PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colvin agrees to terms with Texans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First let me say I am a Texans fan, and this is my first post, and I come in peace! Really though, I love watching the Pats as long as their not beating up on the Texans, and I have the utmost respect for your team and organization.

I was curious what Patriot's fans opinion on Colvin is so I decided to sign up in case I had any questions for you guys, but so far after reading I am liking what I see. We are pretty excited about adding him opposite Mario Williams and using him as a situational Passing down DE.

Last edited:
First let me say I am a Texans fan, and this is my first post, and I come in peace! Really though, I love watching the Pats as long as their not beating up on the Texans, and I have the utmost respect for your team and organization.

I was curious what Patriot's fans opinion on Colvin is so I decided to sign up in case I had any questions for you guys, but so far after reading I am liking what I see. We are pretty excited about adding him opposite Mario Williams and using him as a situational Passing down DE.

Colvin has some pretty good pass rushing skills when healthy. The problem is that he hasn't been healthy lately for the Pats, and with Adalius Thomas here, he became expendable. I'm glad he's playing for the Texans and not the Colts. He can be a pretty good player, when healthy. Best of luck Rosie, just not against the Pats. :)

Colvin's only real downside is that he's a bit injury prone. When healthy, he does a great job getting after the QB, and is not a liability against the run or dropping into short coverage. Vrabel benefited greatly from the added attention payed to Colvin, and Williams should as well.

Last edited:

Colvin's much more than situational pass rusher. He is very good in coverage, and has tremendous ball skills. The press has made a big deal out of Adalius' ability to jam receivers in coverage (with the Ravens), but it was Colvin who I saw doing that for the Pats this year when needed.

He's solid all around and tough too. At the very least the Texans got some solid vet mentorship.

I have no idea what the Texans' needs are but Rosie can definitely bring some heat;) Ugh I was so bummed with his last injury-right before he'd had such a great game against the Chargers :(

His roots are in Indy so it wouldn't have been a major shock if he'd signed there, but I'm glad he didn't. Thank you Rosie, and good luck!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=A4hSec7F2LI&feature=related

AFC South just got a lot more interesting.

He's more than a situational player. My impression has been that he is quick, fiesty and will leave nothing on the field except the thorns in Manning's side. Best of luck to Rosie and the Texans. Hopefully they have some nationally televised games this year.

good for him. Glad we wont be seeing him at least once a year

Great news for him, great news for us as others have said - can't wait to see him hammer Peyton 2x per year, and it means we don't face him much if ever during his next contract. He was a class act, if a little injury prone, but he did well for us, hope he does well for them.

Thanks for all the input and well wishes. We are really hoping he helps us with our pass rush. With the exception of Mario Williams our pass rush was non existent. Now this should help take some of the double teams off Mario and solidify our front four. Thanks again, and good luck to you guys this season, and do us a favor and punch Manning and Indy in the mouth in week 9. :D

those people still exist? I for one am surprised

but as others have said, colvin is an above average player, be it at OLB or DE

he may not be a full time starter, but he will come in when he is called and excel

I know two Texans fans..

The people I believe that are a figment of my imagination are Atlanta Falcons fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes