PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts bring back RB Dominic Rhodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did dhamz say that ruffled your feathers?

I see him saying that Dominic Rhodes got screwed out of the MVP award in SB 41 because of Peyton's mystique and Peyton should not have been MVP because Rhodes played a better game for his team and was the main reason why they won THAT game!.

I don't see where in his post that he said Peyton was not a great QB - Do you read or see something from his post that I didn't read? :confused:

I can just read between the lines. Manning played great in the SB and he directs every aspect of that offense. If Rhodes ran the ball it's because Manning said so. I've never seen a QB play on that stage in a monsoon and direct that offense the way he did. IMO Brady is the greatest to ever play but even he won an MVP without gaudy SB numbers. I know credit to anything Manning is forbidden here but like I said, maybe I'm too old.

I read ad museum from various media outlets that Addai had a broken bone in his chest. I'd like to see you play and take square hits with that injury. I only wish Maroney wasn't so soft. I like Maroney but it's clear he'll never be what we need at RB.

Show one link that said Addai had a broken bone in the chest.

Maroney showed the end of last year, he has what it takes to be exactly what we need at RB. He will just need to show he can stay on the field. If what Maroney did at the end of last year is the true Maroney, he will be far better than Addai is.

Show one link that said Addai had a broken bone in the chest.

Anything else I can do for you? There are probably more articles but this is the one that I saw immediately. Google is great isn't it?:rolleyes:
http://fantasyhockey.usatoday.com/content/clubhouse.asp?sport=NFL&majteam=IND&line=107954

Joseph Addai rushed 13 times for 32 yards and two touchdowns. He caught three passes for 49 yards and a touchdown in Week 14.

Addai may not have totaled many yards, but he had three touchdowns in a little over a quarter. Perhaps the most interesting note on Addai was the revelation that he has been nursing a fractured bone on the left side of his chest. Clearly, it caused him no problems in this crisp effort and he should make up those yards against the Raiders in Week 15.

Last edited:
I can just read between the lines. Manning played great in the SB and he directs every aspect of that offense. If Rhodes ran the ball it's because Manning said so. I've never seen a QB play on that stage in a monsoon and direct that offense the way he did. IMO Brady is the greatest to ever play but even he won an MVP without gaudy SB numbers. I know credit to anything Manning is forbidden here but like I said, maybe I'm too old.

Your profile says you're only 26. And please stop acting like your opinion is holier than thou. Your posts reek of arrogance.

That said, I do agree with everything you're saying about Manning. Without Manning, the Colts are not the Colts and come nowhere near close to contending for the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. Same thing can be said about Brady.

Your profile says you're only 26. And please stop acting like your opinion is holier than thou. Your posts reek of arrogance.

That said, I do agree with everything you're saying about Manning. Without Manning, the Colts are not the Colts and come nowhere near close to contending for the playoffs, much less the Super Bowl. Same thing can be said about Brady.

My son is 26. I am 54. I don't mean to come off as arrogant. For that I do apologize. I just get irritated. Sorry.

My son is 26. I am 54. I don't mean to come off as arrogant. For that I do apologize. I just get irritated. Sorry.

Apology accepted. At least you're passionate about the team. Bonus points for that.

OK, now I don't know what we're arguing.
Are you just saying that Addai is a mediocre back period? Or that Maroney is better? Or that Dillon (who has over 2,000 more carries) is better than Addai?

I don't get what your point is. You think Addai gets too much media attention and didn't produce enough?

And your stats are skewed, brotha. I know exactly what list you're looking at to see that Addai was 26th is YPC, and you're leaving part of the story out. On that list, there are 7 players ahead of Addai who had less than 150 carries on the season. You know who's on top of that list? Jerious Norwood. Is he the best back in the NFL in your eyes?

And 14th in the NFL in rushing is pedestrian? What the heck does that mean? He's in the top half, dude, and he missed a game.
Umm, yeah, 14th in a field of 32 is definately pedestrian. It is average.

And I don't care how many players were ahead or behind him. 3.4 ypc is nothing to brag about. Especially on a pass-first team where there is usually only 6 men in the box facing the runner.

I read ad nauseam from various media outlets that Addai had a broken bone in his chest. I'd like to see you play and take square hits with that injury. I only wish Maroney wasn't so soft. I like Maroney but it's clear he'll never be what we need at RB.
What's this "we" stuff?

You spend all day praising the Colts and trasing the Pats, and then say "we"?

There's no "we" in jericurlpats.

Be honest. Man up.

I must just be too old to believe some of the crap I read here. How can anyone, even a Pats fan, hate on an all time great QB like Manning? It irks me all the same when a Colts fan behaves so asinine towards Brady. I think I finally figured it out, I'm on a message board with a bunch of teenyboppin' homers who are so blind they can't see the two greatest QB's of all time playing in the same era. I'm certain you one of the fools who claimed that Manning would never win a SB. I'm sure you were while I sat back and realized how stupid you all sounded. Manning is a champion and in some people's minds he'll be the greatest to ever play. Tom is a champion as well and in our minds he'll be the greatest to ever play just as others think it's Favre, Montana, Elway, or even Marino. Time to man up. To make comments like what you made just shows your idiocy and lack of love for and appreciation for the game of football.

Thinking Rhodes was the MVP of the Super Bowl (and I do) is no different than thinking Brady not Deion Branch was the MVP of the Super Bowl (I think that as well) and that Ty Law or many other Pats defenders were MVP over Brady in the first Super Bowl (believe that too).

Does that mean I also hate on Brady and think he isn't a great QB either? Where did I say Manning was not a great QB?

Time to man up. Making knee jerk reaction posts where you read things between the lines that aren't there just shows your idiocy.

Last edited:
TB's performance has been upward while PM's one has been downward.

I read ad nauseam from various media outlets that Addai had a broken bone in his chest. I'd like to see you play and take square hits with that injury. I only wish Maroney wasn't so soft. I like Maroney but it's clear he'll never be what we need at RB.

And yet you don't give credit to Maroney for playing with what Tomase described as "torn cartilage in his rib cage" and a shoulder that was bad enough to warrant offseason surgery. Addai's a tough guy for playing through a fracture, but Maroney's soft because he only played through separated rib cartilage and what was described as "fairly significant damage" to his injured shoulder.

How long have you been a Colts fan?

I do not care about the Colts, I do not like the Colts.
I do not care who they pick up. Unless it is God himself, the Pats are still gonna knock the slobber out of the Colts when we meet in the regular season.
Rinse and repeat in the postseason.
Peyton, say hello to Mayo and field turf. Get used to it.

Ha dont count on it. We bolstered our OL in this year's draft and Mike Pollack should be a very good OG for us. If Harrison is close to 100%, the Pats defense will not have a shot to stop the Colts Offense. Your secondary is a joke. Your best CB is Ellis Hobbs. Peyton should tear up that secondary using his many weapons in Harrison, Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark, and Addai. And the game will be in our NEW house, so the fans will be louder than ever.

Actually this just changed our offense a lot. We went from a weak RB corps to a strong one.

2007- Addai, Keith, Dawson
2008- Addai, Rhodes, Hart

You tell me which is stronger.

Rhodes isn't a starter in this league. He's not a "feature back," but I challenge you to find another RB who has a 100+ yard Super Bowl under his belt, is under 30, and who would sign for less than a million a year. You don't think that's a valuable pickup?

I do have to agree that the signing is a win-win for the Colts and Rhodes. The Colts are a better team with Rhodes available, and Rhodes is better off with the Colts than with any other team.

I'm just curious how Saint Tony Dungy will react to Keith, Rhodes, and Harrison and their recent activities? Is he now accepting indiscretions? Before you react to certain Pats players, I realize what they have done. The difference is that Dungy has a history of near zero tolerance; not only on his own team, but on other teams' behaviour as well.

No big threat bringing in Rhodes. Unless to improve on their "bad boy" killers reputation. Or help out in how to get out of problems with Authorities like Marvin.

Thinking Rhodes was the MVP of the Super Bowl (and I do) is no different than thinking Brady not Deion Branch was the MVP of the Super Bowl (I think that as well) and that Ty Law or many other Pats defenders were MVP over Brady in the first Super Bowl (believe that too).

Does that mean I also hate on Brady and think he isn't a great QB either? Where did I say Manning was not a great QB?

Time to man up. Making knee jerk reaction posts where you read things between the lines that aren't there just shows your idiocy.

I agree w/everything you say, except I think Rodney should have been MVP of the last SB, not Deion or Brady.

No big threat bringing in Rhodes. Unless to improve on their "bad boy" killers reputation. Or help out in how to get out of problems with Authorities like Marvin.

It's just a way to get more police at the games. I mean, they have a new stadium and all.

I agree w/everything you say, except I think Rodney should have been MVP of the last SB, not Deion or Brady.

I guess that your also must be an idiot and have no love for football then. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes