Colvin quickly becoming a team leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=157470

It would seem from all I've read of his comments this year and from his increasing better play, that Colvin is taking a more visible leadership role on this team. Alot of fans worried about who would fill the leadership role after Willie left but between Vrabel, Colvin, Wilfork and the old leaders of Harrison, Bruschi and Seymour I think they don't need to worry. IT wouldn't surprise me to see Hobbs stepping up for the CB's either.

Colvin:
Deion was a friend of mine, but Deion can’t do anything for us now, just like Lawyer couldn’t do anything for us after he got released and moved on to Buffalo,†linebacker Rosevelt Colvin said. “If you want to sit around and mope and groan and gripe, it’s not going to be a good experience when you get on the field because you’re going to get your head beat in. I think the best thing we can do is move forward.â€

Hobbs:
“We barely talked about Deion, as is,†Hobbs said. “If you’re not in that locker room, if you’re not in that meeting room, your name will barely be brought up. So definitely Lawyer Milloy is not entering our mnds.â€

No kidding. Sitting around moping, groaning, and griping is OUR job.

RI Pats Fan said:

I was thinking that, and when I scrolled down...THERE IT WAS!

I am quickly beginning to think that Colvin's much predicted "Monster Year" is upon us. When he riled the crowd and then DELIVERED PLAYS HIMSELF on the following two snaps I knew he was making that leap. Hopefully it continues all season.

It won't hurt having Seau in there as a rotational LB. Another high-spirit guy who doesn't mind throwing himself at a 300 lb guard. He doesn't have the cache of Colvin, who's in his prime and gets it done on the field, but he's another leader.

RI Pats Fan said:
And we have a quite a few ALL-PROs, too!

Seems as though Hobbs is going to make a pretty nice leader Also some day.Thats a sharp comment from him as well.

I think it is always a mistake to take a player's public comments and things such as that and decide who is or isn't a leader on a team.

We've seen far too many guys in this town (Mo Vaughn and Lawyer Milloy immediately come to mind) portrayed as great leaders because of what they do publicly only to find out later that there were plenty of guys in the locker room who didn't consider them a team leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft