude and he's working hard and that's what we expect; that's what we expect from all the veterans, to really lead the younger guys and come in here and set the example.

I may be able to shed some light on this subject. I considered posting this yesterday but figured I would receive the same kind of treatment many of you are giving Tomase so I decided against it. But since he brought it up, I figured I would chime in.

I have a friend who is an executive with Monster.com. He golfed at the charity tournament yesterday and saw Dillon. Now I should say that my friend lives and breaths Patriots football. However, when he got home last night he called me and told me how big Dillon looked. He said he looked 15-20 pounds bigger than last year and he had a big butt and a bit of a gut. Now, in the last couple of weeks we have Carl Banks, John Tomase and my friend telling us that Dillon is out of shape and Curran saying he's running hard. My guess is three people who actually saw Dillon with their own eyes might be more accurate than Curran's very informative, "Corey Dillon is running hard and looks good." Aren't they in shorts? Anyone can run hard in shorts. I'm more concerned with the people who are telling us he's overweight. I love the Patriots but we now have three people saying Dillon is fat. I'm sorry but that raises a red flag with me.

I wonder if any other reporters will mention anything over the next couple of days. Again, I have not seen Dillon myself, just going by what someone told me.

Last edited:
SayHayes said:
Q: Did Corey [Dillon] look different out there to you? Is this the first time you've seen him this offseason?

TB: He's been here some, so we've seen him.

Q: Did he look more giddy-up-ish?

TB: Corey always looks good to me. He's a big powerful man. I'd hate to be on the other side of the ball with him coming at me. I'm not worried about Corey. Corey's got a great attitude and he's working hard and that's what we expect; that's what we expect from all the veterans, to really lead the younger guys and come in here and set the example.

And what would you expect Brady to say about a teammate?

Q-How did Corey Dillon look to you, Tom?

TB-He looked slow to be honest. I didnt see that burst of speed he had in 2004. The quickness just wasn't there either.

Even if Dillon looked like crap, do you really expect Brady to say that to the media?

patriotsrule said:
I may be able to shed some light on this subject. I considered posting this yesterday but figured I would receive the same kind of treatment many of you are giving Tomase so I decided against it. But since he brought it up, I figured I would chime in.

I have a friend who is an executive with Monster.com. He golfed at the charity tournament yesterday and saw Dillon. Now I should say that my friend lives and breaths Patriots football. However, when he got home last night he called me and told me how big Dillon looked. He said he looked 15-20 pounds bigger than last year and he had a big butt and a bit of a gut. Now, in the last couple of weeks we have Carl Banks, John Tomase and my friend telling us that Dillon is out of shape and Curran saying he's running hard. My guess is three people who actually saw Dillon with their own eyes might be more accurate than Curran's very informative, "Corey Dillon is running hard and looks good." Aren't they in shorts? Anyone can run hard in shorts. I'm more concerned with the people who are telling us he's overweight. I love the Patriots but we now have three people saying Dillon is fat. I'm sorry but that raises a red flag with me.

I wonder if any other reporters will mention anything over the next couple of days. Again, I have not seen Dillon myself, just going by what someone told me.

Curran was just on NEST. He said that he was at practice today and did not think Corey looked heavy.

He said that anyone who sees Corey for the first time in shorts and wiithout pads would think he's big. But, Corey IS big at 6'2 and 235.

Not saying your friend is wrong or right just repeating what Curran said and Curran did see Corey today.

I agree you wouldnt expect to hear bad things come out of Brady, but if they didn't get a long and just were teamates you wouldn't hear the detail he gave. "attitude"

PATSNUTme said:
Curran was just on NEST. He said that he was at practice today and did not think Corey looked heavy.

He said that anyone who sees Corey for the first time in shorts and wiithout pads would think he's big. But, Corey IS big at 6'2 and 235.

Not saying your friend is wrong or right just repeating what Curran said and Curran did see Corey today.

Yes, I guess we are just going to have to wait and see for ourselves. Like I said, it will be interesting to see if we get any other thoughts on the subject from other writers.

Besides pining away for AV most of the time, Felger managed to add that Dillon looked like a fat-as*s. At this point it's hard to take anything he says seriously. As far as I'm concerned, even if Dillon is at 245-250 now, it isn't a big deal. His playing weight is 235-240 (his listed weight is circa 1998), and he has 3 months to get there. As long as his legs are healthy and he still likes inflicting pain on the enemy, I expect big things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick