PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts release DT Ed Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Peterson has to be licking his chops. My guess is Colts will dare
minny to pass. And, stack the line of scrimmage. Like they did KC in that playoff game in 06. Shut down LJ. We'll see if T.Jackson can make them pay.

I think we will sign another DT. Who? no idea.

There are a few around who could help but the Colts just cannot get some luck in that position.Ever.

We are on page 3 on something that has to do with the Colts and Rob has not said a thing yet?:eek:

Last edited:
way to go Colts. I like the message they are sending. I really do.

It is ok to shoot at children and own crappy carwash businesses, but you can't do drugs.

ICSB,

You ready to admit that I may be right that the Colts might drop from elite status. At least there is a possibility of Colts struggling to make the playoffs which you weren't ready to accept a week ago?

I just got a bad feel about your team all offseason and it just seems to be one bad break after another. Luckily for you guys, the Jags may be in worse shape with karma and injuries right now than the Colts and who knows what the Vince Young saga will do to the Titans.

It is ok to shoot at children and own crappy carwash businesses, but you can't do drugs.

I knew we could count on you, Keegs. ;)

That comment was uncalled for and totally untrue. It is never ok to own a crappy carwash business. :D

ICSB,

You ready to admit that I may be right that the Colts might drop from elite status. At least there is a possibility of Colts struggling to make the playoffs which you weren't ready to accept a week ago?

I just got a bad feel about your team all offseason and it just seems to be one bad break after another. Luckily for you guys, the Jags may be in worse shape with karma and injuries right now than the Colts and who knows what the Vince Young saga will do to the Titans.

Yeah our division looks like **** right now.Actually no I think we make the playoffs and win our division. I think we are one of the few AFC teams who have the tools to get it done right now.I already moved on from the game Sunday.It's how you finish not start and right now the AFC is not too intimidating.Nobody is having good luck right now and I have seen worse than us.Players are dropping and going on IR all over the league. No excuses, we have to start winning and starting this weekend and I agree with what Manning has been saying.

Actually I am used to DT disasters so this does not suprise me.

Only good news is Saturday returned to practice today and may play Sunday. May being the word here-depends on how his knee is at the end of the week. I am suprised, he must feel he is needed or he is just that tough.

Last edited:
Yeah our division looks like **** right now.Actually no I think we make the playoffs and win our division. I think we are one of the few AFC teams who have the tools to get it done right now.I already moved on from the game Sunday.It's how you finish not start and right now the AFC is not too intimidating.Nobody is having good luck right now and I have seen worse than us.Players are dropping and going on IR all over the league. No excuses, we have to start winning and starting this weekend and I agree with what Manning has been saying.

Actually I am used to DT disasters so this does not suprise me.

Only good news is Saturday returned to practice today and may play Sunday. May being the word here-depends on how his knee is at the end of the week. I am suprised, he must feel he is needed or he is just that tough.

I seriously doubt Saturday plays this weekend sprained MCLs don't heal that quickly. If he tries to play, he will probably be far less than 100%, but then again that may be better than what you had last Sunday.

I still think you guys are going to have o-line problems for a while and defensive problems all year. In 2006, you overcame your regular season defensive problems with your offense, but I think your o-line is going to make it tough to do that.

I still stand by my 10-6 prediction, but think it may be enough to win the South with the problems the other teams have in that division right now.

I seriously doubt Saturday plays this weekend sprained MCLs don't heal that quickly. If he tries to play, he will probably be far less than 100%, but then again that may be better than what you had last Sunday.

Who knows right now. It's up in the air. But, he would certainly help Manning with the line calls even if far less than 100% and would also make teams respect our line much more.

We'll see what happens this week. Not holding my breath but it would be nice to have him back. I wonder if he is pushing himself.Likely he is.Dungy said he could play, usually there are more cautious with injured players it seems.If not I would think he may return for the third game.

Will be interesting to keep track of this.

Last edited:
Who knows right now. It's up in the air. But, he would certainly help Manning with the line calls even if far less than 100% and would also make teams respect our line much more.

We'll see what happens this week. Not holding my breath but it would be nice to have him back. I wonder if he is pushing himself.Likely he is.Dungy said he could play, usually there are more cautious with injured players it seems.If not I would think he may return for the third game.

Will be interesting to keep track of this.

The problem with Dungy or Polian talking about injuries, they seem to be quite frequently overly optimistic about key player's returns. In Marvin Harrison and Bob Sanders' case, they jumped the gun by about 2-3 months.

Good on ya, Keegs.

Eff the Irksays, eff NaPolian, eff Dad of the Year Dungheap, eff all of the Mannings, and esp. eff all of the dolts' pathetic, ignorant, hayseed fanboys. Eff all y'all to Hell.

That comment was uncalled for and totally untrue. It is never ok to own a crappy carwash business. :D

LOL!

It is OK (apparently) for a guy to shoot another guy (and hurt an innocent kid bystander) as long as the guy who was shot chooses not to cooperate because he does not wish the motives, his own sexual orientation, and the sexual orientation of the "single, never married, no girlfriend" 30-something wealthy pro athlete shooter. That would get messy, and you wouldn't have checks to cash with a blue background and horseshoes on them.

just sayin'...

;)

Last edited:
He'll be a "Rai-duh" by Friday.

u sure he aint going to the boys? it seems they want to take a certain title away from cincy...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Colts waived NT Ed Johnson.

Johnson was a great story last year, starting all 16 games after making the Colts as an undrafted free agent, but that's old news after he was arrested for marijuana possession. The Colts' interior line is in much poorer shape now, but they were willing to make this sacrifice based on principle.

I give the Colts credit. I realize he's not a pro bowler, but some teams would keep a starter no matter what (see Cincy). Smart decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back