PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton's questions for the AFC, take on the Pats..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From ESPN, Clayton asks questions about all of the AFC teams, the questions for the Pats pale in comparison to the other teams in our division, while all the teams play well against each other.. would rather have 4 speedy receivers scenario than a QB question, O line questions or D questions. He did not even consider Chad Jackson on his assessment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2860110

The Bills:
Are the Bills really better at linebacker without Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher?

The Dolphins:
So who is the Dolphins' starting quarterback?

The Jets:
Is Anthony Clement the Jets' answer at right tackle?

The Patriots:
How fast can four receivers pick up the Patriots' offense, and are there enough balls to go around?
The league is still buzzing about the Randy Moss trade. Sending Moss to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick makes New England the early Super Bowl favorite. Tom Brady has an impressive list of targets: Donte' Stallworth, Moss, Wes Welker and Kelley Washington. Welker is the only one of the group with any long-term security. Moss is a free agent after the season, while the team has options on Stallworth and Washington. Watching the Patriots' offense should be fun.

PUP followed by IR, as if it mattered

That's just what people on this message board think, not what anyone associated with Jackson or the team has said. I for sure could see him going on the PUP list with all the WR's NE has now added, but I don't think he's going on the IR list.

That's just what people on this message board think, not what anyone associated with Jackson or the team has said. I for sure could see him going on the PUP list with all the WR's NE has now added, but I don't think he's going on the IR list.

Sorry but I don't see Jackson on the field this year. He will probable be pupped and then IR. If he does not do something in 2008 I think he will be cut.

Just another Bethel Johnson...

Well I see him Pupped, but not put on IR.

Clayton,bless his heart lol,raises some good points. Here's one I find interesting:
So how much different will this Broncos defense be?
Mike Shanahan surprised everyone by firing defensive coordinator Larry Coyer and replacing him with the talented Jim Bates. Equally surprising has been the overhaul in personnel. Middle linebacker Al Wilson was released. The Broncos also changed the focus of the defensive line, which had been filled with former Cleveland Browns. The Broncos drafted two linemen from Florida and acquired Dre' Bly to start at cornerback opposite Champ Bailey. Bates comes in with an aggressive style of coverage. He loves man-to-man and will have his corners in press coverage. Obviously, Shanahan wants more big plays coming from his defense.

The Broncos have been quietly making a lot of good offseason moves,and jmo but they're not getting half the press they deserve on this front. They've done well-now the question is,can Shanahan pull the team together after all that's happened. I think he will.
Damn Broncos.

Sorry but I don't see Jackson on the field this year. He will probable be pupped and then IR. If he does not do something in 2008 I think he will be cut.

Bethel didnt have very good hands..he was just staight line speed with some muscle.

Chad on the other hand..big WR..very fast..very good hands.

both couldnt catch on with playbook but CJ had injuries while Bethel just didnt get going

RE: Jackson

he pretty much has to start the year on PUP because he's injured, they don't need him, and they can use the roster spot while they figure out what other receivers they want to hold onto.

as for IR, it really depends on him and the other WRs. If another WR gets IR'd early on that could open a spot for Chad. If they've seen enough of Washington and feel like cutting bait, or if they decide that they don't have much need for a Gaffney or a Caldwell, they could cut someone and activate Chad. Another factor could be whether or not Troy comes back.

Without a roster spot it would make sense to IR him. They just might be able to open a spot for him if he earns it. We'll see.

Clayton,bless his heart lol,raises some good points. Here's one I find interesting:
So how much different will this Broncos defense be?
Mike Shanahan surprised everyone by firing defensive coordinator Larry Coyer and replacing him with the talented Jim Bates. Equally surprising has been the overhaul in personnel. Middle linebacker Al Wilson was released. The Broncos also changed the focus of the defensive line, which had been filled with former Cleveland Browns. The Broncos drafted two linemen from Florida and acquired Dre' Bly to start at cornerback opposite Champ Bailey. Bates comes in with an aggressive style of coverage. He loves man-to-man and will have his corners in press coverage. Obviously, Shanahan wants more big plays coming from his defense.

The Broncos have been quietly making a lot of good offseason moves,and jmo but they're not getting half the press they deserve on this front. They've done well-now the question is,can Shanahan pull the team together after all that's happened. I think he will.
Damn Broncos.

What about a 2nd year QB?
a New RB? and a New RT?

You have to get a long way down the story to find, but I had to laugh to see that LenDale White apparently now weighs 260lb!! He gets any bigger they might just as well stick him on the line.

Wow, you guys are tough on a player who missed his rookie training camp due to injury, and was never healthy last year. He needs a camp, and if he can practice, he won't be pupped. So far, none of us have a clue how seere his injury is, and if it will keep him from practicing. BB won't keep a healthy second round pick on IR so that Caldwell or Gaffney can make the 53.

a New RB? and a New RT?

Not to mention with their new aggressive, man to man coverage, brady will be eating their db's for dinner with moss and company. Theres no way they can cover all of our receivers, not to mention the holes it will open for maroney. I really, reallly want to meet up with the broncs and kick their ass, and this yr. is better than any to do it.

a New RB? and a New RT?

Toast. But I like defense so it will be interesting to see how they work out and especially how Shanahan covers us. They've been a thorn in our side yet have managed to get pushed to the Discussion Back Burner,despite all their moves. And I'm tired of the Colts :cool:

Not to mention with their new aggressive, man to man coverage, brady will be eating their db's for dinner with moss and company. Theres no way they can cover all of our receivers, not to mention the holes it will open for maroney. I really, reallly want to meet up with the broncs and kick their ass, and this yr. is better than any to do it.

We would have creamed them last year but we never got the chance.They royally s**ked though but it still would have been nice:rocker:
They think they own us.
I hope they get to the post season this year.

He's not Bethel Johnson, and they are completely different players. Did you watch them in college? Totally different recievers, with different builds/ability. Again his not seeing the field at all this year is just your assumption, and at this point it's far to early to make that assumption.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are tough on a player who missed his rookie training camp due to injury, and was never healthy last year. He needs a camp, and if he can practice, he won't be pupped. So far, none of us have a clue how seere his injury is, and if it will keep him from practicing. BB won't keep a healthy second round pick on IR so that Caldwell or Gaffney can make the 53.

I completely agree, and I should point out that according to sources Chad is supposed to be cleared for contact by training camp.

He stayed in NE all offseason so he could recover, and he's been working out at Gillette for awhile. He's also been studying his playbook a lot.

Rotoworld:
"Jackson will reportedly be running by June and cleared for contract by training camp. He may skip New England's scheduled trip to China in the preseason, but there is considerable optimism that he'll be ready for Week 1. He still has an uphill battle to regain all his speed this year and be a starter, but it's good news for Tom Brady if he can get on the field."

Last edited:
I know ocho cinco and you sir are no ocho cinco.

Speaking of Ocho:
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070505/SPT02/705050373/1062/SPT

Four-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson was out early Friday morning to watch the first rookie minicamp practice.

"I heard he's real good," Johnson said Friday morning of Hall. "Since he got drafted, I've watched my own tape on him."

Anticipating going against Hall in practice, Johnson said, "It's going to be fun."

Johnson left Hall one of his Chad Johnson football trading cards and a note in the rookie's portable cubicle in the locker room.

"This is the only way you gonna touch me. God bless!" the note read.

LOL he's a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore