PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collinsworth: 'You will see a different Ravens team vs Pats'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entirely possible, but is that good or bad for the Ravens? They've been MUCH better at home vs. on the road this year

Most know -- including many Raven fans -- if the Ravens put in an offensive performance like they did versus Houston.....then couple that with them being on the road facing a slightly better offense than TJ Yates (a Tom Brady led offense:D), that is a formula for a likely Patriot victory. Many pundits will build up certain aspects of each team to fit their explanations of why 'the team I pick will win' or at minimum 'here is why this game will be dramatic'.

Thick skin is needed here! There will be pundits (some of them knucklehead pundits) who think Baltimore will win and there is an argument to be made for that position. As Patriot fans, (regardless of our weak spots) we can take comfort that we never got blown out, not once. 2 of our 3 losses required 4th quarter comebacks by the opposition. Our one bad loss we were an extra time out or two from having a real chance to tie the game (anyone believe if we get that ball back with 1 extra minute and 1 T.O., we likely don't get that TD against Pitt?).
The BB led, TB QBing Patriots has shown all season long we can win anytime, anywhere, anyplace IF we play smart football, IF we keep TB upright, and BB makes the needed adjustments. We have done all three of those so many times, we should feel good we will do it here.

If the Pats win, I'm going to ignore the mediots and relive the season via my game recordings, in order :cool: Nice, long, drawn out enjoyment, without distraction :D

I have found I am better off ignorning them all together, win or lose.

Help me out here. Collinsworth clearly feels the Giants have a better chance at an upset than the Ravens. So it's not as if he's disrespecting the Patriots. He's just saying the Ravens played one way at home against a rookie 3rd stringer and will open it up against the Patriots. Seems like a pretty reasonable thing to say to me. Not earth-shattering but some of you are acting like he's disparaging your team.

Many fan bases are ridiculously overcritical of those who aren't 100% positive about their teams. Nowhere is it worse than in the NY/NE area. Also, the lack of 100% adoration need only be perceived, as opposed to actual.

Last edited:
I don't know if we will see a whole different team from the Ravens. Cam Cameron is as vanilla as a milkshake. I don't think he will radically change the gameplan because he doesn't do that. We are not going to see them allow Flacco to turn into Brady.

On defense, they might approach the game differently. The Ravens dared Yates to throw the ball. They are not going to do that with Brady.

BTW, I don't like Collinsworth, but I have absolutely no problem with what he said. He think the Ravens are less likely to be the upset team. I have listened and watched a lot of other national guys out there and there are several guys out there who act like the Pats shouldn't even show up because barring a fluke the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl (mostly because the Ravens crushed the Pats in 2009). Collinsworth isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Well, I sure hope so. Having another playoff game ending midway through the second quarter would be kind of boring.

BTW, I don't like Collinsworth, but I have absolutely no problem with what he said. He think the Ravens are less likely to be the upset team. I have listened and watched a lot of other national guys out there and there are several guys out there who act like the Pats shouldn't even show up because barring a fluke the Ravens are going to the Super Bowl (mostly because the Ravens crushed the Pats in 2009). Collinsworth isn't one of them.

I'm hearing a lot of this too. A lot of, "Baltimore's defense will shutdown the Patriots offense just like the SF defense shut down the Saints." (Think about that for a minute...)

OR, I hear a lot of, "If New England wins, it will be extremely close." Like that matters. Just win, Brady!

Well, I sure hope so. Having another playoff game ending midway through the second quarter would be kind of boring.

I enjoy it when the Patriots destroy other teams.

I'm hearing a lot of this too. A lot of, "Baltimore's defense will shutdown the Patriots offense just like the SF defense shut down the Saints." (Think about that for a minute...)

OR, I hear a lot of, "If New England wins, it will be extremely close." Like that matters. Just win, Brady!

LOL! So if the Pats offense has 472 yards and 32 points, I don't see how the Ravens could possibly win. The Ravens scored more than 32 points once this season and that is because they scored 21 points on defense against the Jets.

San Fran is not an offensive juggernaut, but they have a better offense than the Ravens. And I think the Pats actually have a better defense than the Saints.

I just wish the money was on the Ravens...I hate Pats being the favorite especially by that many points.

The only good that could come from this would be a BLOWOUT by the Patriots to shut the mediots up.

LOL! So if the Pats offense has 472 yards and 32 points, I don't see how the Ravens could possibly win. The Ravens scored more than 32 points once this season and that is because they scored 21 points on defense against the Jets.

San Fran is not an offensive juggernaut, but they have a better offense than the Ravens. And I think the Pats actually have a better defense than the Saints.

Why do you say San Fran has a better offense than the Ravens.

It certainly cannot be because of the number of skill players.

Smith > Flacco ??? I think not.

Please expound.

yeah i think he's got a good point here.

the same incidentally goes for the Pats. remember when they crushed the Bucs in preseason and then came out completely flat and got run over by the Lions. granted it was preseason but it's a pattern they get in sometimes.... its about matchups.

and you know what, its not good how everyone's calling Flacco overrated blah blah blah this week. last thing i want is more motivation for him.

i think the last time i was this nervous/excited for a Pats game was 06 against the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News