PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin/Colts marriage imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not at all. When a player had been with Pats for so long, he definitelys knows how the D or O works. Of course, another team would like to have this information to keep Pats in check.

Um, "Secret" is the most stupid idea ever.

Say you have a "secret" play. For argument sake say it is a 0-7-4 defense as a regular base and the genius found a way to minimize its faults etc.

No one knows about your secret 0-7 defense. Until you use it.

After 1 play the opposing team knows the secret. The other teams will need to get the game films, but after 1 game the other 31 teams know about the super secret 0-7-4 defense.

So by your logic, if some punk wishes for harm to come to your sister, you should wish for harm to come to his sister. I mean, never mind that his sister never had any ill feelings for you, go right ahead and wish the worst for her.

So, in the 2006 AFCC when Peyton was shaking his hand you said a little prayer for him?:rolleyes:

Yep. An eye for an eye. Old and maybe a little outdated but I guaruntee you head removal in the Middle East would cut down if we took the Geneva handcuffs off the Marines. Same thing here. I love Rosie and I'd never wish a serious injury on him... just a nagging one. Peyton though, I hope he blows both knees out and breaks his back in the first play of the first game of the season. Yep, I went there.

Wrong. I hope Peyton gets a nagging injury that makes him OK sometimes but never like he was. I want him to struggle through it for years.:)

Wrong. I hope Peyton gets a nagging injury that makes him OK sometimes but never like he was. I want him to struggle through it for years.:)

I hope all of the Mannings, and the Irsays, and NaPolian, and Dad of the Year Dungheap, and ManJudas, and the Omissioner, and all the mediots (incl. the ex-jock jealous hypocrites) who are trying to destroy our franchise, all die long, excruciatingly painful deaths, starting immediately.

Um, "Secret" is the most stupid idea ever.

Say you have a "secret" play. For argument sake say it is a 0-7-4 defense as a regular base and the genius found a way to minimize its faults etc.

No one knows about your secret 0-7 defense. Until you use it.

After 1 play the opposing team knows the secret. The other teams will need to get the game films, but after 1 game the other 31 teams know about the super secret 0-7-4 defense.

are you telling me that you don't know how everything works after spending X year in a company.?

I hope all of the Mannings, and the Irsays, and NaPolian, and Dad of the Year Dungheap, and ManJudas, and the Omissioner, and all the mediots (incl. the ex-jock jealous hypocrites) who are trying to destroy our franchise, all die long, excruciatingly painful deaths, starting immediately.

Yeah... you took a little far there, chief. Maybe sit down somewhere and take a breather?

I actually had to restrain myself, and refrain from saying how I really felt, while I was typing.

According Sirius NFL Radio, Colvin said that Cleveland and the Jets are also interested in bringing him in.

I heard the same thing on EEI. Ugh-just picturing him in a Jets uni makes me cringe. So does picturing him in horseshoes, but at least Indy's his home so it's a little bit more palatable to me.
I hope he goes to Cleveland....:)

The r-a-t-s have to much $$ invested in the OLB position, whereas the brownies will be losing Willie Mac after this season. A rotation of Willie, Rosie, Antwan Peek and Kamerion Wimbley would look pretty good. Just as long as Rosie doesn't defect to the dolts or r-a-t-s.

Why is anyone worried about where he goes?
Lets make a list of all the BB castoffs that played anywhere near as well after leaving.

OK Im done with the list, anyone else?

Lets make a list of all the BB castoffs that played anywhere near as well after leaving.

On the whole, I agree, Andy, but Colvin was pretty good with the Bears before he came to us, some might say he did better there than in BB's system. IMHO, 2 factors determined Colvin's leaving--besides his reluctance to restructure (this is a guy who mows his own lawn because he doesn't want to pay someone $50 to do it), there was the nagging issues of setting the edge and covering the flat. Colvin wanted to rush the passer. That's where the money is.

The latest fourth hand rumor picked up on some mesaage boards has Colvin talking to the Jets and the Browns. Apparently this was reported in the Dayton Daily News, yet when I googled a few key words nothing came up from that newspaper. I checked a yahoo hit and - surprise - it led me back to Pro Football Talk. There actually was a story in that Dayton paper, but when you get to the bottom it says "click here for more from this blogger" which leads to a web site I never heard of. The under belly of blogging and the web, not sure how much faith to put in to the story or how faithful it was to the actual interview.

Anyways, just so you don't have to go to PFT, here are the other links.
Dayton Daily News
Author's Blogging Web Site

Former Bears and Patriots linebacker Rosevelt Colvin did an interview earlier today on Sirus NFL Radio, and stated that despite his release from the Pats this offseason, he’s already gotten some calls from teams in regards to his services. Two teams that Colvin pointed out as being in contact with are the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets, two teams that could use some help at the LB spot.

Last season Colvin played in 11 games, making just 27 tackles, four sacks and one interceptions. In five seasons with the Pats, he was never quite the player they thought he would be. His first season was scrapped with an injury that ended his season after just two games. In 2004 he had just 32 tackles, and in 05 61. In Chicago his best season was 2001, when he had 70 tackles, 10.5 sacks and two picks.

Colvin pointed out his history with Browns coach Romeo Crennel, who was the Pats D-coordinator during part of his tenure there. He was a fourth-round pick of the Bears back in 1999. Colvin will land a job somewhere, and you can bet the Browns and Jets will keep their options open to seeing where he fits in there plans.

Logic never entered my mind:p

The Vinitraitor.

The epitome of traitorousness:mad: AV going to the Colts was a shot heard round the world at the time.
After everything that's happened,Rosie playing for Mangini would be just as bad.
Anyway,AV got another ring that year but he had his share of misses too.His very first FG attempt back at Gillette comes to mind:singing:
Then again, Indy won that Ravens game just on his FGs. He's not only done well by them but he earned himself a 4th ring besides.He's probably the only one who's had real success post-Pats.
We had him in his prime though, and he'll forever be remembered for what he did here in NE, not for anything he's done in Indy.Hopefully it stays that way.

The epitome of traitorousness:mad: AV going to the Colts was a shot heard round the world at the time.
After everything that's happened,Rosie playing for Mangini would be just as bad.
Anyway,AV got another ring that year but he had his share of misses too.His very first FG attempt back at Gillette comes to mind:singing:
Then again, Indy won that Ravens game just on his FGs. He's not only done well by them but he earned himself a 4th ring besides.He's probably the only one who's had real success post-Pats.
We had him in his prime though, and he'll forever be remembered for what he did here in NE, not for anything he's done in Indy.Hopefully it stays that way.

Colvin was cut. AV was not. There is a difference between someone rooting through my trash and rooting through my refrigerator.

There is a difference between someone rooting through my trash and rooting through my refrigerator.

I really like that phrase showing the difference btwn. Rosie and the effin Vinitraitor, but I still hope that Rosie doesn't sign with either the dolts or r-a-t-s.

Last edited:
Heh, go to ColtFreaks. In one thread, they say our LBs are too old and all that jazz. In a separate thread, they say they would love to have Colvin and he would add much needed depth behind Freeney who might have a problem doing 360 degree spins this year with that injury. I wish I could post there to call them out but, unfortunately, they already banned me for doing that.

I heard Mangini on Sirius NFL radio say that he hasn't spoken to Colvin, but his mother makes a great pie. Not shocking that Mangini would like Colvin's mother's baked goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft