PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Combine Talk: Running Backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid of exactly three things: Nuclear war, Carnies, and Gartrell Johnson's thighs.

What can you tell me about Gartrell? I saw him run today and saw those huge thighs one of the NFL net guys joked about Earl Cambell thighs.

I think his time was 4.71 and they said he was 6'1 like 237

Draft Scout or one of those had him as a 5th or 6th is that accurate?

Last edited:
What can you tell me about Gartrell? I saw him run today and saw those huge thighs one of the NFL net guys joked about Earl Cambell thighs.

I think his time was 4.71 and they said he was 6'1 like 237

Draft Scout or one of those had him as a 5th or 6th is that accurate?
He was 5'10" 219. NFL Draft Scout has him as a late 6/early 7. He's a good power runner, but I'd not say any better than B-Jeepers. He is a better receiver than BJeepers though.

I really like Rashad Jennings. He's obviously strong and showed good hands. If he were to fall to the Pats in the 3rd I'd hope they take him.

Again I don't take much stock in 40 times for RBs. I'd be more interested in the 1st 10 yards if anything.

Last edited:
5 Arrests? Nope.

errr......ok........missed that part, but it seems as though it is all in the relative distant past as he has been out of trouble for some time and seemed to have turned it around.........

The Best : College : Abilene Reporter-News

he's been out of trouble for a couple of years and it could have been a maturity thing......the guy has mind-boggling numbers and followed it up by being pretty fast and the most mobile guy in the bunch.........I'd give him a shot over some guy who has no chance

Could it be that the NFL is using a different system to time the draft prospects in the 40 this year? Electronic timing tends to result in slower times than hand timing.

The official timings are coming from the electronic timers... NOT the hand timers... And that is one of the major differences.

Personally, they should be using the electronic timers.. they should be more accurate.

As long as the Patriots don't take a 1st round RB again, I'll be happy. There's a few mid-range guys that could end up as good players.

I had a chance to watch Peerman quite a bit the last two years. Not a player. He'll look good doing the athletic tests, but it just doesn't show on the field. Tentative runner, plays considerably slower than he runs in shorts, and puts the ball on the ground an alarming amount. I don't want him in camp. Even as a UDFA, he'd be taking up a valuable spot that could be used elsewhere.

:wha:Not the same player I've seen several times. We seriously disagree -- end of subject.

I think Bill knows better than to judge a player based on his 40 time in shorts and tshirt. Question is, would Bill take someone like Benie or Knowshon if they drop to us?

I would consider Knowshon, but not Beanie. If you think Maroney has a hard time staying on the field just wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes