PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Collective thoughts on yesterday's game and the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsChamp88

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
On the Ravens:

-The loosing team generally has advantage in a rematch which I believe benefited the Ravens somewhat yesterday.

-Continuing with that last thought I felt the Ravens clearly learned from their mistakes on offense from the first game, their gameplan was clear and simple. They beat us in a game of smash-mouth football out matching our defense physically by running the ball down our throats. I think it was smart because Flacco didn't look comfortable and I don't think he was 100% coming into this game.

-Make no mistake the Ravens are a good ball club and were the superior team in this game but I wonder how many points their offense would have put up in the regular season game had they used a more balanced approach.

On our offense:

-Contrary to what people say I feel the offense lost the game yesterday, sure the defense didn't help but if you turn the ball over four times you better believe its going to be an uphill battle. In my opinion the offense only scored one touchdown that counted and seven points is not going to win many games.

-This game reminded me of the first Jets game without Welker the offense couldn't sustain or finish off a drive. We had the ball inside the Ravens territory numerous times and came away with one touchdown.

-The offensive line was dominated all game and the attempts to move the pocket showed how well the Ravens not only prepared for this game but how disciplined their defense was. On the plays where Brady was alone versus a Ravens defender I thought someone should have leaked out in the flat so he could dump it off instead of almost getting killed and then one time throwing an interception but perhaps the play wasn't designed that way.

-I thought the pass plays on offense often took so long to develop we might as well have had Brady kneel down it was ugly, Brady had no chance. I wish I could have seen down the field to see what the receivers were doing or how well they were covered.

-Where were the quick slants over the middle? the only quick pass plays were the obvious screens to Edelman that the Ravens read and destroyed. Obviously the plan to get rid of the ball quickly wasn't there (I miss you Welker) or didn't execute so the Ravens ate us alive like any aggressive defense.

-To me it seemed they were challenging us to throw it to Moss and when he finally started getting involved on the offense the ball moved down the field decently.

-This season offensively I thought was a disappointment overall but it's understandable to a point considering we didn't have an offensive coordinator (McDaniels would have really helped) and Brady hadn't played football for a year.

On our defense:

-The Ravens took advantage of our defense by out performing them physically with exceptional blocking which is something you can't scheme against.

-I was impressed by Ray Rice and the Ravens ability to make our defense guess one way and run it in another.

-I think most of the time teams get it in their head that they have to pass versus the Patriots because either we score first or they think we will score a lot. Using that strategy teams end up giving us more possessions and chances to score (which I like).

-Look this defense is young with a lot of new starters but the coaching staff has done a good job filing holes other teams could potentially take advantage of. Belichick's defensive gameplans and scheming is something I'm consistently impressed with and with some more experience combined with some more talent I think we aren't far away from being a really good defense.

Finally I would like to say we were all spoiled by the 2007 season and will all the bandwagon fans leave because your unbelievably annoying. Lets kickass this offseason because we have our work cut our next year (see schedule)!

Last edited:
Re: Thoughts on yesterday's game...

Man I'm glad I got that off my chest but I would enjoy some other posters input.. Also I really think Seymour would have really helped in this game contrary to what most people think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes